hi there

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
Just registered, first message.
Hi, I've been following this site for a couple of years (lurking) on a daily basis. I've learned plenty from the many knowledgeable posters and also been bewildered more than once. I thought it was finally time to stop taking and taking and start to contribute to the community.
Choosing a user name is tricky for me...how do I want to come across? What describes me? I couldn't believe commonsense wasn't already taken...too late, I got it.:cool:
I was brought up in the Anglican Church but I've explored and ascribed to many different religions over the years including being an elder in a full-gospel Pentecostal type church. Currently I'm agnostic Taoist pagan not quite deist not quite pantheist not quite panentheist seeing the truth in Jesus, the truth in Buddha, the truth in nature religions but not allowing myself to be confined by a set of doctrines. Life is too big and complicated....and yet not so much.

From what you've written it seems you need to do less investigating and more reflection.

"Currently I'm agnostic Taoist pagan not quite deist not quite pantheist not quite panentheist seeing the truth in Jesus, the truth in Buddha, the truth in nature religions"

That just tells me you need to do some division, there's nothing wrong with lots of labels if they're all true - the problem is you haven't figured out why you can agree with each one... what do they have in common?

The answer isn't on TOL, you need to ask yourself not others.

fool

Hall of Fame
From what you've written it seems you need to do less investigating and more reflection.

"Currently I'm agnostic Taoist pagan not quite deist not quite pantheist not quite panentheist seeing the truth in Jesus, the truth in Buddha, the truth in nature religions"

That just tells me you need to do some division, there's nothing wrong with lots of labels if they're all true - the problem is you haven't figured out why you can agree with each one... what do they have in common?

The answer isn't on TOL, you need to ask yourself not others.

That's not how to sell subscriptions.

Welcome commonsense. I was shocked by the availability of good user names as well.