ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagles Wings

The elect of God are those who truly trust in Jesus alone for salvation. So, saving faith is evidence of election. Has nothing to do with Calvin, Luther, Gottshalk, Melanchthon, Augustine, although they did teach this.

Election, saving faith, is a holy (wholly) gift of God.

Don't need saving faith. The faith you expend for salvation in and of itself, becomes saving faith which, by the way, 'should' leave you a new found *faith for other things in life. Things that without it, makes it impossible to please God. No gift of faith needed for the gift of God one receives as the result of such an expenditure. However, for salvation as purposed by God per John 17:3, is no free gift. The cost is one's life.

*Gal 2:20 KJV only

Salvation is the gift unless you believe there are two gifts mentioned?

If you thnk on this you should see to understand that God's grace s NOT unmerited. The requirement from us is our faith. The cost is our lives abandoned to Him in xchange for His Life that our faith becomes His Faith we then live by.
My original thought got a bit butchered above. My words are as follows:

The elect of God are those who truly trust in Jesus alone for salvation. So, saving faith is evidence of election. Has nothing to do with Calvin, Luther, Gottshalk, Melanchthon, Augustine, although they did teach this.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If one wishes to hear what the true Gospel is for today (2016) then, they must read/study the writings of the Apostle Paul in Romans through Philemon. Today (2016) Paul's Gospel (The Grace Gospel was given to Paul by the ascended Lord Jesus Christ) is for both the Jew and Gentile alike.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Ephesians 2:8 states: "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Faith is NOT the gift of God in that verse. Grace is the gift received from God, through, OUR faith.

Some, such as Calvinists would interpret that, "Faith" is the gift being spoken of. Whereas, "Grace" is the gift of God being spoken of.

Cross Reference

My original thought got a bit butchered here. My words are as follows:

Nothing I wrote violates what you and I both believe re salvation except s faith for saving oneself TO Jesus Christ is as I stated it. There is no scripture that will come against that understanding. Eph 2:8,9 is no exception. There are no two gifts of God for one's salvation. Salvation is the only gift. I gave understanding you are not mentioning. If you are old enough, then this argument is "old hat" to you.

Eagles Wings

Ephesians 2:8 states: "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Faith is NOT the gift of God in that verse. Grace is the gift received from God, through, OUR faith.

Some, such as Calvinists would interpret that, "Faith" is the gift being spoken of. Whereas, "Grace" is the gift of God being spoken of.
Grace, faith, conversion, election, justification, glorification...all of God, and I am utterly and humbly grateful.

Eagles Wings

Nothing I wrote violates what you and I both believe re salvation except s faith for saving oneself TO Jesus Christ is as I stated it. There is no scripture that will come against that understanding. Eph 2:8,9 is no exception. There are no two gifts of God for one's salvation. Salvation is the only gift. I gave understanding you are not mentioning. If you are old enough, then this argument is "old hat" to you.
I don't know you well enough to know if we agree on salvation doctrine, so we are flushing it out, CR.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

Every aspect of God's salvation is a gift. Not of works of any kind.

marhig

I was just reading (a little earlier) a response about that verse on another site, and I thought the same thing as you, someone there was saying that the faith is the gift. But it came to me that it's the grace that's the gift, if we have faith in God. You've just confirmed my thoughts [emoji4]

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I was just reading (a little earlier) a response about that verse on another site, and I thought the same thing as you, someone there was saying that the faith is the gift. But it came to me that it's the grace that's the gift, if we have faith in God. You've just confirmed my thoughts [emoji4]

You're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.