Hello from justme50

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If you never had contact with Santa Claus, you were never a Santa Claus follower.

I agree! But thats beside the point. Even by what you just said you do not know what being a christian is, and proved my point for me. Thats why there is no such thing as 'i used to be a christian' because being one, requires a direct relationship with Christ.

Spectrox War

I agree! But thats beside the point. Even by what you just said you do not know what being a christian is, and proved my point for me. Thats why there is no such thing as 'i used to be a christian' because being one, requires a direct relationship with Christ.

You haven't proved anything Angel.
How do you know your "relationship" with a character in a book is 2-way and not just 1-way? How does your "relationship" with Jesus differ from a normal relationship with a fellow human being?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You haven't proved anything Angel.
How do you know your "relationship" with a character in a book is 2-way and not just 1-way? How does your "relationship" with Jesus differ from a normal relationship with a fellow human being?

Because I am not the same person i was, because I am answered when i speak with Him, because He seeks my betterment. Because I have tested Him and found Him true.

Other human beings while well meaning, seek to help me find excuses instead of truth, unless they are those who also communicate with God in Spirit.

Spectrox War

Because I am not the same person i was, because I am answered when i speak with Him, because He seeks my betterment. Because I have tested Him and found Him true.

Other human beings while well meaning, seek to help me find excuses instead of truth, unless they are those who also communicate with God in Spirit.

How have you tested him? I thought you weren't supposed to put the Lord your God to the test?

In what ways does he answer you? Give me an example - if it's not too much trouble.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
testing

testing

How have you tested him? I thought you weren't supposed to put the Lord your God to the test?

In what ways does he answer you? Give me an example - if it's not too much trouble.

Oh come on Spectrox,....you know its a matter of 'faith' :)

pj

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Isaiah 1:8 "Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool.

1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Jeremiah 29:11 'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.

Psalm 34:8 O taste and see that the LORD is good; How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!

Psalm 119:103 How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast that which is
good.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Acts 17:11 Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.

Anyway there is so much that has been verified as Truth to me of His word that there is no reason not to believe it all.

You are using the word test in the improper way that i used it before when speaking to you. We are not suppose to test Him meaning demanding he prove Himself when we already know better.

Luke 4:9-12
And he took him to Jerusalem and set him on the pinnacle of the temple and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down from here, for it is written, “‘He will command his angels concerning you, to guard you,’ and “‘On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone.’” And Jesus answered him, “It is said, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’”

Note that kind of testing is not the same meaning as the other verses above, where you seek Him and are shown by Him that His words are true, through truth, prophecy, prayer and the changes of heart - things that cannot be done by mortal man alone.

Answered prayer, impressions of needs of others without them asking me, and words of scripture for their need, that they did not ask me for, yet tell me they received needed answer. Many others but thats enough i think.

You too can have personal knowledge of His existance - seek Him.

Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you search for me with all your heart.

Jeremiah 33:3 Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.'

You dont need me to know Him. Ask Him.

IMJerusha

I am an agnostic, having lost my Christian evangelical faith as soon as the doubts became too overwhelming to ignore. The relief at no longer being 'saved' was wonderful!:) I think it is just possible some sort of deity might exist in a dimension somewhere, but don't think humans are in contact with it. I am of the opinion ALL religions, including Christianity, are human constructs.

Well, I can certainly understand. Everything was so simple when it was simple. The interesting thing is that it was never meant to be so complicated. You need to consider the source and rather than throw the baby out with the bathwater, revert to the simplicity that was always the plan. Welcome to TOL! :wave: