He messed with the wrong person, this time...

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Donald Trump tweeted on Saturday that Democrats were to blame for the shutdown of the federal government, claiming the party was “holding our military hostage over their desire to have unchecked illegal immigration.”

Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) was not having any of it.

Duckworth, an Army veteran who lost both her legs in the line of duty, minced no words on the Senate floor as she lambasted the president’s tweet on Saturday. Calling him a “five-deferment draft dodger,” Duckworth described Trump’s comments as the “latest example of him failing to show leadership to take responsibility for leading this nation.”

“Does he even know that there are service members who are in harm’s way right now, watching him, looking for their commander in chief to show leadership, rather than to try to deflect blame?” Duckworth asked. “Or that his own Pentagon says that ... the short-term funding plans he seems intent on pushing is (sic) actually harmful to not just the military, but to our national security?”

“I spent my entire adult life looking out for the well-being, the training, the equipping of the troops for whom I was responsible,” she continued. “Sadly, this is something the current occupant of the Oval Office does not seem to care to do, and I will not be lectured about what our military needs by a five-deferment draft dodger.”

The senator ― a retired U.S. Army lieutenant colonel who served in the Iraq War ― went on to criticize Trump for his “baiting” of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

“I have a message for Cadet Bone Spurs: if you cared about our military, you’d stop baiting [Kim] into a war that could put 85,000 American troops and millions of innocent civilians in danger,” Duckworth said. She added that if Trump “truly cared” about servicemen and women, he’d “stop hiding behind his Twitter account, stop blaming everyone else, and tell his party ... to do their job.”

Duckworth has referred to Trump as “Cadet Bone Spurs” in the past — a reference to the medical reason Trump cited to avoid the draft for the Vietnam War.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tammy-duckworth-trump-draft-dodger_us_5a645e39e4b0dc592a098651

:nuke: :chuckle:

Jerry Shugart

“I spent my entire adult life looking out for the well-being, the training, the equipping of the troops for whom I was responsible,” she continued. “Sadly, this is something the current occupant of the Oval Office does not seem to care to do, and I will not be lectured about what our military needs by a five-deferment draft dodger.”

Perhaps Duckworth is not aware that there is a possiblity that the "families" of those in harm's way might not receive their paychecks.

She is probably more interested in the welfare of the undocumented than she is in the families of the soldiers.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps Duckworth is not aware that there is a possiblity that the "families" of those in harm's way might not receive their paychecks.

Seeing as the last two times the republicans shut down the government, our troops kept getting paid, I'd say that was not a realistic idea for you. That is happening again:

In the Senate, Sen. Jack Reed, a Rhode Island Democrat and the ranking member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, put in a bill called the "Pay Our Military Act" to allow service members to continue to receive paychecks and related compensation over the course of the shutdown.

"This bill would make sure that all active-duty, reservists, National Guard troops, as well as any civilians and contractors working in support of those forces can do their jobs and receive their paychecks," Reed said in a statement.

On the House side, Rep. Martha McSally, an Arizona Republican, also introduced legislation that would continue to pay the military and those in the Department of Homeland Security performing national security duties. Her bill would also prohibit members of Congress from receiving a paycheck during the shutdown.

https://www.military.com/daily-news...s-push-bills-keep-paying-troops-shutdown.html

Unless Trump refuses to sign such legislation, troops will be paid.

She is probably more interested in the welfare of the undocumented than she is in the families of the soldiers.

She's justifiably concerned that Trump's tantrums have made war in Korea more likely. If you cared about our troops, it should concern you, too.

She cared enough about America to put her life on the line, and lost both legs defending your right to despicably smear her. Have some respect.

Danoh

Seeing as the last two times the republicans shut down the government, our troops kept getting paid, I'd say that was not a realistic idea for you. That is happening again:

In the Senate, Sen. Jack Reed, a Rhode Island Democrat and the ranking member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, put in a bill called the "Pay Our Military Act" to allow service members to continue to receive paychecks and related compensation over the course of the shutdown.

