Greetings from Erie, Pennsylvania

corykoos

Hello, my name is Cory Koos, from the “Great Lake City” of Erie, Pennsylvania. I am 55 years old, and a 1988 graduate of Fort Wayne Bible College (Fort Wayne, Indiana). I have also begun working on my Master’s Degree through Liberty University Online (Lynchburg, Virginia), and I also hope to take some online graduate courses from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School (Deerfield, Illinois).

I was married for 28 years, and have been divorced for the past six years. I have two beautiful daughters. My 24 year old is working on her Master’s Degree in the Pittsburgh, PA area, and my 20 year old is earning her Bachelor’s Degree in the Philadelphia, PA vicinity.

I was a pastor for 10 years, with churches in the Christian & Missionary Alliance, and the Evangelical Free Church of America. I was ordained in 1987 through Broadway Christian Church (Fort Wayne, IN), and ordained a second time in 1997 through the Christian & Missionary Alliance. I currently work as a social worker, with the hope of helping abused and behaviorally challenged children/teens find freedom and meaning through our LORD Jesus Christ.

In terms of my “world view,” I consider myself to be:
80% Arminian and 20% Calvinistic.
Post- tribulational Rapture
Pro-Life/Ant-abortion
Advocate for Persecuted Church
Strongly opposed to Islam & Marxism, and what Obama is doing to our great nation.
Mike Huckabee for President
Love Children & Animals
All children to Heaven
Pets in heaven
Yes to the gift of Tongues
No to abuse or neglect of the gift of Tongues
Leadership: I prefer a “spiritual” female over a “carnal” male

Interests:
Theology, Expository Preaching, Exegesis, Hermeneutics, Philosophy, Apologetics, Polemics, Jacob Arminius, John Wesley,
William Wilberforce, Grant Osborne, Douglas Moo,
Wayne Grudem, David Instone Brewer, Scott McKnight, Clark Pinnock, I. Howard Marshall, Al Detter (my pastor).

Reading, Writing, Research, Problem Solving, the Cinema, Al Pacino (And Justice for All), Richard Gere (Intersection), George Clooney (Michael Clayton), Tom Cruise (Mission Impossible), Angelina Jolie (Changeling), Diane Lane (Unfaithful), Laura Linney (Breach), Sports, Pittsburgh Steelers, Penguins, and Pirates, Troy Polamalu, Indiana Hoosiers NCAA Basketball, High School and College wrestling, UFC Mixed Martial Arts, Jone (Bones) Jones, Music, Pink Floyd, Genesis, Led Zeppelin, Rush, Eye Empire, Coldplay, Keane, Explosions in the Sky. TV Shows: Friday Night Lights, Breaking Bad, SouthLand, Dexter, Seinfeld.

I look forward to “intersecting” with all of you on TOL.
Blessings,
Cory

corykoos

I had to sell my "Glock" for financial reasons, but I hope to get it back before Obama becomes an official dictator.

alwight

Hi corykoos,
You already seem to have plenty of theology in your life, I hope you don't mind the opinions of non-believers.
:e4e:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Hi, you will have learned that theology is warfare with all that experience under your belt...welcome to the fray. :wave: