Greetings!

AlephTav

Hey everyone! Just stopping by to say Hi and to see what's going on around here.

I'm married with 3 small kids who I love dearly. I'm an associate pastor at a Hebrew Roots Christian Church. I love the Kansas Jayhawks, and I'm an appraiser for the local government.

Looking forward to getting involved to some degree!

Matt

OMEGA

Shalom, Aleph Tav

How do you feel about the Catholic Church or the Trinity ?

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
rightly dividing the word of truth.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

AlephTav

How do you feel about the Catholic Church or the Trinity ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Catholic Church as an entity messed up ALOT of things, but I believe there are those among God's remnant within the Catholic Church.

I don't believe in a Trinity of 3 separate gods, or identities of God. I believe in 1 God with 3 different manifestations.

Blessings,
Matt

Dena

Hello, Matt. Welcome to TOL. Were you born Jewish or are you a Messianic Christian?

AlephTav

And just got done celebrating the last of the Biblical Fall Feasts: Sukkot, or the Feast of Tabernacles/Booths. We spent 9 days camping out on our church property with multiple teachings and worship sessions each day. Awesome time!!

genuineoriginal

Welcome.

I am assuming your handle comes from the first verse of the Bible where it states that in the beginning God created AlefTav.

AlephTav

Okay. What does your congregation do differently from other congregations that you consider to be "Hebrew like"?

We teach the Torah, keep the 7th day Sabbath and the other Biblical Feasts. We try to look at scripture through a more Hebrew-mindset, which can often be different from a Greek perpsective.

And Genuine, you're right. Also, Jesus being the Alpha and Omega (Greek), or Aleph and Tav (Hebrew).

Dena

One thing I've wondered about Messianics is why you call all the holidays "feasts"?

What kinds of things do you (your congregation or your family) do or avoid on Shabbat?

genuineoriginal

One thing I've wondered about Messianics is why you call all the holidays "feasts"?

Leviticus 23:2
Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.​

Dena

My translation says "Holy Days" not feasts so I didn't make that connection. That chapter talks about Shabbat, Sukkot, Yom Kippur and Pesach but doesn't mention feasts. But if that is what it says in other translations then I can see why they are called feasts. Except Yom Kippur of course.

AlephTav

What kinds of things do you (your congregation or your family) do or avoid on Shabbat?

We avoid regular, everyday work as much as possible, including housework, yardwork, etc. But we meet for several hours on Saturday to worship, fellowship, discuss the Word, encourage one another in various ways and forms.

We view the Sabbath as a set-apart day from the rest of the week. So we try and have that day be as set-apart as we can.

Dena

Do you drive? Use electricity? Cook? Spend money? I know some Messianics who drive and use electricity but they don't spend money. I haven't met any yet that don't drive or use electricity.

Was your wife on board with going Messianic or does she just go long with it for you?

AlephTav

Do you drive? Use electricity? Cook? Spend money? I know some Messianics who drive and use electricity but they don't spend money. I haven't met any yet that don't drive or use electricity.

Was your wife on board with going Messianic or does she just go long with it for you?

Drive, Cook, use electricity? Yes.
Spend Money? Not really, unless its church-related (our bookstore, or for food for the church).

Yeah, there are alot of Messianics who don't drive at all, because of the Jewish understanding of a "Sabbath Day's Walk". Or who don't use electricity because they believe its "kindling a fire on the Sabbath".

My wife was actually the 1st one on board. I fought it and argued it for a few years, until God circumcised my heart a little, and removed the scales from my eyes, as I like to say.