"This bill would make sure that all active-duty, reservists, National Guard troops, as well as any civilians and contractors working in support of those forces can do their jobs and receive their paychecks," Reed said in a statement.

On the House side, Rep. Martha McSally, an Arizona Republican, also introduced legislation that would continue to pay the military and those in the Department of Homeland Security performing national security duties. Her bill would also prohibit members of Congress from receiving a paycheck during the shutdown.

https://www.military.com/daily-news...s-push-bills-keep-paying-troops-shutdown.html

Unless Trump refuses to sign such legislation, troops will be paid.

She's justifiably concerned that Trump's tantrums have made war in Korea more likely. If you cared about our troops, it should concern you, too.

She cared enough about America to put her life on the line, and lost both legs defending your right to despicably smear her. Have some respect.

You must know by now that there is no reasoning with the Trump supporter.

Anyone truly objective would have vetted him...objectively.

No way anyone truly objective would be able to support Trump upon finding such a life-long pattern of corruption.

There is no reasoning with such.

None.

As the supposed moral compass of such Himself, would have said to them...

John 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

Such then crucified Him.

His supposed followers of Moses.

John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? 5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

You think on that a moment, Barb...

Such were/are ever that entrenched in their own self-deception.

There is...no reasoning with such.

Trump only proves what their actual moral compass had/has been, all along.

Such obviously have no problem at all hearing and receiving this "other" who has "come in his own name."

And boy do they get just as livid as those of Christ's day, when this is pointed out to them.

There is...no reasoning with such.

None.

Zeke

It's more of the same bread and circuses that keep the public/chattel glued to the systems soap opera/as the hegelian dialectic world turns, and has nothing to do with actual reality concerning who runs the circus, or the ring masters scripted announcements about the next act.

Jerry Shugart

She doesn't know if new legislation will be passed to allow the families to be paid but she doesn't care. She cares more about those who are in the USA illegally than she does about military families.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
She doesn't know if new legislation will be passed

It will be if Trump signs it. Congress passed a law to do that, last two times. Trump might try to hold our troops hostage by refusing to sign it, but that would be a very stupid thing for him to do. She knows this.

to allow the families to be paid but she doesn't care.

She actually served along side other troops. It's particularly despicable to say she doesn't care. Have some self-respect, at least.

Remember,she lost her legs fighting for your right to peddle your stories here.

Arthur Brain

It will be if Trump signs it. Congress passed a law to do that, last two times. Trump might try to hold our troops hostage by refusing to sign it, but that would be a very stupid thing for him to do. She knows this.

She actually served along side other troops. It's particularly despicable to say she doesn't care. Have some self-respect, at least.

Remember,she lost her legs fighting for your right to peddle your stories here.

Don't think that's gonna matter to some 'MAGA's around here...

Jerry Shugart

Gotta personal insight into her mind have you?

I know that she couldn't know for sure that a new law would be passed to fund the military families. Besides that, the DACA had much time to go before it would expire.

She also accused Trump of being a draft dodger without any proof. She is a cheap shot artist!

That just shows her lack of respect for the Military and for the Commander-in-Chief!

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Is is another one of them polls I was not in?

Believe it or not, your participation isn't necessary to get a valid sampling of what Americans think.

Americans mostly fault Trump and the republicans for their unwillingness to compromise. Rightly so, although the democrats deserve some blame as well.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
maxresdefault.jpg

glorydaz

Believe it or not, your participation isn't necessary to get a valid sampling of what Americans think.

Americans mostly fault Trump and the republicans for their unwillingness to compromise. Rightly so, although the democrats deserve some blame as well.

I can tell you follow the fake news outlets. :chuckle:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It darn sure is!!!!

Americans mostly fault Trump and the republicans for their unwillingness to compromise.
Compromise ????
Why does there have to a compromise when what the Republicans are asking for is not a bad thing?

Rightly so, although the democrats deserve some blame as well.
It is NOT rightly so, and the Dems are to blame this time.