Green Energy

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

Right Divider

Body part
View attachment 7282

Intermittent and unreliable power is NOT the best future for anyone (unless you're a scumbag money grubber that profits from it).

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Intermittent and unreliable power is NOT the best future for anyone (unless you're a scumbag money grubber that profits from it).

Am I a money grubber for wanting to put solar panels on my house to offset the energy I use so that my utility bills are cheaper?

Right Divider

Body part
Am I a money grubber for wanting to put solar panels on my house to offset the energy I use so that my utility bills are cheaper?
No, I was referring to those that push unreliable energy by government mandate because they get their cut. Like manufacturers of solar panels that get rich because of the government subsidizing their products. etc.

The government perverts the finances and costs of so many industries because of the dirty dealings of some connected business people and politicians.

I have nothing against anyone using any form of energy that they like.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
I will never be back to even read here.
In any case, not in @ffreeloader format.😁

I imagine others on TOL share my sentiment when I say that I was kinda sad to see you vanish from the scene as though permanently; and I'm happy to see you're back!

ok doser

IMG_20230722_101419.jpg

Naive conservatives point to the leftist obsession with electric cars even while the grid is being moved away from reliable energy sources like oil, coal and gas, to fundamentally unreliable ones like wind and solar, and then point to the blackouts in California.

“How is this going to work?” they argue, thinking that they’ve made a convincing point, while fundamentally misunderstanding (as conservatives often do) that they haven’t found a logical weakness, they’ve uncovered the enemy’s plan.

Shoving everything into an unreliable power grid, especially personal transportation, isn’t a bug, it’s a feature. That’s the whole point of electric cars, and the proliferation of always online vehicles that require a power grid and can be remotely shut down. All of this is Cloward-Piven for energy. Failure isn’t just inevitable, it’s the goal.

ok doser

IMG_20231013_103847.jpg

Like the proverbial skunk at a garden party, reality has disrupted the offshore-wind fantasy. After announcing a potential $2.3 billion write-down on its U.S. offshore-wind projects, Ørsted CEO Mads Nipper said that it was “inevitable” that consumers would need to pay more for renewable energy, since offshore wind “faces cost increases in orders of magnitude.”

Nipper’s confession makes a jarring contrast with claims made about offshore wind’s costs only a few years ago. In 2017, Michael Liebrich told BloombergNEF that green-energy costs were at a “tipping point” and had fallen below those of fossil fuels as technology “slash[ed] the costs” of offshore wind and solar. “One of the reasons those offshore wind costs have come down to be competitive without subsidies,” Liebrich said, “is because these turbines are absolute monsters.”

Even before supply-chain woes, crippling inflation, and inevitably higher interest rates intervened, the promise of rapidly declining costs driven by ever-larger turbines was always a delusion. In Europe, as University of Edinburgh economist Gordon Hughes documents, wind energy’s capital costs have risen over time, and newer and larger offshore wind turbines have regularly broken down.

ok doser