How do you defend yourself against people who will blow themselves up to kill you?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Wrong. Try again.
There are over 3000 Creeds, Churches and Denominations of Christianity, so educate yourself, humble yourself and then stop telling people what they are.

Hmmmm..... pity the vasst majority of your Catholic ancestors didn't live by any Creed of Peace, really.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church is not the New Covenant.
The New Covenant can only be found in the Divine Words of God as passed to His Ordained Prophets and Apostles and Writ Large in the Gospels and other books and letters of the New Testament.

Anything else is just man-made drivvle.
:chuckle:

'Way to totally miss the point, and yes you are absolutely by no means Catholic. :doh:

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Anything else is just man-made drivvle.
What you believe is man-made "drivvle;" what Catholics believe is that the Lord Jesus provides for His Church a teaching office, and that this office can be trusted to teach the truth in matters of faith and morals, and self defense and the defense of innocent people are moral matters, so again, you are absolutely not Catholic, and, Catholics have no trouble with this matter, just you do, who believe in your own man-made "drivvle." You just make up what you want, and believe that. Catholics are way more humble than that, you headstrong pinhead.

eider

What you believe is man-made "drivvle;" what Catholics believe is that the Lord Jesus provides for His Church a teaching office, and that this office can be trusted to teach the truth in matters of faith and morals, and self defense and the defense of innocent people are moral matters, so again, you are absolutely not Catholic, and, Catholics have no trouble with this matter, just you do, who believe in your own man-made "drivvle." You just make up what you want, and believe that. Catholics are way more humble than that, you headstrong pinhead.

History throws some doubt upon the above claims.

eider

Islam preaches hate and the refugees are violent:

..... surely that is what you are doing at this time?
The Koran tells us that Muhammad and his were surrounded by forces set upon their destruction. It was a very fraut time for the believers and extreme situations can require extreme measures.

Understanding that Muhammad and his followers were fighting for their very survival, you begin to see the reasons for what he said, 'back in the day', 'at that time'. Dreadful situations can unfold even amongst citizens of the same country in extreme times. The US civil war might be an example, but that was 'back in the day' 'at that time' and only a very few citizens still hold those same hatreds, or quote extreme speeches from those old commanders as if it was still happening now.

That's the problem with Islamic extremists today. They read the Koran as if Muhammad is with them and they are surrounded by folks bent upon their mass destruction. They're quite mad, not at all like peaceful followers of Islam.

Unfortunately, if outside extremist nutters get their way, and all Muslims are confronted, accused, controlled, attacked, overpowered, the history of Muhammad's day-by-day fight-for-survival might be reborn throughout the whole World, and Muslims will know that they must fight like Muhammad needed to fight.

And then it will be a Holy War. And sabre rattling nutters will creep back into the shadows and leave all Hell to unlose. We've had two of those wars, and we don't want it.

So ..... no...... Islam does not preech hate and Muslim immigrants are not violent..... just that tiny minority of nutters.

eider

................ Catholics believe is that the Lord Jesus provides for His Church a teaching office, and that this office can be trusted to teach the truth in matters of faith and morals.....
I was chatting with my wife and metioned the above post.
She started to chuckle, burst out laughing.....
She eventually said,'Tell him about Magdalene. Tell him that if what he says is true, then Lord Jesus Christ sent message to a Pope that Magdalene was a whore (a few hundred years ago), and then, more recently, Lord Jesus Christ changed His mind, and sent message to a later Pope that Magdalene was NOT a whore, with apologies.

You see? My wife didn't need to mention the Popes that murdered, or kept womnen, or sired children, or amassed great mammon, or supported violent conquest, pillage and looting........ being a Brit Woman she just went straight to the side of..... Mary Magdalene, whom she believes loved Jesus dearly.

She's something else, my wife. Brit women are mostly moderates, until you attack an innocent woman, and then you'll meet with a red-hot feminist every time. Fiery girls, our ladies.

....... you headstrong pinhead.
Ah..... well...... she saw that too. She said that sometimes..... just sometimes...... :rotfl:

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I was chatting with my wife and metioned the above post.
She started to chuckle, burst out laughing.....
She eventually said,'Tell him about Magdalene. Tell him that if what he says is true, then Lord Jesus Christ sent message to a Pope that Magdalene was a whore (a few hundred years ago), and then, more recently, Lord Jesus Christ changed His mind, and sent message to a later Pope that Magdalene was NOT a whore, with apologies.
You and your "Brit" wife ought to discuss sometime about the charism of infallibility given to the popes on behalf of the Church. This special gift, which preserves the pope from teaching any error, in matters of faith and morals, is in effect whenever and only when, a pope teaches on matters of faith and/or morals, "ex cathedra," which means "from the chair," and that is St. Peter's chair, on which Peter sat, during his reign as supreme pastor of Jesus' Church. Right now the only "ex cathedra" teachings are contained within the Catechism of the Catholic Church, which was published in 1994 or 1995, and no pope has added to or taken away from the teachings therein. It is reliable, trustworthy, and authoritative. It is Christian-trademark teaching, unadulterated.
You see? My wife didn't need to mention the Popes that murdered, or kept womnen, or sired children, or amassed great mammon, or supported violent conquest, pillage and looting........ being a Brit Woman she just went straight to the side of..... Mary Magdalene, whom she believes loved Jesus dearly.
See above, and realize that no sins committed by any popes or any bishops or any priests or any deacons can or does change the infallible teachings of the papacy in matters of faith and morals.
She's something else, my wife.
Good for you. :e4e:
Brit women are mostly moderates, until you attack an innocent woman, and then you'll meet with a red-hot feminist every time. Fiery girls, our ladies.

Ah..... well...... she saw that too. She said that sometimes..... just sometimes...... :rotfl:
I hope I'm making my point clearly. No Christian needs to grapple with serious and difficult matters of faith and morals alone, the popes are there for the benefit of all Christians, Catholic or not, and maybe, especially not. Like me. :)

Last edited:

ClimateSanity

Being born into wealth and living a life of constant contact with other people of old wealth and connections and all the concomitant privileges is an extreme danger to ones soul I have concluded.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Everyone knows it flew over your head. Your response to doser proves it.
"Everyone" being the voices in your head?

I'd made a comment that empirical data showed Muslims in this country were decreasingly likely to be linked to terrorist acts.

Sod's answer, which for some reason appeared clever to CS...okay, that actually makes sense, but in any event here it is again:

i'm sure that will be a great comfort to the loved ones of those slaughtered by them
There's nothing to "get" in that. It's like a nose on a face. It's also a fallacious response. Like suggesting that if you say "violent crime is down" a qualifying rebuttal to it is, "tell that to the victims of violent crime".

Or, it's utterly beside the point. Which is why I answered: "You need a "not" before slaughtered to avoid the non sequitur...or at least nonsense."

The only way Sod's bit goes over anyone's head is if they're buried. The reason CS is trying so hard, again, for that point is to salve the hurt of Sod, who literally couldn't get a telegraphed bit a while back.

CS I don't need to estimate. Any number multiplied by zero is zero. :e4e: