God's commands in Jesus and the coming of the new covenant.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What exactly are you saying? What does this have to do with what I said?

By the way, what is it you are saying about Ishmael?

You were responding to a post that was not addressed to you. That is okay, but I clarified my answer according to your observation.

Here are some verses relevant to the topic.

Genesis 17:20 NASB - 20 "As for Ishmael, I have heard you; behold, I will bless him, and will make him fruitful and will multiply him exceedingly. He shall become the father of twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation.

Romans 4:1 NASB - 1 What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, has found?

Galatians 4:23 NASB - 23 But the son by the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and the son by the free woman through the promise.

Galatians 4:28 NASB - 28 And you brethren, like Isaac, are children of promise.

See, "according to the flesh".

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Again, you got those things from listening to 'rabbis'. Jesus says not to call anyone 'rabbi', yet you go to those who call themselves 'rabbi' against Jesus' teachings.

I have sat under three Rabbis and I don't remember if any of them mentioned this. I am presenting to you what the scriptures say with the hope that you will accept what the scriptures say.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Anyone could have converted to Judaism.

Paul did not keep the old law, except not to break the rules and regulations to go into the temple. He went to the temple to speak about Jesus to the Jews there.

He spoke against circumcision and the observance of special days, and he spoke against the dietary laws. Paul also ate with Gentiles, which was against the law.

There was nothing to the false accusations against Paul.

Acts 21:24 NASB - 24 take them and purify yourself along with them, and pay their expenses so that they may shave their heads; and all will know that there is nothing to the things which they have been told about you, but that you yourself also walk orderly, keeping the Law.

God's Truth

There was nothing to the false accusations against Paul.

Acts 21:24 NASB - 24 take them and purify yourself along with them, and pay their expenses so that they may shave their heads; and all will know that there is nothing to the things which they have been told about you, but that you yourself also walk orderly, keeping the Law.

You are going to have to come to the terms as to why the Apostles were killed by the Jews.

If the Apostles followed and enforced the old law, then they would not have been killed.

God's Truth

I have sat under three Rabbis and I don't remember if any of them mentioned this. I am presenting to you what the scriptures say with the hope that you will accept what the scriptures say.

It is a teaching of the 'rabbis'. You say you went against Jesus and sat under those who call themselves 'rabbi'. Jesus says not to call yourself 'rabbi'. So why do you go to those that do not obey?

God's Truth

You were responding to a post that was not addressed to you. That is okay, but I clarified my answer according to your observation.

Here are some verses relevant to the topic.

Genesis 17:20 NASB - 20 "As for Ishmael, I have heard you; behold, I will bless him, and will make him fruitful and will multiply him exceedingly. He shall become the father of twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation.

Romans 4:1 NASB - 1 What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, has found?

Galatians 4:23 NASB - 23 But the son by the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and the son by the free woman through the promise.

Galatians 4:28 NASB - 28 And you brethren, like Isaac, are children of promise.

See, "according to the flesh".

You are right, it does not matter to whom you addressed your post.

Now as for Ishmael, why did you bring him up?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are going to have to come to the terms as to why the Apostles were killed by the Jews.

If the Apostles followed and enforced the old law, then they would not have been killed.

Your understanding is wrong. They were killed because they loved God and others as God wanted them to, even unto death, as Yeshua did for your salvation.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It is a teaching of the 'rabbis'. You say you went against Jesus and sat under those who call themselves 'rabbi'. Jesus says not to call yourself 'rabbi'. So why do you go to those that do not obey?

I don't understand what you are saying completely, but there are teachers in the church.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That does not make sense.

Not everyone is of Israel. But we are all from Adam even unto Noah (and his sons), and those who have faith are of Abraham spiritually rather than according to the flesh, unless they are of Abraham according to the flesh as well. Those who are descended from Israel (the person) are Israel (the nation), though not all Israel is Israel (not all of Israel is of faith). So (those of) Israel is (and are) God's chosen people.

The early church was entirely Jewish until there were Gentiles among them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are right, it does not matter to whom you addressed your post.

Now as for Ishmael, why did you bring him up?

Because of God's promise, while I can say Isaac who was born afterward but of Sarah is called the son or child of promise. Abraham and Sarah decided upon something different from what God had promised. This is how Ishmael was born of Hagar. Genesis 17:20 NASB contains the promise I was speaking of.

God's Truth

Your understanding is wrong. They were killed because they loved God and others as God wanted them to, even unto death, as Yeshua did for your salvation.

So then, you do not know why Jesus and the Apostles were killed. Instead of admitting you do not know, you go on as if you know.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

You are incorrect. They were killed for obeying Jesus.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You do not call those teachers 'Teacher' do you, or 'father', or 'rabbi'?

Do you call a teacher your teacher? Do you give double honor to your elders, those who labor in the word?

1 Timothy 5:17 NASB - 17 The elders who rule well are to be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who work hard at preaching and teaching.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So then, you do not know why Jesus and the Apostles were killed. Instead of admitting you do not know, you go on as if you know.

Over ten years ago I made a statement about why they were killed, very similar to what I just shared with you. They went to their deaths preaching and proclaiming the word of God, the gospel (of salvation in Jesus Christ).