How do I find something I've been looking for?

willywillyp

I'm a philosophy teacher, son of a vicar and a lifelong searcher for answers. My question is this: if I've genuinely searched for God my whole life how/why can I know where he is? I've asked for him a lot of times, I know where he SHOULD be but he's never there. Why? Why do I not get to meet him or experience him and everyone else gets some profound knowledge?

Sent from my SM-G920F using TheologyOnline mobile app

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'm a philosophy teacher, son of a vicar and a lifelong searcher for answers. My question is this: if I've genuinely searched for God my whole life how/why can I know where he is? I've asked for him a lot of times, I know where he SHOULD be but he's never there. Why? Why do I not get to meet him or experience him and everyone else gets some profound knowledge?

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV - Colossians 1:27 KJV -

God is IN you -

willywillyp

Are you looking for proof of God or how to be saved? The proof is all around you and inside you, hearing and believing the gospel of your salvation is how to be saved. Did you READ the scriptures I posted?
I am familiar with them. Telling me it's inside me doesn't really convince me of something I'm searching for within me. I want to believe. But I can't. Why?

glorydaz

"If I've genuinely searched for God my whole life..."

I don't think you have. You're just curious....HALF HEARTED.

You don't really believe you NEED Him.

Jeremiah 29:13
And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.​

willywillyp

"If I've genuinely searched for God my whole life..."

I don't think you have. You're just curious....HALF HEARTED.

You don't really believe you NEED Him.

Jeremiah 29:13
And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.​
You have absolutely no idea what I've searched for. Just for your information I have spent 3 years at undergraduate 2 years of post graduate and intend to spend 5 years further exploring the question. Your narrow minded faith blinded opinions drive me further from a true understanding of faith than the loving acceptance to which you supposedly subscribe. If you do not understand that it basically means you're a ****ing hypocrite and I WANT to know God but I can't. Thanks.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You have absolutely no idea what I've searched for. Just for your information I have spent 3 years at undergraduate 2 years of post graduate and intend to spend 5 years further exploring the question. Your narrow minded faith blinded opinions drive me further from a true understanding of faith than the loving acceptance to which you supposedly subscribe. If you do not understand that it basically means you're a ****ing hypocrite and I WANT to know God but I can't. Thanks.

You're already cussing? Bye bye

Ask your dad the vicar

glorydaz

Cussing is not allowed on this site.

Clearly, you're very angry. You'll need to get over YOURSELF before you're ready to bow before your Creator.

musterion

What was your name last time you were here?