Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Watson

Hi everyone here. I'm a former lurker now member. I have a few friends that used to visit here and informed me of the lively debate to be had on many taboo topics. :)

Anyhoo, I guess you could classify me as a pantheist of sorts...I love the sciences. I'm a mixture of left wing social policy with conservative fiscal ideals...ummm

I guess I'll stop there because I hate writing boring "about me" intro's. I'm looking forward to good conversation!

:e4e:

Quincy

I've never been part of a pant heist, shall I conclude that isn't elementary, Watson? (sorry I don't believe bad jokes are taboo)

Welcome!! :e4e:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hi everyone here. I'm a former lurker now member. I have a few friends that used to visit here and informed me of the lively debate to be had on many taboo topics. :)
Ah, you must be referring to Taboo Topic Tuesday...that was discontinued after an embarrassing incident involving a hypothetical girl from Duluth.

Still a great deal of fun to be had though.
Anyhoo, I guess you could classify me as a pantheist of sorts...
It's only natural, I suppose. :drum: I'll be here all week, by the way.
I love the sciences.
I'm engaged with the humanities.
I'm a mixture of left wing social policy with conservative fiscal ideals...ummm
So you're like an old sweater then. :think: It happens.
I guess I'll stop there because I hate writing boring "about me" intro's.
A solid enough beginning. You might have listed turn offs, like "mean people" or suggested long walks on short piers, that sort of thing...no matter.
I'm looking forward to good conversation!
We can always use another optimist around the square.

Welcome :e4e:

Dr.Watson

Ah, you must be referring to Taboo Topic Tuesday...that was discontinued after an embarrassing incident involving a hypothetical girl from Duluth.

Still a great deal of fun to be had though.
:jolly:

It's only natural, I suppose. :drum: I'll be here all week, by the way.

So after this week you go back to open mic nights at The Chuckle Hut?

I'm engaged with the humanities.

Congratulations, when's the big day?

So you're like an old sweater then. :think: It happens.

;)

A solid enough beginning. You might have listed turn offs, like "mean people" or suggested long walks on short piers, that sort of thing...no matter.

No, that list would be too long. I'm a formalist, so then I would have to list all the mean people I know. So much to do with so little time.

We can always use another optimist around the square.

When do you anticipate their arrival? :D

Welcome :e4e:

Why thank you kind Sir!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

Anyhoo, I guess you could classify me as a pantheist of sorts...I love the sciences. I'm a mixture of left wing social policy with conservative fiscal ideals...ummm

I guess I'll stop there because I hate writing boring "about me" intro's. I'm looking forward to good conversation!

Wouldn't that make you a more right than left libertarian type? I would think so, considering that you are probably an IR type, being closer to science.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This might be a foolish question, but are you a real doctor?

:)

Dr.Watson

This might be a foolish question, but are you a real doctor?

:)

Not yet. I'm a grad student. :)

My last name is not Watson either. But in lieu of my studies, and adding that I have a slight fascination with Arthur Conan Doyle's fictional characters, I decided to pick "Dr.Watson" as my forum name.

So...Stripe? Are you really one-dimensional? ;)

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ah, so you've heard his surname is Mobius then...:think: The jig is up, Stripe...and a bit around, come to think on it.

You're going to have to explain that one to the good doctor. He's nowhere near smart enough to get it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.