How many....

How many....

• Yes

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Have no children yet, but will homeschool when I do.

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How many homeschooling parents do we have on TOL? I homeschool my daughter. We've homeschooled for going on six years now.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is our 11th year homeschooling.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Agent Smith
I keep hoping someday I will get the chance.

But I was able to help convince one of my friends that it was a good idea.:thumb:
Good for you!! I hope you also get the chance one day as it has been one of the most fullfilling things I've ever had the privilege in taking part in.

poogle

TOL Subscriber
Would a 6 month old count? :confused:

If so, count me in. Otherwise I guess I have to wait a few years. :chuckle:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
hmmm..
6 month olds learn at home too. Yep, sounds like homeschooling to me. :)

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
IMHO, Poogle, you start teaching your children from the day they're born. :)

poogle

TOL Subscriber
Originally posted by Poly
hmmm..
6 month olds learn at home too. Yep, sounds like homeschooling to me. :)

Since we are going to be homeschooling her when she is older I was interested in finding out which poll option would apply. :)

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by poogle
Since we are going to be homeschooling her when she is older I was interested in finding out which poll option would apply. :)
I'd say either one. Either way you're not voting "no". That's all that matters. :D

LightSon

We have 3 children, ages 11,14 & 16. This will be our 5th year home schooling.

We are mainly pleased with it. There are a few holes to fill, especially in music and PE. Music we tend to overfill, which is our choice of course. PE we've dropped the ball on.

My oldest 2 girls can't throw a ball and are "afraid" to engage in team sports of any kind because they have never had the opportunity. I am sad about this; really sad, but it appears to be too late. But Kimberly (16) is a phenomenal pianist; so perhaps my feelings balance out on that score. We are trying to get my son into some extracurricular sports, but at 11 he is already behind his public school peers.

wholearmor

We spoke with our grandson's mother this evening about homeschooling our grandson and she wants to definitely look into it! We weren't sure how she'd react to the idea so we're thrilled she's being open-minded about it.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by wholearmor
We spoke with our grandson's mother this evening about homeschooling our grandson and she wants to definitely look into it! We weren't sure how she'd react to the idea so we're thrilled she's being open-minded about it.
That's great wholearmor that you guys will be there to support her. I remember when we started we had much support from my parents but none from my husband's side. They encouraged us not to but we had to stick our heals in. Now 12 years later they are always making comments on how well mannered they are and how much they've learned. And no bragging intended here. This happens with any child whose parents spend one on one time, homeschooling them.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by LightSon
We are mainly pleased with it. There are a few holes to fill, especially in music and PE. Music we tend to overfill, which is our choice of course. PE we've dropped the ball on.

My oldest 2 girls can't throw a ball and are "afraid" to engage in team sports of any kind because they have never had the opportunity. I am sad about this; really sad, but it appears to be too late. But Kimberly (16) is a phenomenal pianist; so perhaps my feelings balance out on that score. We are trying to get my son into some extracurricular sports, but at 11 he is already behind his public school peers.

Have you given thought to karate, gymnastics or ballet? In fed school I remember PE : ACK!: but there was a time when were taught the rules and scoring of some games like tennis, bowling, volley ball etc. Low impact but fun to learn even if you don't take to the sport :)

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Or, if you live out in the country, horseback riding is good for P.E.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Chores are sometimes good for P.E. too. :chuckle: :noid:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
ooooh yeah....
and I was thinking about boating and water safety, skiing, rafting....

(or Christmas shopping at 10pm on Dec. 24th :D )

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Nineveh
ooooh yeah....
and I was thinking about boating and water safety, skiing, rafting....

Deer hunting if you use a bow. :chuckle: That can be somewhat physical.