Hit and Caught Before Running

Ben Masada

Last week I met in the street with a couple from the Christian faction of "Jehovah's Witnesses" who, after giving me a pamphlet from the Watch Tower, the following dialogue took place:

"J'W" - Do you know that the Jewish Divine election has been replaced by the "Jehovah's Witnesses."

Jew - I don't think so but, where is it written?

"J'W" - Isaiah 43:10.

Jew - Take the zero off and read Isaiah 43:1 and see who are the real Jehovah's Witnesses. The whole chapter is about Israel.

"J'W" - Better yet hear what John 3:16 says about Jesus: "Jehovah so loved the world as to give His only begotten son that whoever believes in him is saved." Notice that he said, "Only begotten son" which means that there is no other.

Jew - How about Exodus 4:23? Jehovah Himself said that, "Israel is My son; let My son go that he may serve Me."

"J'W" - Alas, that's Israel the people who has been replaced by us. But listen, although we have replaced you, Jews are very important to us. Here is our address; would you come to visit us at 1 pm today and gave me their address.

Jew - Sorry but we are not supposed to be found within a non-Jewish house of worship.

"J'W" - What's the matter, are you afraid of something?

Jew - No it is not fear but a matter of Jewish culture.

"J'W" - Where is it written that you are not supposed to enter a non-Jewish house of worship ?

Jew - Naaman was the commander of the king of Aram and he was a leper. He had a Jewess servant who suggested to him to seek cure from Elisha in Israel. He came to Elisha and was told to immerse 7 times in the Jordan River, he did as he was bid and got cured. He converted to Judaism and asked Elisha to plead God to forgive him every time he had to help his master the king to enter the temple of Rimmon to worship. It is from this event that Jews acquired the custom not to enter a non-Jewish house of worship. That's in II Kings 5:1-18.

Conclusion - That was the end of the dialogue as they would neither speak nor remove their eyes from me. I had to say good bye and leave.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Last week I met in the street with a couple from the Christian faction of "Jehovah's Witnesses" who, after giving me a pamphlet from the Watch Tower, the following dialogue took place:

"J'W" - Do you know that the Jewish Divine election has been replaced by the "Jehovah's Witnesses."

Jew - I don't think so but, where is it written?

"J'W" - Isaiah 43:10.

Jew - Take the zero off and read Isaiah 43:1 and see who are the real Jehovah's Witnesses. The whole chapter is about Israel.

"J'W" - Better yet hear what John 3:16 says about Jesus: "Jehovah so loved the world as to give His only begotten son that whoever believes in him is saved." Notice that he said, "Only begotten son" which means that there is no other.

Jew - How about Exodus 4:23? Jehovah Himself said that, "Israel is My son; let My son go that he may serve Me."

"J'W" - Alas, that's Israel the people who has been replaced by us. But listen, although we have replaced you, Jews are very important to us. Here is our address; would you come to visit us at 1pm today and gave me their address.

Jew - Sorry but we are not supposed to be found within a non-Jewish house of worship.

"J'W" - What's the matter, are you afraid?

Jew - No it is not fear but a matter of Jewish culture.

"J'W" - Where is it written that you are not supposed to enter a non-Jewish house of worship ?

Jew - Naaman was the commander of the king of Aram and he was a leper. He had a Jewess servant who suggested to him to seek cure from Elisha in Israel. He came to Elisha and was told to immerse 7 times in the Jordan River, he did as he was bid and got cured. He converted to Judaism and asked Elisha to plead God to forgive him every time he had to help his master the king to enter the temple of Rimmon to worship. It is from this event that Jews acquired the custom not to enter a non-Jewish house of worship. That's in II Kings 5:1-18.

Conclusion - That was the end of the dialogue as they would neither speak nor remove their eyes from me. I had to say good bye and leave.
You taught them a thing or three