Hi all

kent56

Just wanted to say hi all to my brethren in Christ and all those who are here seeking truth and knowledge.

I've been a believer and follower of Christ since '73. At the age of 15 the Lord made himself real to me and called me into his eternal kingdom in Christ Jesus. From the start I read voraciously. I studied to show myself approved, digging in so that I might understand what my new life in Christ was all about and to know and do what is pleasing to my Lord.

I had a few mis-turns. Got a bit legalistic for awhile. Got carried away with Last Days fever. Turned from the church and the Lord drew me back to himself and to share his love for the brethren.

I'm now 54 and over the course and turns of my life have learned that the Lord is ever faithful to us. The poem about the footprints in the sand, is cute, but I think it misses a crucial truth. When I consider my life, looking back I only see one set of footprints since believing on Christ. His. I see that this life in Christ is all about HIM, and that he alone can live it. Before I believed on Christ there were two sets of footprints, mine leading to death and HIS making the path to life. Since believing in Christ all I see are HIS footprints.

I've gone the gamet, from being centered on the Holy Spirit and his gifts, and by doing so leaving my first love, through some legalism and nitpicking fine points of understanding. To now recognizing that it is God at work in me, that he is working in me the will and do of his good pleasure. That God's work in me, causes me to want to do his will in real actions, not just empty sophistic rhetoric.

Too much of what I have heard as preaching and teaching, I think is just people doing their job in an effort to earn their salary. Few risk stirring the waters that might upset their fellowship's boat, and risk their salary....Too much of it is empty rhetoric, that teaches nothing of any kind of practical use.

Any ways I look forward to discussions here.

Krsto

Nice to have you on board Kent. I'm 52 and our stories are quite similar except my salvation experience happened when I was 18. With age and experience comes wisdom and you sound like someone who should be an elder in a church, co-pastoring with others.

keypurr

Welcome Kent, I'm 75 and I get cranky sometimes. But I share your love for God and his son.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Hi, I'm Ktoyou, people call me Ktoyou. Welcome, get ready for lots of new ideas, some you might find useful, meanwhile buckle your seat-belt, it is a bumpy ride!

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Just wanted to say hi all to my brethren in Christ and all those who are here seeking truth and knowledge.

I've been a believer and follower of Christ since '73. At the age of 15 the Lord made himself real to me and called me into his eternal kingdom in Christ Jesus. From the start I read voraciously. I studied to show myself approved, digging in so that I might understand what my new life in Christ was all about and to know and do what is pleasing to my Lord.

I had a few mis-turns. Got a bit legalistic for awhile. Got carried away with Last Days fever. Turned from the church and the Lord drew me back to himself and to share his love for the brethren.

I'm now 54 and over the course and turns of my life have learned that the Lord is ever faithful to us. The poem about the footprints in the sand, is cute, but I think it misses a crucial truth. When I consider my life, looking back I only see one set of footprints since believing on Christ. His. I see that this life in Christ is all about HIM, and that he alone can live it. Before I believed on Christ there were two sets of footprints, mine leading to death and HIS making the path to life. Since believing in Christ all I see are HIS footprints.

I've gone the gamet, from being centered on the Holy Spirit and his gifts, and by doing so leaving my first love, through some legalism and nitpicking fine points of understanding. To now recognizing that it is God at work in me, that he is working in me the will and do of his good pleasure. That God's work in me, causes me to want to do his will in real actions, not just empty sophistic rhetoric.

Too much of what I have heard as preaching and teaching, I think is just people doing their job in an effort to earn their salary. Few risk stirring the waters that might upset their fellowship's boat, and risk their salary....Too much of it is empty rhetoric, that teaches nothing of any kind of practical use.

Any ways I look forward to discussions here.
Welcome :)