Hi, I'm Draco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draco

What's up, sisters and brothers and all others? Very interesting site here...there's definitely enough here to keep me busy, that's for sure. I am Christian, but stopped going to church i.e. established, organized religion a good 15 years ago. Not because I don't love Christians or love Jesus. I did it to get closer to Him. I love the brethren, but I hate the traditions of men that are touted in church buildings around the world. I am a truth seeker. I am looking forward to learning much here and interacting, both with the body of Christ and with those outside. Peace to all.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What's up, sisters and brothers and all others? Very interesting site here...there's definitely enough here to keep me busy, that's for sure. I am Christian, but stopped going to church i.e. established, organized religion a good 15 years ago. Not because I don't love Christians or love Jesus. I did it to get closer to Him. I love the brethren, but I hate the traditions of men that are touted in church buildings around the world. I am a truth seeker. I am looking forward to learning much here and interacting, both with the body of Christ and with those outside. Peace to all.
So do you have Christian friends that you regularly fellowship with? Study the Bible with?

There are a few who mostly do that here, but real live relationships are the best! Welcome to TOL!

Welcome to TOL.
Here you can share your views instead of just watch the show.
SI

elohiym

Welcome, Draco! Glad to have you on board.

keypurr

Welcome Draco, we need more free thinkers here.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Welcome aboard. :e4e:

You were better than people gave you credit for in Rocky IV, by the way. :plain:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Was Draco in Rambo IV as well? :think:

Welcome to TOL, matey.

Jessica Claire

sounds like "keeping the Lord's day holy" might be one of the 10 your don't believe in?

tWINs

Not to start a debate or anything, but nowhere in the Bible does it say that in order to keep the Lord's day holy (which is really Saturday and not Sunday anyways) that you have to attend church. :duh:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Not to start a debate or anything, but nowhere in the Bible does it say that in order to keep the Lord's day holy (which is really Saturday and not Sunday anyways) that you have to attend church. :duh:

That was under the old Covenant, from Friday sunset to Saturday sunset. It has nothing to do with fellowshipping with God’s people. We attend church to worship God and have fellowship.

Draco,
Welcome, the forum is great; I do think you should have found another church. Not all churches are bad.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
A holy thought on TOL instead. tWINs

:think: Holy is as holy does? But is it a concern for the form or the point of that form that should control? Or do you consider them inextricably fused and, if so, why?

:wave2: again, Draco...you'll grow accustomed to the side bars and tangential hijacking that goes on around here in the name of good clean fun and fuller understanding.

Ps82

Welcome to TOL. It is a fun place to share and debate all sorts of ideas.

And... don't forget: Churches and TOL are made up of human beings, who by nature are not perfect. Don't let imperfection get you down at church or here.

bucksplasher

Forum

Forum

:think: Holy is as holy does? But is it a concern for the form or the point of that form that should control? Or do you consider them inextricably fused and, if so, why?

:wave2: again, Draco...you'll grow accustomed to the side bars and tangential hijacking that goes on around here in the name of good clean fun and fuller understanding.

says form from tradition.

Wholly formed from whole united in adoration, thanksgiving and support.

tWINs

PS Christ present in Word, People present, Host transubstantiated, and Hearts returned to their source.

PS2 Of course all the above presupposes faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.