Hi! I'm New Here !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I don't have a favorite composer. There is so much music by so many composers of all periods I love, it's impossible for me to choose a favorite.
I generally agree, but it's Mozart and then that argument for me...and with opera it's Puccini and then...I've been listening to Miles Davis "Kind of Blue" re release ("Blue in Green" is on in the background as I type this). I have the original on vinyl...
But that's true of me in general; I don't have a favorite book, film, food, drink, television program etc.
Understood. I can narrow it to a dozen of each, but that's about it.
And I could never understand people having a favorite color.
I'm almost completely color blind, so...
I like all colors.
I feel similarly about almost all of them.
And please try my classical music blog The Horn at blogiversity.org,a website where any one can sign up to do a blog on virtually anything. I cover all aspects of classical music, orchestral,operatic, choral and chamber music, history, composers, performers, current events in classical music, recommended recordings and much,much more. My blog is geared toward people who are new to classical music and would lile to learn more about it.
My mother played Rachmaninoff to me as soon as she knew there was a me in the mix, so I'm not exactly new to classical music :D but I'd be curious enough about your perspective to drop in some time.
You can easily access it by clicking on Recent Blog Posts on the upper right of the home page.
:e4e:

mighty_duck

Hi there, and welcome aboard.
Enjoy the ride, but please don't feed the atheists, we're having a population control problem with them at the moment.

You didn't mention which instrument(s) you played. Judging by your user name, I assume it is the triangle.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
I used to play the French horn professionally. It's a wonderful instrument, but awfully difficult to play. I played in countless different symphony orchestras, concert bands, opera companies and other groups, under some well-known conductors.
I've also been a substitute music teacher at various Long Island public schools, and much else.
I'm currently involved with music appreciation programs for people ill, disabled and/or elderly people, and teach them all about classical music with recordings.
I've performed in Italy, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand , Fiji and Samoa.
Some of my favorite classical composers are Wagner, Bruckner, Mahler, Richard Strauss, Dvorak, Mussorgsky, Prokofiev,
Sibelius, Carl Nielsen, Leos Janacek, Smetana, Charles Ives,
Elgar, Berlioz,etc. I love all kinds of classical music, orchestral music, operas, you name it.

always_learning

I used to play the French horn professionally. It's a wonderful instrument, but awfully difficult to play. I played in countless different symphony orchestras, concert bands, opera companies and other groups, under some well-known conductors.
I've also been a substitute music teacher at various Long Island public schools, and much else.
I'm currently involved with music appreciation programs for people ill, disabled and/or elderly people, and teach them all about classical music with recordings.
I've performed in Italy, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand , Fiji and Samoa.
Some of my favorite classical composers are Wagner, Bruckner, Mahler, Richard Strauss, Dvorak, Mussorgsky, Prokofiev,
Sibelius, Carl Nielsen, Leos Janacek, Smetana, Charles Ives,
Elgar, Berlioz,etc. I love all kinds of classical music, orchestral music, operas, you name it.

cattyfan, let me guess; he can't carry a tune in a bucket, his "music experience" consists of listening to The Beatles in concert three times, and he's never been outside of his home state. How devastating to learn.

:D

(It's an inside joke, The Horn, no offense meant.)

ChrisGergen

Cattyfan - did you go psycho on this guy too and search his resume'? Awful big claims he's making...sounds kinda like he's bragging...

Come-on girl you're slippin'. Wheres that big steel-toed boot when you need one!!

;)

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The horn, the horn, awakes me at morn.

Welcome!

AMR

Status
Not open for further replies.