ECT Grace, which type do ypu embrace for your salvation?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Cheap Grace

Cheap grace is the preaching of forgiveness without requiring repentance, baptism without church discipline, communion without confession, absolution without personal confession. Cheap grace is grace without discipleship, grace without the cross, grace without Jesus Christ, living and incarnate.

COSTLY GRACE

Costly grace is the treasure hidden in the field; for the sake of it a man will gladly go and sell all that he has. It is the pearl of great price to buy which the merchant will sell all his goods. It is the kingly rule of Christ, for whose sake a man will pluck out the eye which causes him to stumble, it is the call of Jesus Christ at which the disciple leaves his nets and follows Him.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer
I embrace the grace the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ told Paul to preach.

Romans 4:2-8 KJV
(2) For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
(3) For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
(4) Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
(5) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
(6) Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
(7) Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
(8) Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

You like to call what GOD bestowed "cheap grace".
It is cheap as in "FREE", yes. But certainly not cheap in quality.

Cross Reference

I embrace the grace the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ told Paul to preach.

Romans 4:2-8 KJV
(2) For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
(3) For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
(4) Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
(5) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
(6) Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
(7) Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
(8) Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

You like to call what GOD bestowed "cheap grace".
It is cheap as in "FREE", yes. But certainly not cheap in quality.

It is cheap when, by your life, you reveal it is cheap.

You need to read the difference again as posted.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is cheap when, by your life, you reveal it is cheap.
Christ reveals grace.
You can call Him cheap if you wish.

You need to read the difference again as posted.
Looks like you are the one that needs to know the difference.

Romans 5:18-19 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

HINT:
That one ain't you.
Any behavior of yours is not included.

Cross Reference

Christ reveals grace.
You can call Him cheap if you wish.

Looks like you are the one that needs to know the difference.

Romans 5:18-19 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

HINT:
That one ain't you.
Any behavior of yours is not included.

No. Get it right. I called what you have taken to yourself to be cheap because you believe you can have life as before and have Jesus as well. Got it now? Nothing needs to be changed in you or by you and everything is now OK because you recited a sinners prayer.

DAN P

Repentence initiates the grace of God. Repentence won't happen sans faith; the faith of the Son of God, Paul lived by.. Our flesh is too powerful an adversary. That is why being a Christian is by relationship, not by doctrine.

Hi and before Relationship you first have to have the RIGHT TEACHING !!

Repentance will never happen as 1 Cor 2:14 , says that the NATURAL man will never believe or Repent as the word is FOOLISHNESS to him and the bible is spiritually discerned !!

Repentance ALSO means a CHANGE of mind OR a Change of Direction !

In Acts 26:2o REPENTANCE PRODUCES WORKS and works are not in God's plan of Salvation !!

dan p

oatmeal

So it costs you your life. Isn't your life worth it?

Why do you believe it to be unmerited when God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble? Jesus was full of Grace and truth as our example.

Yes, God does give grace to the humble, but what price is the humble paying for that grace?

The arrogant are paying a price, not the humble. The arrogant loses out because he will not accept God's grace. The arrogant are self righteous and think they have to work to receive salvation. The humble receive it freely.

Grace is defined by God's unmerited favor.

That is a widely accepted definition that scholars that I trust adhere to.

If you do not like that definition, well that is your choice.

If grace is earned by works then grace is no longer grace but works.

I believe that is an accurate paraphrase of scripture

You can look it up.

Cross Reference

Yes, God does give grace to the humble, but what price is the humble paying for that grace?

Humblness as in, "dying to self". The same price Jesus paid!!

The arrogant are paying a price, not the humble. The arrogant loses out because he will not accept God's grace. The arrogant are self righteous and think they have to work to receive salvation. The humble receive it freely.

:rolleyes:

Grace is defined by God's unmerited favor.

By whom is it defined that it be a true assessment?

That is a widely accepted definition that scholars that I trust adhere to.

How unfortunate for you. You have my sympathy for having your mind snapped shut to the scriptures.

If you do not like that definition, well that is your choice.

If grace is earned by works then grace is no longer grace but works.

I believe that is an accurate paraphrase of scripture

You can look it up.

I gave you scripture that gets me off the hook. Why don't you address it as being "arrogant"????