Hello I'm new here

Status
Not open for further replies.

synapse

Hello all :wave:

I'm Chrys, married with two grownup kids, a registered nurse (UK National Health Service). I live in a tiny village in the middle of Wales with just one church still nominally active with very few parishioners, the other 3 churches are now closed so I am quite isolated from fellowship.

Last year I felt the need to start reading the Bible, probably for the first time in a serious way. I read it through and I need help to understand it in a deeper way. There's some of it I get quite easily and other stuff is baffling. I have KJV, (difficult) Gideon New Testament (which I read first) and The Complete Jewish Bible with New Testament Commentary. If you have any advice about teaching aids I would be grateful.

I have been here about a week now and I am liking it, people are friendly and helpful. I had a brief look into a couple of other forums ie. BBC & Christian Web before Googling and finding Theology Online.

I was in the Church of England from childhood until fairly recently for about 40 years.

Anyhow if I am to stay any longer I thought it polite to introduce myself.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi, synapse. :wave2:
Welcome to TOL.

You should read and read and read the Bible. If you first seek answers from someone else, then you'll develop doctrine from what a man believes rather than from what God wrote. Study the scriptures. If you don't understand something, it's okay. Understanding will develop over time. You don't have to have answers to all your questions immediately when they form in your mind.

This is how you study to show yourself approved.

Have fun!

Randy

Karl der Grosse

Hi Karl,

Pontypridd - spoken as Pontypreeth 20 miles from the Capital City of Wales - Cardiff

Ah. I always wanted to go to Wales, see Swansea. It was one of the first places sacked by the vikings (first would be Lindisfarne).

Name's Dave BTW (Karl der Grosse=Charlemagne)

bybee

Welcome

Welcome

I'm Chrys, married with two grownup kids, a registered nurse (UK National Health Service). I live in a tiny village in the middle of Wales with just one church still nominally active with very few parishioners, the other 3 churches are now closed so I am quite isolated from fellowship.

Last year I felt the need to start reading the Bible, probably for the first time in a serious way. I read it through and I need help to understand it in a deeper way. There's some of it I get quite easily and other stuff is baffling. I have KJV, (difficult) Gideon New Testament (which I read first) and The Complete Jewish Bible with New Testament Commentary. If you have any advice about teaching aids I would be grateful.

I have been here about a week now and I am liking it, people are friendly and helpful. I had a brief look into a couple of other forums ie. BBC & Christian Web before Googling and finding Theology Online.

I was in the Church of England from childhood until fairly recently for about 40 years.

Anyhow if I am to stay any longer I thought it polite to introduce myself.

This is a good place to learn about many things. There are many thoughtful, knowledgeable and committed Christians here as well as a great variety of other belief systems. I use my study Bibles extensively and I "Google" certain specifics. I also ask questions of those who can be relied on to give knowledgeable responses. Welcome. bybee

keypurr

Friend, welcome to TOL.
May I suggest you go to

www.e-sword.net

and download their free bible program. It is great and there are many Bibles available, most are free. There are many notes of the early church and other things to help you understand scripture. Do not hold yourself to one Bible translation, I suggest the NIV, NASB and NKJV as starters.
God Bless and again, welcome

bybee

Good deal!

Good deal!

Friend, welcome to TOL.
May I suggest you go to

www.e-sword.net

and download their free bible program. It is great and there are many Bibles available, most are free. There are many notes of the early church and other things to help you understand scripture. Do not hold yourself to one Bible translation, I suggest the NIV, NASB and NKJV as starters.
God Bless and again, welcome

Thanks Keypurr, I plan to search the site you cited! peace, bybee:thumb:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

I'm Chrys, married with two grownup kids, a registered nurse (UK National Health Service). I live in a tiny village in the middle of Wales
So you're aquatic then. Aren't you afraid that they'll eventually crush you with their massive tails?

:plain: Yes, it's like that.
with just one church still nominally active with very few parishioners, the other 3 churches are now closed so I am quite isolated from fellowship.
Problem solved. Welcome! :e4e:

synapse

Welcome to TheologyOnline!

I'm glad you found us. Do you remember what you were searching for when you found us?

Hi Mr Boss,

I was searching for a teaching forum and typed in christian theology forum and TOL was No.1

Thanks for the welcome

chrys

NigeM

Hello! I am Nigel, a bit of a loner and have a huge interest in faith and religion... But not quite sure where I stand yet! Perhaps this forum will give me a bit of direction...

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hello! I am Nigel, a bit of a loner and have a huge interest in faith and religion... But not quite sure where I stand yet! Perhaps this forum will give me a bit of direction...

Welcome Nigel! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.