Government Shutdown Negotiations Tactics

TrakeM

There has been some talk about the possibility of using the threat of another government shutdown to defund planned parenthood. Personally, I don't feel terribly strongly about planned parenthood or abortion. However, I feel VERY strongly on the issue of using a government shutdown as a means of governance or negotiations. Frankly, if your idea of governing is threatening the full faith and credit of the United States of America to get legislation passed, I don't think you know how to govern and such attempts must have heavy negative consequences. After all, if threatening the full faith and credit of the United States of America means you get everything you want, why do anything else?

To be clear, this thread isn't about whether abortion or planned parenthood is good or bad. It's about whether using a government shutdown and risking our credit rating is an acceptable means of governing and negotiating. Is using a government shutdown an acceptable means of governing?

Christian Liberty

If you don't understand how abortion is, obviously this is going to affect your view on this.

If we replaced abortion with "Jewish concentration camps" you wouldn't be saying this.