How did you find out about Theology Online? ('03 poll)

How did you find out about Theology Online? ('03 poll)

• A friend (please give how they found out if possible)

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Search engine

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • BEL

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Recommended on another site (please specify)

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Word of mouth

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • other (please specify)

Votes: 8 11.3%

• Total voters

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by poogle
I followed the link from the misc.education.home-school.christian newsgroup for the Does God Exists debate. Been lurking ever since.
Lurk away!!

ksoltisb

Re: How did you find out about Theology Online?

Re: How did you find out about Theology Online?

Originally posted by Poly
Just how did you find out about this great place anyway?
The smartest man in the world told me about it!:jump:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: Re: How did you find out about Theology Online?

Re: Re: How did you find out about Theology Online?

Originally posted by ksoltisb
The smartest man in the world told me about it!:jump:
:think: Hmmm.. I have my ideas but am still curious.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by poogle
I followed the link from the misc.education.home-school.christian newsgroup for the Does God Exists debate. Been lurking ever since.

Okay, poogle! That means I know you. Care to reveal yourself to me? :chuckle: It can be via PM if you want.

bibliophile1954

OVER 500 post club
God lead me to TOL! Check out past articles section on TOL's Homepage-the article entitled WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

In Jesus Name!
Bill:thumb:

MrsDearDelmar

I heard about it from BEL, but lurked a while and watched Delmar for a while. I'm real good at reading over his shoulder. And our daughter is here too. Riotgurl.

Morphy

Poly said:
Just how did you find out about this great place anyway?
The place is really great.

My story is a little bit twisted.

When I came back from the USA I wanted to brush up my English so I ran WinAmp application, started searching through talken radio stations. I didn't have a broadband connection then so I chose those with low bitrate. I tried very few radio stations and among them was BEL. I liked it because the host didn't have much callers (there are many cracks and callers' speech is often blurred), his English was rather easy to understand so I started listening to him. I was, as we call it here, 'a conservative liberal' (it should be mentioned in Europe the left ISN'T called liberals because they are not for freedom), meaning I was all out for free economy and social permissivness. I loved Bob talking about economy and I strongly disagreed when he was talking about God or strict moral rules. Gradually I loved BEL more and more and eventually I have become addicted to kgov.com, started downloading Bob's listenings on a daily basis. He mentioned TOL pretty often TOL one day I logged on and started writing.

Unfortunately it wasn't the best time. It was election hype and I didn't like Bush (nothing has changed - I still don't like him just like any other socialdemocrat) and I started attacking him what wasn't warmly welcomed here. A few rasists remarks were done against me and I decided not to log on anymore. Anyhow, TOL is addictive and BEL does a great job. I started again with a new account and I got stuck. It seems I'm addicted to TOL at least as much as I'm to BEL.

If you ask me why I will tell you it is the last resort of common sense. A place where I can openly say homosexualism is destructive, democracy and Marxism/liberalism are false religions, death penalty is right and so on. And nobody is going to look at me as if I was a freak when I say Christian morality is the best and should be implemented all over the world.

Guys, Knight, Bob: thank you for TOL. The greatest website on the Internet.

There is just one thing I expect from TOL: to help me find my way to God. The fact I'm agnostic doesn't mean I hate God. I'm just still looking.

This is my story. I hope it's not boring. :)

:cheers: