Guns!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Please enlighten me,thanks
Okay, so I have to say that if even 1 person in 5 were to honestly make this exact response when challenged, I wouldn't have the time it took to type up the posts. Very very excellent response!

Ad hominem happens when personal attacks are inserted as a form of argument, not just any old time someone makes the observation that you're talking out your backside.

And Ayn Rand would LOVE IT when someone defended themselves against a violent, rioting looter! If you will actually read the follow quotes, you will learn more today than you have in the last ten years of your public school education. That's not an insult or a joke an overstatement. It will be your first step toward using your own mind and thinking for yourself.

"Whatever may be open to disagreement, there is one act of evil that may not, the act that no man may commit against others and no man may sanction or forgive. So long as men desire to live together, no man may initiate—do you hear me? no man may start—the use of physical force against others.​
To interpose the threat of physical destruction between a man and his perception of reality, is to negate and paralyze his means of survival; to force him to act against his own judgment, is like forcing him to act against his own sight. Whoever, to whatever purpose or extent, initiates the use of force, is a killer acting on the premise of death in a manner wider than murder: the premise of destroying man’s capacity to live.​
Do not open your mouth to tell me that your mind has convinced you of your right to force my mind. Force and mind are opposites; morality ends where a gun begins. When you declare that men are irrational animals and propose to treat them as such, you define thereby your own character and can no longer claim the sanction of reason—as no advocate of contradictions can claim it. There can be no “right” to destroy the source of rights, the only means of judging right and wrong: the mind.​
To force a man to drop his own mind and to accept your will as a substitute, with a gun in place of a syllogism, with terror in place of proof, and death as the final argument—is to attempt to exist in defiance of reality. Reality demands of man that he act for his own rational interest; your gun demands of him that he act against it. Reality threatens man with death if he does not act on his rational judgment; you threaten him with death if he does. You place him in a world where the price of his life is the surrender of all the virtues required by life—and death by a process of gradual destruction is all that you and your system will achieve, when death is made to be the ruling power, the winning argument in a society of men.​
"Be it a highwayman who confronts a traveler with the ultimatum: “Your money or your life,” or a politician who confronts a country with the ultimatum: “Your children’s education or your life,” the meaning of that ultimatum is: “Your mind or your life”—and neither is possible to man without the other."" - Ayn Rand, Galt’s Speech, For the New Intellectual, 133​

The basic political principle of the Objectivist ethics is: no man may initiate the use of physical force against others. No man—or group or society or government—has the right to assume the role of a criminal and initiate the use of physical compulsion against any man. Men have the right to use physical force only in retaliation and only against those who initiate its use. The ethical principle involved is simple and clear-cut: it is the difference between murder and self-defense. A holdup man seeks to gain a value, wealth, by killing his victim; the victim does not grow richer by killing a holdup man. The principle is: no man may obtain any values from others by resorting to physical force." - Ayn Rand - “The Objectivist Ethics,” The Virtue of Selfishness, 32​

If some men attempt to survive by means of brute force or fraud, by looting, robbing, cheating or enslaving the men who produce, it still remains true that their survival is made possible only by their victims, only by the men who choose to think and to produce the goods which they, the looters, are seizing. Such looters are parasites incapable of survival, who exist by destroying those who are capable, those who are pursuing a course of action proper to man.​
The men who attempt to survive, not by means of reason, but by means of force, are attempting to survive by the method of animals. But just as animals would not be able to survive by attempting the method of plants, by rejecting locomotion and waiting for the soil to feed them—so men cannot survive by attempting the method of animals, by rejecting reason and counting on productive men to serve as their prey. Such looters may achieve their goals for the range of a moment, at the price of destruction: the destruction of their victims and their own. As evidence, I offer you any criminal or any dictatorship. - Ayn Rand - “What Is Capitalism?” Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal, 17​

Lon

Bought my first and second guns today!

Black Rain Ordnance BRO Patriot Gadsden Special Edition Titanium (5.56)
Smith&Wesson M&P 380 Shield EZ
And some extra stuff!

(First photo is with the gun bag the rifle comes with, second photo is with the case I bought as an addition)

Totally illegal in my state! o_O (okay, not totally, if you own one, you can keep it, but you cannot sell it or give it away).
The pistol is a good one and excellent for the wife and you.

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Totally illegal in my state! o_O (okay, not totally, if you own one, you can keep it, but you cannot sell it or give it away).
The pistol is a good one and excellent for the wife and you.
Possession of the rifle is a felony in my state. Possession of the high capacity magazines is a felony in my state.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
At the moment, NY
I could have almost guest that!

The procession of rifles isn't prohibited outright....

New York

Buyer: 21+ for handguns, 16+ for long guns (federal law limits purchases to 18+), permit required to purchase handguns, no waiting period​
Concealed carry: Allowed with permit, generally does not require firearm safety course, permit valid three to five years​
Open carry: Prohibited​
Campus carry: Prohibited​
Dealers: State license required and federal law requires license from the ATF​
Assault weapons/machine guns: Assault weapons prohibited unless owned prior to Jan. 15, 2013, and valid assault weapon owners must register gun to state and undergo background check; machine guns prohibited​
Of course, they've made getting a permit rather a difficult and lengthy process and there are stupid limits on how many rounds a magazine can hold but, one way or another, if I lived in New York (or D.C. or New Hampshire or any of those places), I would figure out how to buy as many fire arms as I could afford, precisely because they don't want me to and because fire arms scare them.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I could have almost guest that!

The procession of rifles isn't prohibited outright....

New York

Buyer: 21+ for handguns, 16+ for long guns (federal law limits purchases to 18+), permit required to purchase handguns, no waiting period​
Concealed carry: Allowed with permit, generally does not require firearm safety course, permit valid three to five years​
Open carry: Prohibited​
Campus carry: Prohibited​
Dealers: State license required and federal law requires license from the ATF​
Assault weapons/machine guns: Assault weapons prohibited unless owned prior to Jan. 15, 2013, and valid assault weapon owners must register gun to state and undergo background check; machine guns prohibited​
Of course, they've made getting a permit rather a difficult and lengthy process and there are stupid limits on how many rounds a magazine can hold but, one way or another, if I lived in New York (or D.C. or New Hampshire or any of those places), I would figure out how to buy as many fire arms as I could afford, precisely because they don't want me to and because fire arms scare them.
I'm currently filling out the pistol permit form. 22 pages. Among other things I have to provide all of my social media contacts and usernames. I have to take a 16 hour training course. And now you need to get a permit for the purchase of new semi-automatic rifles.