He is the Savior of the body.

Nanja

He is the Saviour of the Body Eph 5:23

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

The word body here does have the same meaning as world. Its the greek word is
sōma and means:

is used of a (large or small) number of men closely united into one society, or family as it were; a social, ethical, mystical body

The english word means:

in a body, as a group; together; collectively:

Now compare the definition of kosmos the greek word for world:

any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort

As you can see the definitions are practically the same.

Yes, thus Christ is the Saviour of the World of His Body.

Nanja

Jesus Christ could not have died for people unless it was on a just legal ground. So He had to be the Head of a People God the Father had given Him Jn 17:2. It was for these He entered into covenant, becoming their legal surety, and agreeing in the everlasting covenant, to be their Head and taking upon Himself all the liability, legal accountability they had before a Thrice Holy God, even to receiving the wages of death they incur. He also in their behalf works out a perfect righteousness, that fulfills every jot and tittle of absolute conformity to the very Righteousness of God. Now this couldn't be possible if He weren't already set up as their Legal Head, and they His Body !

Amen Brother ! Even while being born sinners, and before they come to believe on Him in Time; and while being enemies in their minds by wicked works Col. 1:21, and by nature the children of wrath as others: Yet all the sins of those Given to Christ the Son by the Father John 17:2 to be their Legal Head, were completely forgiven them, because by the Mercy of God, they were laid upon their Surety Christ Jesus Heb. 7:22; Is. 53:6 from Everlasting, because it pleased God Job 23:13 to foreordain them to be His Vessels of Mercy.

Rom. 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

beloved57

Amen Brother ! Even while being born sinners, and before they come to believe on Him in Time; and while being enemies in their minds by wicked works Col. 1:21, and by nature the children of wrath as others: Yet all the sins of those Given to Christ the Son by the Father John 17:2 to be their Legal Head, were completely forgiven them, because by the Mercy of God, they were laid upon their Surety Christ Jesus Heb. 7:22; Is. 53:6 from Everlasting, because it pleased God Job 23:13 to foreordain them to be His Vessels of Mercy.

Rom. 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Preach it !

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
He is the Saviour of the Body Eph 5:23

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

The word body here does have the same meaning as world.

False.

Strong's g4983

- Lexical: σῶμα
- Transliteration: sóma
- Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
- Phonetic Spelling: so'-mah
- Definition: body, flesh; the body of the Church.
- Origin: From sozo; the body (as a sound whole), used in a very wide application, literally or figuratively.
- Usage: bodily, body, slave.
- Translated as (count): body (122), bodies (10), a body (5), the body (2), in body (1), of body (1), of slaves (1).

It is not used as "world" anywhere in Scripture.

Its the greek word is
sōma and means:

is used of a (large or small) number of men closely united into one society, or family as it were; a social, ethical, mystical body

The english word means:

in a body, as a group; together; collectively:

Now compare the definition of kosmos the greek word for world:

any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort

Incorrect.

Strong's g2889

- Lexical: κόσμος
- Transliteration: kosmos
- Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
- Phonetic Spelling: kos'-mos
- Definition: the world, universe; worldly affairs; the inhabitants of the world; adornment.
- Origin: Probably from the base of komizo; orderly arrangement, i.e. Decoration; by implication, the world (in a wide or narrow sense, including its inhabitants, literally or figuratively (morally)).
- Usage: adorning, world.
- Translated as (count): world (168), of world (13), adorning (1), earth (1), in this world (1), the world (1), world.” (1).

Not even close to Soma, nor is it used as "body" or "church" anywhere in Scripture.

As you can see the definitions are practically the same.

As you can see, you are, quite clearly, wrong.

Bradley D

What scriptures are you using to teach that?

"They said to the woman, "We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world" (John 4:42).

"If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you" (John 15:19).

God's Truth

"They said to the woman, "We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world" (John 4:42).

"If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you" (John 15:19).

Those are the only two scriptures you have to support your strange ideas?

People IN THE WORLD can be the same people as those who aren't of the world.

Bradley D

Those are the only two scriptures you have to support your strange ideas?

People IN THE WORLD can be the same people as those who aren't of the world.

"That there are two worlds and we have to recognize them. Must be careful which world you chose. Many claim to be Christians and yet seem to caught in the other world."

Those of the world are sinners, while who give their lives and reject what the world considers important (flesh). Are not the "same people" who give their lives to Christ. They are human beings who rejected what the worlds considers important (money/pride) and are humble servants of Christ.

God's Truth

Saying there are two worlds means there are two views of the world. People who are Christians and people who are not!!

...but that's not two worlds.

Sorry if that is rude to you but when you spoke of two worlds it sounded like some Christians go to one world and some Christians to another.

Last edited:

Bradley D

...but that's not two worlds.

Sorry if that is rude to you but when you spoke of two worlds it sounded like some Christians go to one world and some Christians to another.

No. As I wrote there ae "People who are Christians and people who are not!!" There are people who claim to be Chrisitans, but who do not live a Chrsitian life. I was using the word world to describe one peoples from another. The epistles warns us to watch for such people.

“Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. “I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them" (Acts 20:28-30).

God's Truth

No. As I wrote there ae "People who are Christians and people who are not!!" There are people who claim to be Chrisitans, but who do not live a Chrsitian life. I was using the word world to describe one peoples from another. The epistles warns us to watch for such people.

“Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. “I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them" (Acts 20:28-30).

Okay thanks for explaining. Just one more thing though about saying 'two worlds'. Don't you think the scripture says 'not of this world' as in 'of heaven'?

Here are scriptures that support that:

Hebrews 1116 Instead, they were longing for a better country--a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.

Hebrews 12:22
Instead, you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to myriads of angels

Hebrews 13:14
For here we do not have a permanent city, but we are looking for the city that is to come.

Revelation 21:2
I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Bradley D

Okay thanks for explaining. Just one more thing though about saying 'two worlds'. Don't you think the scripture says 'not of this world' as in 'of heaven'?

"not of this world" means to me that though a Christian is livng on the world he/she is not of earthly wants. That a Christian is more concerned with what God wants (of heaven).

God's Truth

"not of this world" means to me that though a Christian is livng on the world he/she is not of earthly wants. That a Christian is more concerned with what God wants (of heaven).

Yeah right; so why not say not of this world instead of saying two worlds? The Bible doesn't say two worlds.