How to Receive Christ as Your Savior

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How can one accept the free gift and place one's trust in His work, while dead?

2 Corinthians 5

18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

When Adam died in the garden, he became separated from God. That separation is gone.

KingdomRose

"But as many as received him, to them gave he the power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe upon his name" John 1:12.

The Holy Spirit is in the world calling all to come to Christ and be saved. I have never met anyone that does not know that Jesus died for the sins of the world. They know this because the Holy Spirit has revealed it to them. The call now is to receive him as your savior. The scripture says that he came unto his own, but his own did not receive him, John 1:11. Even though they rejected him, he did not reject them. His arms were always open to the Jews. His plea was, "Come unto me , all of you that are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you,and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest unto your souls" Matthew 11:28, 29.

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you that have killed the prophets and stoned them that were sent unto you, how often would I have gathered your children, even as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings and you would not" Matthew 23:37.

The same invitation is extended to all today, Come to Christ and be saved. To receive Jesus as your savior is to receive who he is. Jesus said, "Unless you believe that I am he (Lord or God) you will die in your sins" John 8:24 It is imperative that we believe that Jesus is Lord or God. If Jesus was just a man and not Lord or God he could not save us from our sins. God demands a perfect sacrifice as an atonement for our sins. Jesus was the Lamb of God who was without spot or blemish.

To receive Jesus as your savior is to receive what he has done to save you. In our name and on our behalf Jesus offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his Holy Law. It was his life that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26. We have been justified and reconciled to God by the doing and the dying of Jesus, 2 Corinthians 5:19. All who have come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him are sealed with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13 and are spiritually placed in Christ. God now sees them as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

To receive Jesus as your savior is to receive God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided for you by Jesus Christ. Peter said that salvation in Jesus is, "An inheritance incorruptible and undefiled that will never fade away, reserved for you in heaven" 1 Peter 1:4. The life has been lived, your sins have been atoned for. There is really nothing left to do, other than to receive what God has done for you in Jesus Christ.

Jesus DID NOT say, "Unless you believe that I am the Lord your God you will die in your sins"!!! Look at the whole passage that is being cited, and you can see that.

Mr. Pate continues to state this erroneous message, and it is subverting the whole message of Christ. Jesus never claimed to be God, and he always pointed to his Father as "the only true God." (John 17:3)

Jesus was not God, and neither was he just a man. He didn't have to be God Himself to save us, and he wouldn't have had the credentials if he was a mere man. So who was he? He was GOD'S SON---no more, no less. (John 10:36) He came from heaven to be born as a human, so we can see that he was more than a regular man.

He said that you must come to KNOW his Father and himself. (John 17:3) That is more than just saying "I accept Jesus as my Savior." It requires studying God's Word the Bible and understanding WHY Jesus died for us. Then after we understand, we follow the Biblical instructions to get baptized....then we follow in Jesus' footsteps, enduring to the end of this system of things. (I Peter 2:21) (Matthew 24:13)

Have you checked out John 8:24 yet? You see, Jesus DID NOT say that we must believe that he is God! In that whole chapter, what he was saying was, not that he is God, but he said, "I am the light of the world." (verse 12) That's how he identified himself.

Messages like the OP are damaging to the truth of who Jesus is. He is not God but the SON of God. And why did he die? Not so that we could go to heaven, but that we could have eternal life on this earth in paradise conditions. That is what Adam was supposed to have enjoyed, but he gave it up. Because of Jesus, we can take up where Adam left off. God made this earth to be lived on, and His purpose has not been thwarted. Can you see it from these scriptures?

Genesis 1:28, 2:15; Isaiah 45:18; Psalm 37:9-11,29; Matthew 5:5

Peter and Paul spoke of a heavenly inheritance, but that was for a relatively few humans that would rule with Jesus in his heavenly Kingdom---a real government that will rule over the earth, over US. (Revelation 20:6)

Search for the truth, not the spurious message that Mr. Pate spreads. Jesus is our Savior but he is not God. Jesus said that the Father is "MY GOD." (John 20:17; Revelation 3:12) How can God HAVE a God?

If anyone brings a message that does not recognize THE FATHER, that message is erroneous, it is wrong. What does the Apostle John say about a message that doesn't include the truth about the Father?

