Grace working?

Jamie Gigliotti

So much confusion... Grace, works, both??

Of course we are saved by grace. Who deserves to be in the presence of God; to be filled with a Holy God with such Holiness we can not fathom on this side of Heaven?

Ok I found grace, I found God. Do I need to work? No! Submit to God and He will work through you. His grace will work through you!

Are you filled with His grace? Its easy to tell... Is Christ's love and light shining through you? Grace working!

1 Corinthians 15:10
"But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me."

daqq

Of course we are saved by grace. Who deserves to be in the presence of God; to be filled with a Holy God with such Holiness we can not fathom on this side of Heaven?

Ok I found grace, I found God. Do I need to work? No! Submit to God and He will work through you. His grace will work through you!

Are you filled with His grace? Its easy to tell... Is Christ's love and light shining through you? Grace working!

"But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me."

"Do I need to work? No! Submit to God"

What does "Submit to God" mean according to you?
Can you please describe and explain how you "submit to God"? :)

SimpleMan77

Yes it is grace working, but it really felt like excruciatingly hard work to Paul. If you don't think so read 2 Cor 12.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Yes it is grace working, but it really felt like excruciatingly hard work to Paul. If you don't think so read 2 Cor 12.

Hi SM77,

You'll find that the tail end of Romans 7 binds to 2 Cor. 12.

2 Cor. 12:9 is the gospel war cry and it brings hate and admonishment to this very day.

There are factors to remember when reading Paul.

1) He was under the threat of death and received beatings for his ministry of Grace... as prescribed by Jesus.
2) He was a Pharisee of Pharisees that had to learn that "His Grace is sufficient"
3) Paul used carnal lessons to convey spiritual truths... just like Jesus
4) His grace is "More then sufficient"

Are we on the same page?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
How about you answer the question too since I was not the one who said it.
Or do you openly confess that you do not submit to God?

To submit is to surrender.

2 Cor. 12:9

Jesus either DID and "It IS Finished"...

Or He Did Not.

Do...

Or DONE

Slave... or son

daqq

To submit is to surrender.

2 Cor. 12:9

Jesus either DID and "It IS Finished"...

Or He Did Not.

Do...

Or DONE

Slave... or son

Jesus already "submitted to God" for you? "surrender" sounds more like it only means something like a one-time sinners prayer event full of emotion to you. Therefore I can only assume that you do indeed refuse to submit to God as the scripture admonishes us to do.

SimpleMan77

Grace working?

Hi SM77,

You'll find that the tail end of Romans 7 binds to 2 Cor. 12.

2 Cor. 12:9 is the gospel war cry and it brings hate and admonishment to this very day.

There are factors to remember when reading Paul.

1) He was under the threat of death and received beatings for his ministry of Grace... as prescribed by Jesus.
2) He was a Pharisee of Pharisees that had to learn that "His Grace is sufficient"
3) Paul used carnal lessons to convey spiritual truths... just like Jesus
4) His grace is "More then sufficient"

Are we on the same page?

Not sure what you mean by "binds to".
Romans 6,7,8 is talking about the impossibility to walk with God outside of the enabling of His Spirit/Grace. The futility of the law/flesh is summed up in the cry "Oh wretched man that I am - who shall deliver me from the body of this death?", to which he provides the answer "I thank God through Jesus Christ...There is therefor now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk...after the Spirit".
In 2 Cor 12 he is defending his apostleship by enumerating his many qualifications - both his sufferings and his deep revelations. He says he has such deep revelations that God had to give him a "thorn" to keep him humble, and remind him of his need for Him.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Not sure what you mean by "binds to".
Romans 6,7,8 is talking about the impossibility to walk with God outside of the enabling of His Spirit/Grace. The futility of the law/flesh is summed up in the cry "Oh wretched man that I am - who shall deliver me from the body of this death?", to which he provides the answer "I thank God through Jesus Christ...There is therefor now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk...after the Spirit".
In 2 Cor 12 he is defending his apostleship by enumerating his many qualifications - both his sufferings and his deep revelations. He says he has such deep revelations that God had to give him a "thorn" to keep him humble, and remind him of his need for Him.

