greenhorn

lighe

Hello,
Well, really new to this computer stuff, typing and spelling stinks and so really slow, where do you'all get those fancy avatar pics? :)

I, like Paul the Apostle love to argue, but as typing is not a strong suit
may prove a dis-advantage. (I love his sermon on mars hill)

A 5-point Calvinist for lack of a better (quicker term) not well read in
xtra biblical writers. Read some but not a lot, more on that later maybe.
Last 20 yrs has been bible only.

This really looks like a interesting site, here's hoping I get enough time to mingle a bit and read some threads.:cheers:

Krsto

Hello,
Well, really new to this computer stuff, typing and spelling stinks and so really slow, where do you'all get those fancy avatar pics? :)

This really looks like a interesting site, here's hoping I get enough time to mingle a bit and read some threads.:cheers:

Howdy lighe and welcome. I downloaded my avatar off the internet - wikipedia.org I think. I like the fact you were bible only for 20 years. They say the best way a bank teller can learn the difference between real money and counterfeit is to spend a lot of time handling real money. I think there is a moral in there somewhere. Did you make use of bible study aids during that time such as a concordance? One of my favorites is the IVP Bible Background Commentary. I don't usually use commentaries but this one explains the cultural and historical background behind the New Test. verses to help us see it through the eyes of the first audience.

Well have fun and hope to see ya around.

bybee

Hello,

This is a very interesting site and challenging too!
Welcome!

lighe

Hey Krsto,
Not sure what happened but I typed out a response to your question but it didnt post , a thing said tell I've posted 5 times I can't post links, I didnt know I was tryin to post a link.....

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Good to have you, keep your seat-belt fastened because it can be a bumpy ride.

lighe

Well to answer your question Krsto,
yes a KJV Thompson Chain, a Hebrew Greek key study bible (Zodiates) along with a Strongs exh concordance, also use a smiths bible dictionary, no commentaries.