Hello everyone!

Wednesday Addams

BANNED
Banned
I'm in my 20's, male, went to business school at one of the very best universities in England, worked in banking for 6 months. Now working on a start-up. So no, I don't have a degree in theology lol but I've always had a strong interest. Other interests include boxing, MMA, football (the real football wehheyy), everything business.

I believe that your religion of choice should be based on basic principles, informed by your own research married with common sense. Unfortunately, I meet people quite often who haven't got the right balance of the two.
You may or may not perceive me as among them, I'm a muslim.

I have an instant respect for people interested in theology, we're all attracted to knowing and walking with truth in our lives on the most fundamental level. We may differ in opinion but at the core we're the same and are in tune with this.

Wishy-washiness out the way, I have been on forums before. I will quite quickly know what type of person you are and I hope this is generally a mature forum. I've seen it all (believe me, I have) and be careful trolls, I can troll you to perfection.

I'm coming in with low expectations (I haven't even looked at the content from members of this forum before) so I hope to be pleasantly surprised, secretly.

Quetzal

I believe that your religion of choice should be based on basic principles, informed by your own research married with common sense. Unfortunately, I meet people quite often who haven't got the right balance of the two.
Members here have a blind rage and hatred for Muslims. Further, many lack any form of common sense. If I were you, I would treat this place like a zoo. Come on in, check out the exhibits, rattle a few cages, then pick up a beer on the way out. :cheers:

Lon

Members here have a blind rage and hatred for Muslims.
Really? You are a member... :think: Those pesky three fingers are always pointing back.
Further, many lack any form of common sense.
And yet, you love the place...
If I were you, I would treat this place like a zoo. Come on in, check out the exhibits, rattle a few cages, then pick up a beer on the way out. :cheers:
...and are still here :think:

I think your intention was probably better than your actual welcoming words....

Quetzal

Really? You are a member... :think: Those pesky three fingers are always pointing back.
And yet, you love the place...

...and are still here :think:

I think your intention was probably better than your actual welcoming words....
I do like this place, but I have grown to like it. Enjoying your time here is about managing personalities. (I treat Doser a lot different than I treat you or Bybee, for example) The difference is in every thread this poor guy posts in he will have to deal with that bias. Every thread, regardless of what he says. That is what I am referring to.

Reactions: Lon

Lon

I'm coming in with low expectations (I haven't even looked at the content from members of this forum before) so I hope to be pleasantly surprised, secretly.

I don't think it is a good time to be a Muslim on forums: A lot of guilty-by-association, kind of like trying to build a mosque on ground-zero...

Welcome to TOL. If you can handle the heat, you might find overt wild-west guns might actually allow for a platform of dialogue. There are other muslims that post here.

Lon

I do like this place, but I have grown to like it. Enjoying your time here is about managing personalities. (I treat Doser a lot different than I treat you or Bybee, for example) The difference is in every thread this poor guy posts in he will have to deal with that bias. Every thread, regardless of what he says. That is what I am referring to.
Shoot, you'll scare him away waving him off like that :chuckle: It is a tough place, no denying that. Like I said, I think your sentiments may have been in the right place... -Lon

Wednesday Addams

BANNED
Banned
Members here have a blind rage and hatred for Muslims. Further, many lack any form of common sense. If I were you, I would treat this place like a zoo. Come on in, check out the exhibits, rattle a few cages, then pick up a beer on the way out. :cheers:

I can imagine so. Well I'm not a therapist so I can't be bothered trying to fix their need to feel hatred for things.

A lot of people on forums are rejects from what I've experienced who have a cocktail of mental issues (nothing wrong with that). I wouldn't be surprised to see the aggressive product of an OCD-anxiety-depressive cocktail. Some people on forums can handle their mental issues fine though, props to em.

In one of the forums, 3 guys (1 fighter, all had a decade in prison) didn't handle the back-and-forths well even though they originally said they will, I didn't even resort to attempts at cyber-bullying and there was zero malice from my part. Anyway, the MMA fighter went to jail recently. All of that, for a year, and there was no emotion from my part. All types of crazy has been witnessed. It's just the same rubbish.

I don't really troll, honestly. Here to ask questions, learn a thing or two about other faiths. Don't care if people are trolls here either, troll or not...if they discuss topics well then whatever, their life legacies are just lost to the archives of this forum.

Wednesday Addams

BANNED
Banned
I don't think it is a good time to be a Muslim on forums: A lot of guilty-by-association, kind of like trying to build a mosque on ground-zero...

Welcome to TOL. If you can handle the heat, you might find overt wild-west guns might actually allow for a platform of dialogue. There are other muslims that post here.

:thumb: Who are these 'moon-god worshippers' you speak of?

Lon

:thumb: Who are these 'moon-god worshippers' you speak of?
They do a search for key words like "Muslim" and "Koran" so if you do similar searches, you'll find them fairly quickly. Most of them lurk more than participate but they pop in fairly frequently.

Wednesday Addams

BANNED
Banned
They do a search for key words like "Muslim" and "Koran" so if you do similar searches, you'll find them fairly quickly. Most of them lurk more than participate but they pop in fairly frequently.

I am too newbie to use the search function apparently :crackup: either way, based on the 'koran' suggestion and the way it's spelt, they most probably are lost in their own heads and addicted to feeling defensive.

musterion

I'm in my 20's, male, went to business school at one of the very best universities in England, worked in banking for 6 months. Now working on a start-up. So no, I don't have a degree in theology lol but I've always had a strong interest. Other interests include boxing, MMA, football (the real football wehheyy), everything business.

I have an instant respect for people interested in theology, we're all attracted to knowing and walking with truth in our lives on the most fundamental level. We may differ in opinion but at the core we're the same and are in tune with this.

Wishy-washiness out the way, I have been on forums before. I will quite quickly know what type of person you are and I hope this is generally a mature forum. I've seen it all (believe me, I have) and be careful trolls, I can troll you to perfection.

Improbable. All of it.

What was your name before your last banning?

Wednesday Addams

BANNED
Banned
Improbable. All of it.

What was your name before your last banning?

:crackup: Really not chatting bull here, buddy.
I'm just very familiar with forums in general, they tend to be the same...although I haven't received any death threats yet..care to give me one for initiation purposes? 'Die and be born in Jesus your Lord and Saviour' doesn't really count.