"Everyone that pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God. He that does remain in this teaching is the one that has BOTH the Father and the Son.If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him." (2 John 9,10)

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus DID NOT say, "Unless you believe that I am the Lord your God you will die in your sins"!!! Look at the whole passage that is being cited, and you can see that.

Mr. Pate continues to state this erroneous message, and it is subverting the whole message of Christ. Jesus never claimed to be God, and he always pointed to his Father as "the only true God." (John 17:3)

Jesus was not God, and neither was he just a man. He didn't have to be God Himself to save us, and he wouldn't have had the credentials if he was a mere man. So who was he? He was GOD'S SON---no more, no less. (John 10:36) He came from heaven to be born as a human, so we can see that he was more than a regular man.

He said that you must come to KNOW his Father and himself. (John 17:3) That is more than just saying "I accept Jesus as my Savior." It requires studying God's Word the Bible and understanding WHY Jesus died for us. Then after we understand, we follow the Biblical instructions to get baptized....then we follow in Jesus' footsteps, enduring to the end of this system of things. (I Peter 2:21) (Matthew 24:13)

Have you checked out John 8:24 yet? You see, Jesus DID NOT say that we must believe that he is God! In that whole chapter, what he was saying was, not that he is God, but he said, "I am the light of the world." (verse 12) That's how he identified himself.

Messages like the OP are damaging to the truth of who Jesus is. He is not God but the SON of God. And why did he die? Not so that we could go to heaven, but that we could have eternal life on this earth in paradise conditions. That is what Adam was supposed to have enjoyed, but he gave it up. Because of Jesus, we can take up where Adam left off. God made this earth to be lived on, and His purpose has not been thwarted. Can you see it from these scriptures?

Genesis 1:28, 2:15; Isaiah 45:18; Psalm 37:9-11,29; Matthew 5:5

Peter and Paul spoke of a heavenly inheritance, but that was for a relatively few humans that would rule with Jesus in his heavenly Kingdom---a real government that will rule over the earth, over US. (Revelation 20:6)

Search for the truth, not the spurious message that Mr. Pate spreads. Jesus is our Savior but he is not God. Jesus said that the Father is "MY GOD." (John 20:17; Revelation 3:12) How can God HAVE a God?

If anyone brings a message that does not recognize THE FATHER, that message is erroneous, it is wrong. What does the Apostle John say about a message that doesn't include the truth about the Father?

"Everyone that pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God. He that does remain in this teaching is the one that has BOTH the Father and the Son.If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him." (2 John 9,10)

There are 3 live entities in the universe. There is God, there is man and then there is animal and plant life.

If Jesus was not God then he was a man. If he was a man then he is a sinner like us.

Jesus was not born after Adam, He was born of the Holy Spirit, Matthew 1:18, which is the Spirit of God.

It was the Holy Spirit that impregnated Mary which is the Spirit of God. Jesus was born with a human body, but his Spirit was God. Which makes him the Son of God. He was all that man could be physically and he was all that God could be spiritually. He was the God man. God and man in one entity.

He had to be both God and man to save us. "In him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily" Colossians 2:9.

KingdomRose

I spent nearly 10 years in Iraq and Afghanistan. We are not permitted to proselytize by US law nor sharia law. However, you can share the gospel if they bring it up and want to talk. Not one, and I mean not one doesn't know who "Jesus" is, or that he died on the cross for sin and he was raised from the dead. He said if he is crucified he will draw all men unto him. Paul has said all are "without excuse".

Not so. We are complete in him. We are without blame. The body is dead because of sin, but we are not to regard anybody according to the flesh (with righteousness). He who has died has been freed from sin.

You are misrepresenting the scriptures. When Paul said "they are without excuse," he was talking about any who do not recognize that there is a God. The existence of God is evident by His creations. We cannot see the truth about Christ in creation. We must hear the message that Jesus brought to the earth first.

I don't know where you got the idea that Jesus "will draw ALL MEN to him," in the sense that every person will accept him. He would WISH to have everyone accept him, but all men will not come to him, for whatever reason. If you are referring to John 12:32, some versions say this:

"I will draw all kinds of men to me." (21st Century New Testament

Others say this:

"And I...will draw all things to myself." (Holy Trinity Edition of the Catholic Bible)

The inference is that Jesus will do something that would draw everything TO himself, rather than REPEL them. Everything in the universe will be benefited by his actions. That doesn't mean that all men will accept what he has done.

