Hello From A Newbie

Joseph Roberts

BANNED
Banned
Hello TOL, thought it was time to introduce myself, even though I've made a few posts. I've been lurking here for awhile. I can't say that I agree with everyone’s views, but I'm sure in time you will come to my line of thinking. HAHA

I'm a forty year-old divorced male. I recently moved back to the St Louis area after my ex-wife moved with my two boys to Atlanta. I have two boys age 11, and 15. I moved back in with my Mom and Dad to help with my Dad recover after he had some major back surgery. Since I only get to see my boys every few weeks I spend a lot of my time with my Niece and Nephew. I majored History while in college, graduated and realized that other then teaching there isn't much to be done with that degree. So I went back and got a 2nd degree in nursing. I have spent the last 15 years as a psychiatric nurse. I love to read and am rereading A Game of Thrones and various graphic novels. I like movies, I go to the theater when I can, mostly I just watch them at home. I watched Argo and Skyfall last night. I bought a Playstation 3 for my kids when they visit but found it is a lot of fun, discovering video games after 20 years or so. I'm also a pilot and own my own plane.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
So tell me Joseph. What do you own? Do you fly into Charlie Brown when you go to Atlanta?

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I own a 2008 Beechcraft G36 Bonanza. I've never flown to Atlanta I usually drive.
That's quite a plane you have. My father was a pilot so I grew up learning from him. You should fly to Atlanta. My first license was achieved at Charlie Brown. If it hasn't changed much its a great field. I haven't landed there in decades.

Joseph Roberts

BANNED
Banned
That's quite a plane you have. My father was a pilot so I grew up learning from him. You should fly to Atlanta. My first license was achieved at Charlie Brown. If it hasn't changed much its a great field. I haven't landed there in decades.

The plane is my Fathers and mine, but he can't fly solo anymore, so it is more or less mine. If he goes up I have to be with him or another licensed pilot, I'm sure you understand that. I do plan on flying down there this summer and I will fly into Charles Brown.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
The plane is my Fathers and mine, but he can't fly solo anymore, so it is more or less mine. If he goes up I have to be with him or another licensed pilot, I'm sure you understand that. I do plan on flying down there this summer and I will fly into Charles Brown.
Yes I do understand. My father had to give up his license late in life due to Parkinsons. My mother got hers then so they could keep flying together which they had done for over 4 decades. That G36 should get you to Atlanta in about 2 and a half hours. Are you instrument rated?

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
Quincy is fly too...

Welcome, I hope you make history here. And... it seems we require your nursing.