Greetings from England.

Winterfall

Hello one and all!

My name's Mike, I'm Agnostic and I'm from England.

I'm moving to Canada soon, probably within the next year.

I'm a woodsman. I love the outdoors and everything that goes with in! The cruddier the weather the better! I'm a sucker for rain, snow and miserable cold.

I'm relatively new to theology. I think it's safe to say that religion has been center stage the past decade in one shape or another, so I figured I'd read different perspectives and interpretations and try and make some sense of things and draw my own conclusions.
Mostly I've focused on Christianity and I'm currently looking for some more books to read as well, so any suggestions, give me a shout! Anything old or new testament, commentaries etc are welcomed :)

Anyway! Look forward to meeting you all in conversation hopefully.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
welcomesmile3.gif

keypurr

Hello one and all!

I'm a woodsman. I love the outdoors and everything that goes with in! The cruddier the weather the better! I'm a sucker for rain, snow and miserable cold.

I'm relatively new to theology. I think it's safe to say that religion has been center stage the past decade in one shape or another, so I figured I'd read different perspectives and interpretations and try and make some sense of things and draw my own conclusions.
Mostly I've focused on Christianity and I'm currently looking for some more books to read as well, so any suggestions, give me a shout! Anything old or new testament, commentaries etc are welcomed :)

Sounds like you will love Canada friend, welcome to TOL.

OMEGA

I am Canadian

Go and settle in Alberta and start working in the Oil Companies.

Lots of Work and Money there in the Great Outdoors.

bybee

Hello one and all!

Welcome! I think Karen Armstrong's "The Battle For God" is good.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hello one and all!
Well hello yourself.

Were you an agnostic before you found out you were going to or decided to move to Canada?

Well, you should consider a vacation stopover in Greenland. :think: Also, avoid the South of the U.S. until your taste turns to hellish heat and humidity. When that sea change comes head on down to Alabama in August. You won't just believe in hell, you'll actually experience it.

I'm relatively new to theology.
A hopeful sign. :thumb:

I think it's safe to say that religion has been center stage the past decade in one shape or another, so I figured I'd read different perspectives and interpretations and try and make some sense of things and draw my own conclusions.
Sounds reasonable.

Given you're a Brit you likely won't want to begin with C.S. Lewis, but you might consider, as an approach toward a spiritual exploration The Road Less Traveled, by M. Scott Peck. More in camp, anything by Thomas Merton. The Seven Story Mountain is a good point of beginning for him... The Consolation of Philosophy by Boethius is another one you should look at, brief but thoughtful...if you're interested in a testimony in application of Christian principle look online for the Practice of the Presence of God, by brother Lawrence. It's free, short and sweet and a real insight on a God centered life that you might find rewarding.

:cheers:

Winterfall

I was Agnostic before I decided I'd move to Canada.

I prefer the North American lifestyle to the European and British lifestyle. There are elements I like currently, but on a whole and the way it looks as though things are going here, it's not somewhere I want to be in the distant future.

I should probably also add that I'm an avid hockey fan! Canucks to be precise :)

Thanks for the book recommendations, I'll be sure to give them a look at.

Layla

I prefer the North American lifestyle to the European and British lifestyle. There are elements I like currently, but on a whole and the way it looks as though things are going here, it's not somewhere I want to be in the distant future.

If you don't like the way things are going, N. America won't be much better - we're becoming more and more similar to the US by the year.

But anyway. Welcome. I am English also. And agnostic also!

Layla

Rugby suuuucks.

Formula 1 for the win.

(If you don't like F1 you're a terrible British person.)