Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazakiparks

Hello to you all.

Does everyone on here have to be a believer in the bible version of god. Will i be told to naff off if i say that i believe that we are all god, but are no more significant than plants or other animals.That we all belong to the same organism which is nature (GOD).:wave2:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hello to you all.

Does everyone on here have to be a believer in the bible version of god. Will i be told to naff off if i say that i believe that we are all god, but are no more significant than plants or other animals.That we all belong to the same organism which is nature (GOD).:wave2:
You can believe any wacky thing you want. We welcome all opinions here on TOL (just ask Granite and fool).

Just realize who's house you are at and you should be just fine.

mazakiparks

Oooo, a pantheist.

*waits for the one-post-wonder to post in the theology fora*

Hmm.. i m not really sure what i am. Dont know if im really the same as John Tolands version.

Did he believe that maybe we are at odds with gods will. God/nature dictates that natural selection/culling is essential to an healthy earth. Too many of any one creature or one plant, then god/nature suffers.

I think maybe the people that are closest to god are the war mongerers. They are the people that help to cull the human race.

Having said that. God will get its way in the end. The human race will no doubt be cut down to size and then the earth will carry on business as usual.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Hello to you all.

Why do you think we are no more significant than plants or animals?

assuranceagent

Wait, did you say 'naff off' or 'laughed off'?

I thought I saw the former but then I read the rest of the sentence... :plain:

Welcome to TOL, pansy. And by that I mean to imply your value, of course. :noid:

;)

Last edited:

mazakiparks

Why do you think we are no more significant than plants or animals?

Im afraid i have to answer that with a question.

Why do you, think we are. (more important).

If we all kick da bucket, and not one human exists. Do you think god will will say " Right . Thats it, no point in hanging out in this amazingly green, beautifull, wonderous place any more. No more humans..huh. Im off ".

This is just not going to happen.

Im not saying that god has no influence on us , or us on god. I pray. Although i only pray when i have a need for it. I only pray for other people... or even nature. ( prayers dont seem to work when i pray to benefit my self).

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So, Maza, don't be shy. Tell us a bit about yourself. Why are you from the UK? Does the number 51 hold any significance for you?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hello to you all.
Hiya maz :wave2:

Does everyone on here have to be a believer in the bible version of god.
No. Some around here aren't even completely convinced that THEY exist...and, to be fair, neither are some of us. :think:
Will i be told to naff off if i say that i believe that we are all god, but are no more significant than plants or other animals.
Of course not, though a number of us will probably ask uncomfortable questions like, "how can you live with yourself believing as you do?" Do you have any idea how many organisms you are personally responsible for ending in any given, selfish day of your life? :shocked:

And a couple around here might suggest you're a mass murderer, by you own admission.

But first they'll more than likely just say hi and how are you, things like that...:plain:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Hi,
I would rather have someone who thinks along pantheist lines and writes poorly, than a newbie with a big swollen head;)
So welcome. :chew:

I had a friend once who was a reformed Druid, they are allowed to pray to bushes.:ha:

mazakiparks

Hiya maz :wave2:

No. Some around here aren't even completely convinced that THEY exist...and, to be fair, neither are some of us. :think:

Of course not, though a number of us will probably ask uncomfortable questions like, "how can you live with yourself believing as you do?" Do you have any idea how many organisms you are personally responsible for ending in any given, selfish day of your life? :shocked:

And a couple around here might suggest you're a mass murderer, by you own admission.

But first they'll more than likely just say hi and how are you, things like that...:plain:

Hmm, thats an interesting thought. I suppose i am a mass murderer. I like to think of it as keeping the balance. Yin and yang stylie..

Hi,
I would rather have someone who thinks along pantheist lines and writes poorly, than a newbie with a big swollen head;)
So welcome. :chew:

Me writing i suppose is how i speak when im fooling about...innit...like. Im whats called a working class brummy.In otherwords , a person born in the city of Birmingham.

I had a friend once who was a reformed Druid, they are allowed to pray to bushes.:ha:

Im no druid. I still go to church. Churches are obviously fine places to pay respect to God. I would be happy to worship in a mosque as well.
But The church of England is what my anglo saxon brain is happiest with.

I do believe in Christ, although i dont think he was any more the son of god than you or me. But deffo, he had more insight than the average dude of his time.

John Mortimer

Hi :)

Will i be told to naff off if i say that i believe that we are all god,

I agree we are all God... but there is a lot more to say about that.

but are no more significant than plants or other animals.

I agree with this only in the sense that all that is, is One in God.
However, we occupy a significantly higher state of consciousness than plants or animals.

That we all belong to the same organism which is nature (GOD).:wave2:

Nature is indeed essentially God, (the Mother aspect of God) but God is more than nature. All creation whatsoever - including all conceivable forms - can be represented symbolically as the Divine Feminine.

God is also above and beyond nature and the world of forms, (this can be described symbolically as the Divine Masculine... the Father aspect of Divinity), and therefore we are also, in essence, above and beyond nature. That is how we are able to be self-aware and investigate nature as we do.

God is pure Being.
In creation God is Being more.

Love

John

Status
Not open for further replies.