It is silly to say, as Mr. Pate did, that "there never is a time when a Christian is completely repented." What does that even mean? When we repent, we are sorry for what we had been doing and we stop doing it. If we are sorry, we are sorry! How can we be "not completely sorry"? We either are or we're not.

A Christian is blameless, as long as we CONTINUE to beseech God to guide us and help us, and refrain from practicing gross sins.

"Although you were formerly alienated and hostile in mind, engaged in evil deeds, yet he has now reconciled you in his fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him [God] holy and blameless and beyond reproach---if indeed you CONTINUE in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and NOT MOVED AWAY from the hope of the gospel." (Colossians 1:21-23, NASB)

KingdomRose

False statements and promoting salvation by works, by what a person does. Those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies Rom 5:10 that is the free gift.

They WERE enemies. After accepting Christ they are enemies no longer. After accepting Christ's free gift, we are required to do what Christ did.

"For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in his steps." (I Peter 2:21, NASB)

beloved57

They WERE enemies. After accepting Christ they are enemies no longer. After accepting Christ's free gift, we are required to do what Christ did.

"For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in his steps." (I Peter 2:21, NASB)
They were reconciled to God while they were enemies.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

KingdomRose

Right! Our good works and piety is but dung, compared to his works and righteousness, Philippians 3:8.

That is true, if we think that we don't need Jesus. His sacrifice comes FIRST. We can't earn our salvation without him. However, after we accept him, we must do what he did.

"Let your light shine before men, that they may see your fine works and give glory to your Father who is in the heavens." (Matthew 5:16)

"My Father is glorified in this, that you keep bearing much fruit and prove yourselves my disciples." (John 15:8)

KingdomRose

Hey Nick, take it easy man! You are getting a little too far. Read what James says in James 2:26. He says that faith without the works of the Law is akin to a body without the breath of life; dead if you know what he means.. As you can see, there is some credit in obedience to the Law to achieve salvation..

You have the right idea, but James wasn't referring to the works of the Law. He was referring to good works like what Jesus did to honor his Father and help mankind.....the preaching work (of the Kingdom; Matt.24:14), feeding someone who is hungry, rebuilding someone's house if it gets washed away in a hurricane, even everyday things...it's a state of mind, to be willing to do whatever you can for other people.

KingdomRose

There are 3 live entities in the universe. There is God, there is man and then there is animal and plant life.

If Jesus was not God then he was a man. If he was a man then he is a sinner like us.

Jesus was not born after Adam, He was born of the Holy Spirit, Matthew 1:18, which is the Spirit of God.

It was the Holy Spirit that impregnated Mary which is the Spirit of God. Jesus was born with a human body, but his Spirit was God. Which makes him the Son of God. He was all that man could be physically and he was all that God could be spiritually. He was the God man. God and man in one entity.

He had to be both God and man to save us. "In him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily" Colossians 2:9.

You are a surface believer. You cannot see the truth of matters because you stay in a little cocoon, riding the waves of the surface of the deep things of God. What your pastors say is what you gulp down, swallowing camels.

What I said stands. Jesus did not have to be God. You said yourself above that Jesus is THE SON OF GOD. That does not make him GOD. Being God's Son makes him special and unique, and not just a regular man.

When you say he is God you are lying.

KingdomRose

God's name on earth was "Jesus". They are going to hell and you are going with them.

The Bible says that Jesus is THE SON OF GOD. Not God. He said his God was in heaven and he was returning to Him. (John 20:17) How can Jesus be God and yet return to God?

Robert Pate

Banned
You are a surface believer. You cannot see the truth of matters because you stay in a little cocoon, riding the waves of the surface of the deep things of God. What your pastors say is what you gulp down, swallowing camels.

What I said stands. Jesus did not have to be God. You said yourself above that Jesus is THE SON OF GOD. That does not make him GOD. Being God's Son makes him special and unique, and not just a regular man.

Prepare to die in your sins.

Only God can atone and forgive sins.

Samie

2 Corinthians 5

18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

When Adam died in the garden, he became separated from God. That separation is gone.
And when separation is gone, people are connected to God. Ergo, they are spiritually alive.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Was God also lying when he addressed his Son as God?

But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness more than Your companions.” (Hebrews 1:8-9)​