hi there

commonsense

Just registered, first message.
Hi, I've been following this site for a couple of years (lurking) on a daily basis. I've learned plenty from the many knowledgeable posters and also been bewildered more than once. I thought it was finally time to stop taking and taking and start to contribute to the community.
Choosing a user name is tricky for me...how do I want to come across? What describes me? I couldn't believe commonsense wasn't already taken...too late, I got it.:cool:
I was brought up in the Anglican Church but I've explored and ascribed to many different religions over the years including being an elder in a full-gospel Pentecostal type church. Currently I'm agnostic Taoist pagan not quite deist not quite pantheist not quite panentheist seeing the truth in Jesus, the truth in Buddha, the truth in nature religions but not allowing myself to be confined by a set of doctrines. Life is too big and complicated....and yet not so much.

PureX

Hi, I've been following this site for a couple of years (lurking) on a daily basis. I've learned plenty from the many knowledgeable posters and also been bewildered more than once. I thought it was finally time to stop taking and taking and start to contribute to the community.
Choosing a user name is tricky for me...how do I want to come across? What describes me? I couldn't believe commonsense wasn't already taken...too late, I got it.:cool:
I was brought up in the Anglican Church but I've explored and ascribed to many different religions over the years including being an elder in a full-gospel Pentecostal type church. Currently I'm agnostic Taoist pagan not quite deist not quite pantheist not quite panentheist seeing the truth in Jesus, the truth in Buddha, the truth in nature religions but not allowing myself to be confined by a set of doctrines. Life is too big and complicated....and yet not so much.
Believe it or not, you aren't the only one. :) Welcome.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hi, I've been following this site for a couple of years (lurking) on a daily basis. I've learned plenty from the many knowledgeable posters and also been bewildered more than once. I thought it was finally time to stop taking and taking and start to contribute to the community. ]
There's not time like the present. :thumb:

Seems at odds with a lively forum, but why not?

I was brought up in the Anglican Church but I've explored and ascribed to many different religions over the years including being an elder in a full-gospel Pentecostal type church.
I came up in the Episcopal church, but I was an atheist for all of it. Good people in my neck of the woods.

Currently I'm agnostic Taoist pagan not quite deist not quite pantheist not quite panentheist seeing the truth in Jesus, the truth in Buddha, the truth in nature religions but not allowing myself to be confined by a set of doctrines.
Confined is an interesting choice. Truth, any truth, confines if the point is to live within it. It precludes other choices and actions as surely as knowing what the sum of two plus two is limits our answer to the question if presented us.

The Lutheran isn't more limited than you. He only has a different set of lines and definitions...just a thought.

Life is too big and complicated....and yet not so much.
I'd say that life is simple, but most simple truths have complicated expressions. Especially in a forum or around election time. :plain: Welcome into the active stage of your life around here.

I hope it's fruitful, engaging and rewarding.

:e4e:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome!

We have been waiting for someone to take that username and you fell for it, hook, line, and sinker. :AMR:

AMR

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
welcome-4.gif