Hey everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesmotguin

Hi I'm Ben.

I am a christian. I normally vote third party so you'll notice me not taking many sides on most issues. I believe in reason and truth over any given man made theology and as such believe that I can be wrong, I seek to grow smarter regardless of the cost to my ego, and I am given to change my mind.

If this is anything like most forums...I'm doomed.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi I'm Ben.

I am a christian. I normally vote third party so you'll notice me not taking many sides on most issues.
Isn't a third party a "side"? :think:
I believe in reason and truth over any given man made theology and as such believe that I can be wrong, I seek to grow smarter regardless of the cost to my ego, and I am given to change my mind.

Welcome to the "big show".

Keep your thick skin handy. TOL is a blast but it's not for the thin-skinned.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hi I'm Ben.
Ben or Benjamin called Ben...it's important. :D
I am a christian.
There are a lot of us here...more or less, depending on whom you ask.
I normally vote third party so you'll notice me not taking many sides on most issues.
:think: I sometimes think moderates are by nature the third (unorganized) party. How do you mean it?
I believe in reason and truth over any given man made theology
Well, reason is at the heart of language itself, so...you could argue you're arguing rather broadly with this. :D
and as such believe that I can be wrong, I seek to grow smarter regardless of the cost to my ego, and I am given to change my mind.
There are a number of interesting voices to be found about. Not all of them are among the faithful, though hope springs eternal.
In my experience, TOL is rather unique.

Welcome. :e4e: (not that you aren't still doomed, mind you)

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Hi I'm Ben.

I am a christian. I normally vote third party
I see. Well, prepare to hear from chrys on that. :noid:

so you'll notice me not taking many sides on most issues.
That seems right. I tend to only take one side per issue also. ;)

I believe in reason and truth over any given man made theology and as such believe that I can be wrong, I seek to grow smarter regardless of the cost to my ego, and I am given to change my mind.
Small egos are good here. I see Townie has welcomed you already, and his ego generally doesn't leave much room for anyone else. :plain:

That's OK. Just start posting and find your niche.

One question - why do you label yourself "Christian (other)"?

Jesmotguin

Sorry I'm not too great on figuring out how to use the quote function. That will be something to learn in the future.

"Isn't third party a "side"?"

Yes it is but in most cases probably not yours or the person your arguing with.

"Keep your thick skin handy"

I've learned in the past that at times generally trying to be a good person means hearing bad peoples opinions as well as the opinions who feel they are in danger of feeling like bad people.

"Ben or Benjamin called Ben?"

Benjamin Called Ben though I've had more nicknames than I can count in my lifetime.

"I sometimes think moderates are by nature the third (unorganized) party. How do you mean it?"

By third party I mean that I refuse to vote democrat or republican. Not that I think of them both of evil but I think if this country is to have any hope broadening their minds, then they must let go of their desire for power, have faith in the people and voice what they believe in and not what they think has better chances. I vote for hope. BTW I know this is not a mentality many people agree with so don't worry about arguing it, I'm well ready to hear it.

"Well, reason is at the heart of language itself, so...you could argue you're arguing rather broadly with this."

I'm well aware this is broad but I don't think I could sum up my views that specifically without going on for a few paragraphs. And I'm not saying these principals are not at the heart of others views but I'm simply saying it's more of a priority to me then trying to push hard lining ideas.

"One question - why do you label yourself "Christian (other)"? "

I'm nondenominational. I believe that my interpretation of the bible should come strait from the bible and others interpretation. One exception being when I hear sermon and I agree with the preacher enough that his/her idea becomes my idea.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hit the quote tab in the lower left corner of the post you're responding to.

The screen that takes you to will have their name and a few numbers inside a quote box, like this: [BigBen23578 ] I left a space after the 8 to keep it from working, so you'd see it. At the end of the full post you'll see: [/quote ]

Now, if you want to break it into parts and respond all you have to do is type in [/quote ] at the end of the first bit you want to respond to.

From that point all you have to do is choose the next comment you want to answer and use the quote wrap. Look up at the top of page where you're answering (just below the Fonts and Sizes line). The quote wrap looks like a blurb box from a cartoon. It sits just beneath the forward and backward arrows and has this: # symbol to its right and an envelope with a paper icon to its left.

To use quote wrap, left click your mouse. drag and highlight the section you want to respond to, releasing the click when you get to the end of the passage. It should remain highlighted. Now click on the quote wrap and the highlighted section will be set up in a quote box, looking like: [QUOTE ] text [/QUOTE ]

You can simply delete the sections you don't want to respond to or which don't really call for one.

Nothing to it, really. :e4e:

Status
Not open for further replies.