No need to go further... as of yet... I'm all Amens to what you have written.

- Evil.Eye.<(I)>

daqq

Yes... that's the most honest thing you've ever said scripturally.

Okay, so you do confess that you do not need to submit to God because "Jesus already did it for you", but no, that is not scriptural because the scripture admonishes us to submit to God:

James 4:5-12 KJV
5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

And no doubt, because you do not feel that you have any responsibility whatsoever to submit to God, you do run around judging me and others all the time.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Okay, so you do confess that you do not need to submit to God because "Jesus already did it for you", but no, that is not scriptural because the scripture admonishes us to submit to God:

James 4:5-12 KJV
5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

And no doubt, because you do not feel that you have any responsibility whatsoever to submit to God, you do run around judging me and others all the time.

Life is in Jesus... and Jesus alone...

I may upset you and be harsh towards you... but I won't lie to you... from my biblical understanding. I do my best to speak "Jesus/Life" to you and prevent your deceit from being embraced by others.

This is my response. Sometimes... Love is tough.

daqq

Life is in Jesus... and Jesus alone...

I may upset you and be harsh towards you... but I won't lie to you... from my biblical understanding. I do my best to speak "Jesus/Life" to you and prevent your deceit from being embraced by others.

This is my response. Sometimes... Love is tough.

:rotfl:

Calling people the spirit of Anti-Christ is not love by any stretch of the imagination.
Neither is it grace or gracious by any stretch of the machinations of your imagination. :chuckle:

oatmeal

Salvation is a gift of God's grace.

Doing what God wants us to do with salvation is works.

Ephesians 2:8-10

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Salvation or being born again is similar to being born the first time. We've got it, but to make the best use of life, whether just body and soul, or after being born again, body and soul and spirit, we must learn how to mature, to reach what Ephesians 4:15 states.

Or as God put it in I Timothy 2:4

we are to receive salvation then learn the knowledge (knowledge by experience or knowledge that comes from doing) of the truth.

It takes work to rightly divide the word of truth and to apply it rightly divided. II Timothy 2:15

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
:rotfl:

Calling people the spirit of Anti-Christ is not love by any stretch of the imagination.
Neither is it grace or gracious by any stretch of the machinations of your imagination. :chuckle:

I didn't write the Bible... I just quote it. You deny that the Son of God accomplished what He accomplished by HIS DBR.

The word Christ in Greek is equivalent to the word Messiah in Hebrew.

Messiah is Savior.

Go back and dispute one matter I said you believe... earlier on today... and we will further see if you are or are not anti-Savior

You deny His Birth of a virgin... you say that Jesus is not the Son of God... but that the "Spirit Son" came at baptism and indwelled the "Man Jesus"

You deny Atonment for sin

You deny faith as saving

You redefine the testimony of Yeshua to the Law and go so far to say the Law is the word written on animal skin

You deny His DBR and the result of faith in it.

You deny that He is God!

You deny the Father, Son and Holy Spirit as One

You deny what GRACE really is

And you'll call me a liar... but... fortunately I have some saved links and quotes from you. And... I indeed have the OP link that you never addressed a single scripture in that was all yours.

- EE

daqq

I didn't write the Bible... I just quote it. You deny that the Son of God accomplished what He accomplished by HIS DBR.

The word Christ in Greek is equivalent to the word Messiah in Hebrew.

Messiah is Savior.

Go back and dispute one matter I said you believe... earlier on today... and we will further see if you are or are not anti-Savior

Um, all I did was ask the OP an honest question because I really am not exactly sure where the OP stands. It was an honest question and I tried to phrase it as sincerely as I knew how to do. The first thing you did was immediately Accuse me of undermining grace. The Accuser knows nothing about grace and everyone knows that.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Um, all I did was ask the OP an honest question because I really am not exactly sure where the OP stands. It was an honest question and I tried to phrase it as sincerely as I knew how to do. The first thing you did was immediately Accuse me of undermining grace. The Accuser knows nothing about grace and everyone knows that.

Oh... oops... I take it you're "sola fide" now?