ECT Greater Works?

revpete

John: 14. 12. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

What did Jesus mean by: "greater works?"

Greater in number because of the indwelling Holy Spirit is thought but what say you?

John: 14. 12. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Greater in number because of the indwelling Holy Spirit is thought but what say you?

What this has always meant to me is being party to the building of the kingdom of God. The Lord Jesus returned to heaven and sent the Comforter, the Holy Spirit. What greater work is there, than to be the feet bringing the gospel to the world, which results in the new birth, the work of the Holy Spirit of God, which births a person to eternal life? What is the kingdom of God, that greatest of works, but the glorified Lord Jesus and His bride?

So, being God's instruments in this process is to be part of the greatest work of Almighty God. Even were somebody to literally move a mountain, it would be nothingness, compared to even William Tyndale, at his pen, making the gospel available to people, or that preacher who's helped bring one soul to the foot of the cross, saved from the clutches of Satan and to live forever. This is what is all important.

Cross Reference

John14:12. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

How else could it be taken considering the time factor in which one lives in Him?

Cross Reference

What this has always meant to me is being party to the building of the kingdom of God. The Lord Jesus returned to heaven and sent the Comforter, the Holy Spirit. What greater work is there, than to be the feet bringing the gospel to the world, which results in the new birth, the work of the Holy Spirit of God, which births a person to eternal life? What is the kingdom of God, that greatest of works, but the glorified Lord Jesus and His bride?

So, being God's instruments in this process is to be part of the greatest work of Almighty God. Even were somebody to literally move a mountain, it would be nothingness, compared to even William Tyndale, at his pen, making the gospel available to people, or that preacher who's helped bring one soul to the foot of the cross, saved from the clutches of Satan and to live forever. This is what is all important.

Do you even believe for the experience in the Father Jesus demonstrated by His life? Do you believe it is for the day in which we live?

DAN P

In John 14:12 there are two verbs " " SHALL he do " IS in the Future Tense and will come to pass during the Great Tribulation and Mark 16:17 and 18 , DON'T YOU SEE !!

When have you SEEN anyone complete Mark 16:17-18 ??

DAN P

DAN P

How would we know. I have eaten and drank at Chipotles many many times. Also, I had a rattlesnake strike at me one time but he missed.

Hi and you are just making your self LOOK BAD , good for you !!

dan p

revpete

In John 14:12 there are two verbs " " SHALL he do " IS in the Future Tense and will come to pass during the Great Tribulation and Mark 16:17 and 18 , DON'T YOU SEE !!

When have you SEEN anyone complete Mark 16:17-18 ??

DAN P

Never Dan. Anyway there's a good case that those verses shouldn't even be there.

BTW reading those verses, where do you get the GT from?

Pete 👤

DAN P

Never Dan. Anyway there's a good case that those verses shouldn't even be there.

Pete 👤

Hi ans I have heard that many times in my life time and MAYBE the Holy Spirit made a mistake in allowing those verses to be included . Yes that is what happened God mess-up , what do you think ?

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The principle is that of Elijah going up, and the mantel coming upon Elisha.

Elijah 12 miracles.

Elisha 24. 23 plus one.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Pete ��

There are there because they are true to the words of God.

Act 4:29 And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,
Act 4:30 By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.
Act 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.
Act 4:32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
Act 4:33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

LA

revpete

There are there because they are true to the words of God.

Act 4:29 And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,
Act 4:30 By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.
Act 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.
Act 4:32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
Act 4:33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

LA

Why did you quote irrelevant verses to the passage?

Pete 👤

revpete

Hi ans I have heard that many times in my life time and MAYBE the Holy Spirit made a mistake in allowing those verses to be included . Yes that is what happened God mess-up , what do you think ?

dan p

I think The Holy Spirit never makes mistakes but men regularly do. Also I think you didn't answer my question: Where do you get the GT from in the Mk. 16 verses?

Pete 👤

A thought occurred to me, to add to this statement by way of example. The Lord Jesus performed many miracles. He made the blind see, the lame walk, cleansed the leper, turned water to wine, resurrected the dead in the flesh. These are great works, no doubt about it. But do you believe the Lord Jesus would agree that, if one did any of these things, but a person just went on to damnation, what would be the greater work? The physical healing, or providing some more wine at a wedding, or the salvation of the lost, a spiritually healing work of eternal consequence? This greater work began in earnest at Pentecost, when the Holy Spirit came down, after the Lord Jesus returned to the Father.

Matthew 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

As a matter of fact, here's one of those greater works, right there in scripture:

Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Three thousand souls, in one day? How are them apples!

oatmeal

Greater, not more in number.

What Jesus Christ accomplished enables us to do greater works than he was able to do.

However, without his works, we would not be able to fulfill John 14:12

We have the gift of holy spirit from God, who is the Holy Spirit.

The spirit of or from God descended like a dove upon Jesus Christ.

We have the gift of holy spirit, I John 4:13 as part of our threefold nature. I Thessalonians 5:23, thus we have the capability to do the same works as Jesus Christ and greater.

Of course, that does not include being a perfect sacrifice for humanity, the perfect Passover lamb for all. But it does include those things that were revealed to the apostle Paul and written in his epistles.

revpete

What Jesus Christ accomplished enables us to do greater works than he was able to do.

We have the gift of holy spirit, I John 4:13 as part of our threefold nature. I Thessalonians 5:23, thus we have the capability to do the same works as Jesus Christ and greater.

Of course, that does not include being a perfect sacrifice for humanity, the perfect Passover lamb for all. But it does include those things that were revealed to the apostle Paul and written in his epistles.

When was the last time you walked on water or changed it into wine then? Why don't you go to the starving of the world and end famine and disease?

Pete 👤

Cross Reference

How about it means, as Oswald Chambers would say as us being, "Broken bread and poured out wine"?