ECT "He who overcomes I will. . . "

Cross Reference

That is part of a repeat warning to the churches in Rev 2 and 3. What was the problem in each case that we might ask, "Overcome" what?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
That is part of a repeat warning to the churches in Rev 2 and 3. What was the problem in each case that we might ask, "Overcome" what?

We must work to overcome our human nature which is the path of least resistance. We need to take the road less traveled.

nikolai_42

Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
Romans 12:21

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Revelation 12:9-11

OCTOBER23

ONE CHACHING FOR JAMIE.

(Road less traveled=Good Book)
====================

We must Deny ourselves and Overcome LUST, GREED, SLOTH

and the rest of the 7 deadly sins but not to include

GLUTTONY (because my wife is such a good cook)

Cross Reference

I have the Spirit of Christ, if that helps you.

Maybe, maybe not. Everybody can say that and it mean something different for each one.

Why are you so ashamed to declare your religious persuasion? It helps to know where one has his roots when discussing. Everyone knows mine. So how 'bout one more time I ask or I am finished replying to you.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The church's struggle is reflected in the promises made to the victor, the overcomer. Each letter to the seven churches in Revelation 2-3 closes with a promise "to him who overcomes."

The precise form that overcoming coming must take in each church depends on the particular challenge to faith and faithfulness that confronts each congregation, whether the attack comes in the form of a threat to unity, or ill external persecution, or in syncretism with pagan belief and practice, or in complacent compromise with the materialism of the surrounding culture.

AMR

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The church's struggle is reflected in the promises made to the victor, the overcomer. Each letter to the seven churches in Revelation 2-3 closes with a promise "to him who overcomes."

The precise form that overcoming coming must take in each church depends on the particular challenge to faith and faithfulness that confronts each congregation, whether the attack comes in the form of a threat to unity, or ill external persecution, or in syncretism with pagan belief and practice, or in complacent compromise with the materialism of the surrounding culture.

AMR

This leaves all trinitarians out.

1 John 5:5 KJV

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Cross Reference

I believe that but, what needs to be overcome is the question? Knowing our soul is always responsible, if our redeemed spirit is right with God, how should our soul respond? What is the challenge to this new arrangement that Paul recognized that needs to be conquered?

AMR

How 'bout the absence of divine life, short of apostasy, having its way with the soul of their church? What then needs be recognized and overcome within the lives of the Christian individuals before it can ever have any effect upon the church?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

the churches no longer exist
christianity has disappeared in the area

what part of that don't you understand?