Hillary Was A Goldwater Girl

CRandy

Hillary Clinton used to be a Goldwater Girl and she said that she's proud to have been a Goldwater Girl. The Goldwater Girl organization opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act. They actually opposed equal rights for black people.
Hillary was part of an organization that was racist and she's actually proud to have been a part of it. That is disturbing.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Exactly what organization was racist? At that time, the Democrats were the KKK Party and the segregationist party. So I am curious to know what organization you think was racist.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hillary Clinton used to be a Goldwater Girl and she said that she's proud to have been a Goldwater Girl. The Goldwater Girl organization opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act. They actually opposed equal rights for black people.
Hillary was part of an organization that was racist and she's actually proud to have been a part of it. That is disturbing.

There were many well informed Black Americans who were against the 1964 Civil Rights Act, it was hardly a "racist" issue, the issue was the federal government stepping on states rights, which is guaranteed in the 10th Amendment.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/tenth_amendment

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
There were many well informed Black Americans who were against the 1964 Civil Rights Act, it was hardly a "racist" issue, the issue was the federal government stepping on states rights, which is guaranteed in the 10th Amendment.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/tenth_amendment

Hardly a racist issue? The act was specifically written to overturn race-based segregation and ensure equal access for black voters being denied their civil rights. But you know that.

I suspect if the federal government began enforcing the laws you'd like to see enacted, your concern for states' rights would immediately evaporate.

BTW, I was watching the news with an elderly relative of mine who campaigned for Goldwater. We both agreed that the most authentic, most articulate, most qualified of the remaining candidates prior to the DNC was Bernie Sanders.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hardly a racist issue? The act was specifically written to overturn race-based segregation and ensure equal access for black voters being denied their civil rights. But you know that

I'll repeat what I wrote above for those who didn't catch it the first time:

Amongst other things, the 1964 Civil Rights Act brought forth what we're seeing today: the federal government investigating supposed "civil rights violations" on police shootings of blacks. Again: the Constitution prohibits the federal government overstepping it's boundaries, especially in areas that the respective States were delegated to handle.

There were many ways to deal with the injustices of racial segregation without the communist backed civil rights movement getting involved (I'd gone over this before in my "The politically incorrect truth about Martin Luther King Jr." thread). Boycotting states is one of them.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
By today's looney political standards , the late Barry Goldwater would be considered a left-wing pinko commie extremist . He was pro-choice, believed in gay rights, had no problem with gays in the military , and despised and feared evangelical Christian extremists . He stated "It's more important for a soldier to be able to shoot straight than to be straight ."
He railed at the intransigent religious extremist politicians in the GOP and was extremely worried about them getting the kind of power they want in America . He was absolutely right ! They're even worse and more dangerous today nearly 20 years after his death .

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I'll repeat what I wrote above for those who didn't catch it the first time:

Amongst other things, the 1964 Civil Rights Act brought forth what we're seeing today: the federal government investigating supposed "civil rights violations" on police shootings of blacks. Again: the Constitution prohibits the federal government overstepping it's boundaries, especially in areas that the respective States were delegated to handle.

There were many ways to deal with the injustices of racial segregation without the communist backed civil rights movement getting involved (I'd gone over this before in my "The politically incorrect truth about Martin Luther King Jr." thread). Boycotting states is one of them.

Saying the same thing again only with more words doesn't change the reality of what I said.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Saying the same thing again only with more words doesn't change the reality of what I said.

I'll gladly debate you (again) showing the players behind the communist backed 1964 Civil Rights Act.

(Pssst, know your limitations anna, you've never won a debate with me before, you won't win this one either).

You are aware that your beloved LGBTQ movement is next on the list to be protected under supposed civil rights protections aren't you?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
By today's looney political standards , the late Barry Goldwater would be considered a left-wing pinko commie extremist . He was pro-choice, believed in gay rights, had no problem with gays in the military , and despised and feared evangelical Christian extremists . He stated "It's more important for a soldier to be able to shoot straight than to be straight ."
He railed at the intransigent religious extremist politicians in the GOP and was extremely worried about them getting the kind of power they want in America . He was absolutely right ! They're even worse and more dangerous today nearly 20 years after his death .

In other words, Goldwater was a Libertarian, something I learned about Goldwater later in life.

Thanks for sharing the truth De Horn, I can always depend on those from the left to get something right on occasion.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I'll gladly debate you (again) showing the players behind the communist backed 1964 Civil Rights Act.

(Pssst, know your limitations anna, you've never won a debate with me before, you won't win this one either).

You are aware that your beloved LGBTQ movement is next on the list to be protected under supposed civil rights protections aren't you?

We've never had a debate, so you've never had one to lose.

Here's how it goes: You say stuff that's bizarrely untrue, I set the record straight, then you double down on your original misrepresentation as you run with wild abandon down various bunny trails and I walk away in complete boredom.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
States have no rights. States have authority (authorized by God) which exists to guarantee rights to individuals. The red herrings going all directions is very colorful.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

She was just a young kid back then; it was her father who liked Goldwater.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
By today's looney political standards , the late Barry Goldwater would be considered a left-wing pinko commie extremist . He was pro-choice, believed in gay rights, had no problem with gays in the military , and despised and feared evangelical Christian extremists .

You have some correct ides, but are drawing the wrong conclusion. He was very much for individual liberty, and very opposed to any state measure to 'enforce' equality.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

We've never had a debate, so you've never had one to lose.

Here's how it goes: You say stuff that's bizarrely untrue, I set the record straight, then you double down on your original misrepresentation as you run with wild abandon down various bunny trails and I walk away in complete boredom.

So what do you call American citizens who have been acquitted of the crime(s) they've been charged with in a Superior Court in their respective state and later charged and convicted of the same crime but with a different twist to it by the federal government?

I call it "double jeopardy".

Double jeopardy is a procedural defence that forbids a defendant from being tried again on the same (or similar) charges in the same case following a legitimate acquittal or conviction.