How did you find out about TOL? ('07 poll)

How did you find out about TOL? ('07 poll)

• A friend

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Search Engine

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • BEL

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Church or some type of ministry

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 9 13.6%

• Total voters

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How did you find out about TOL. Please tell us in here as well as vote.

And please vote in this thread even if you've responded to a similar thread before. :)

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was a member of the newsgroup misc.education.home.school.christian (MEHSC). Someone put up a link to their site. I checked it out and they had a link to TOL on it. I followed it and haven't left yet. :chuckle:

Newman

Phantom told me about it. Both he and I go to the same school, he lives directly below my room (I'm on the 3rd floor and he's on the 2nd). I met his roommate before I met him, though.

It was kind of funny, because Phantom wouldn't go out with us to go eat or do something fun sometimes, because he was posting on TOL. I figured that if he liked it so much, then I should try it.

Now I'm the one skipping social opportunities because of TOL.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm an old time fan of the BEL TV show. Then a radio listener. Now the internet. I'm pretty sure I heard about it through Bob some way or another.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Back in the day, when BEL had a chatroom, some guy would come in there (like he owned the place ;) ) and kept saying, "You guys should go check out a new site called 'Theologyonline'". Since I really didn't like Christian chatrooms or Boards and only pariticipated in the BEL chat because it wasn't your typical wimpy Christian chatroom,.....I just didn't wanna. :noid:

But I finally checked it out just to get him off my back and found out that TOL was anything but your typical wimpy Christian site. :D

Sure glad he kept on us to check it out! :up:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Does anybody remember when TOL was averaging about 1 spam post per month? :D

JoyfulRook

I was probably around, but I honestly don't remember. I don't remember much of my first existence here on TOL. I was pretty little. In fact, I only remember 3 things. One was starting my first "Neglected Bible Verses" thread. Two was an annoying poster named Temple2000. The third I think is still classified. :doh:

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
In 1996-98 or so I used to hang out on Talkcity.com #jesuscafe and #praiseplace. I was an op in pp. It wasn't a wimpy chatroom at all, but VERY charismatic. :) I've changed a lot. When talkcity died, I hung out in #christian on dalnet. Now that is a wimpy chatroom. I got kicked out for trying to explain Open Theism. :) Heard about TOL from Bob Enyart, and never looked back.

Thanks Knight, and congrats on the 10yr anniversary!

Ps82

Over the past years I have posted at 2 other "Christian" sights, but they gradually became over-run by "God-less" people who only came to argue about our Christian beliefs. The moderators became worn out from living their own lives and having to monitor the sights from arguments. The Christian posters became bored of battling the same old topics over and over. People left and the sights shut down. I have found other Christians with which I enjoyed discussions of their ideas and of my sometimes-unusual theories, only to finally lose touch with them due to harassment to all of us from non-believers.

Now maybe some of you will understand why I am prone to confront atheists here … I know that Christians are prone to want to witness to non-believers, but I would say that the God-less ones have learned their methods for shutting down Christian sights ... and they are much more persistent about their goals in this than we may be in our efforts of “winning them over” to our side.

I like this sight very much ... but just wanted to take this moment to explain to many of you why I have no patience with some people. Sorry for the negative comments.

Jackson

I was searching for some information about an old cult and found TOL. Someone was discussing the same cult and found that they had the same experiences with it. i don't remember who that was. I love this sight and most of the people on it. :jump:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Jefferson told me about it. I cam here to refute Bob Enyart, and those who agreed with him. And if you don't believe me, search out my earliest posts.

GuySmiley

Vaquero45 said:
In 1996-98 or so I used to hang out on Talkcity.com #jesuscafe and #praiseplace. I was an op in pp. It wasn't a wimpy chatroom at all, but VERY charismatic. :) I've changed a lot. When talkcity died, I hung out in #christian on dalnet. Now that is a wimpy chatroom. I got kicked out for trying to explain Open Theism. :) Heard about TOL from Bob Enyart, and never looked back.
I heard about TOL from Vaquero45 who kept bugging me about some Denver pastor named Enyart. I got on TOL the first time to read the BR VII. Then I registered and thought I'd never really post here so I picked the first username that popped into my head (because of all the smilies). Then I got sucked in. :) I would have given more thought to a username if I only knew what was in store for me.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
GuySmiley said:
I heard about TOL from Vaquero45 who kept bugging me about some Denver pastor named Enyart. I got on TOL the first time to read the BR VII. Then I registered and thought I'd never really post here so I picked the first username that popped into my head (because of all the smilies). Then I got sucked in. :) I would have given more thought to a username if I only knew what was in store for me.
Change it then. Newman did.

GuySmiley

Lighthouse said:
Change it then. Newman did.
I want to, I just don't know what to?
I was thinking of 'TheWay' as in the early name for Christianity, but it sounds quite egotistical like I am the way the truth and the life, so I dont think so.

PKevman

GuySmiley said:
I want to, I just don't know what to?
I was thinking of 'TheWay' as in the early name for Christianity, but it sounds quite egotistical like I am the way the truth and the life, so I dont think so.

How about "GodsWayorNoWay" :)