Good Evening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur Brain

Or a good whatever time it is in your neck of the woods. I've been a lurker for a while and I finally decided to join the fun as it seems a somewhat "lively" place :)

I won't bore everyone with a lenghty introduction. I believe in God and I don't follow any 'religion'. If that is a tad vague and anyone has enough spare time or the lack of a meaningful existence to want to know what I mean by that then by all means enquire.

Besides from that I like a good honest debate with a healthy side order of brevity for dessert.

I look forward to seeing you on the threads!

Spitfire

Get ready to be told by a lot of Christians that they're not "religious" either.

Often, the same ones who say atheism is a religion.

Maybe you've already noticed.

Arthur Brain

Get ready to be told by a lot of Christians that they're not "religious" either.

Often, the same ones who say atheism is a religion.

Maybe you've already noticed.

Which is probably fair comment, although to describe atheism as a 'religion' makes little sense on the face of it.

Arthur Brain

Do you believe Jesus is God?

Ah. One of the more seemingly contentious aspects of the faith. Some think that Jesus is God, others the son of God. For what it's worth I would find it more logical to presume that Jesus is the son of God after asking why He had been forsaken on the cross. However I wouldn't class either view as necassarily being wrong or right in itself.

bybee

sittin' on the fence...

sittin' on the fence...

Ah. One of the more seemingly contentious aspects of the faith. Some think that Jesus is God, others the son of God. For what it's worth I would find it more logical to presume that Jesus is the son of God after asking why He had been forsaken on the cross. However I wouldn't class either view as necassarily being wrong or right in itself.

Spoken like a true "Mugwump"! bybee

Status
Not open for further replies.