God is opposed to homosexuality.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Homosexuality is wrong. I see a need to say this. May those who are involved in homosexuality repent and be saved.

Leviticus 18:22 NLT - "Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin.

Leviticus 20:13 NLT - "If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 NLT - 9 Don't you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, 10 or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people--none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. 11 Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

1 Timothy 1:5 NLT - 5 The purpose of my instruction is that all believers would be filled with love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and genuine faith.

1 Timothy 1:8-11 NLT - 8 We know that the law is good when used correctly. 9 For the law was not intended for people who do what is right. It is for people who are lawless and rebellious, who are ungodly and sinful, who consider nothing sacred and defile what is holy, who kill their father or mother or commit other murders. 10 The law is for people who are sexually immoral, or who practice homosexuality, or are slave traders, liars, promise breakers, or who do anything else that contradicts the wholesome teaching 11 that comes from the glorious Good News entrusted to me by our blessed God.

Prizebeatz1

IMO such a stance reflects the personality's tendency to bite of the forbidden fruit of judgment which is the downfall of mankind. God is one with unconditional love, infinite compassion and eternal benevolence. What does the harsh attitude of judgment have to do with that? Perhaps the authors of the Bible were not aware of the purity of God's qualities. Maybe part of our journey is to learn to reflect that same purity. I also don't think God is opposed to anything because she has no opposite. She is undivided, unified, and unbreakable oneness (yes I said she just for giggles....God has no gender).

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
IMO such a stance reflects the personality's tendency to bite of the forbidden fruit of judgment which is the downfall of mankind. God is one with unconditional love, infinite compassion and eternal benevolence. What does the harsh attitude of judgment have to do with that? Perhaps the authors of the Bible were not aware of the purity of God's qualities. Maybe part of our journey is to learn to reflect that same purity. I also don't think God is opposed to anything because she has no opposite. She is undivided, unified, and unbreakable oneness (yes I said she just for giggles....God has no gender).

Here are some scriptures to help you. Don't practice the same things. God may work with you something different for your sins than for anyone else.

Romans 2:1-16 NASB - 1 Therefore you have no excuse, everyone of you who passes judgment, for in that which you judge another, you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things. 2 And we know that the judgment of God rightly falls upon those who practice such things. 3 But do you suppose this, O man, when you pass judgment on those who practice such things and do the same yourself, that you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who WILL RENDER TO EACH PERSON ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS: 7 to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life; 8 but to those who are selfishly ambitious and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, wrath and indignation. 9 There will be tribulation and distress for every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek, 10 but glory and honor and peace to everyone who does good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with God. 12 For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law; 13 for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified. 14 For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, 15 in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, 16 on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.

Prizebeatz1

Here are some scriptures to help you. Don't practice the same things. God may work with you something different for your sins than for anyone else.

Romans 2:1-16 NASB - 1 Therefore you have no excuse, everyone of you who passes judgment, for in that which you judge another, you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things. 2 And we know that the judgment of God rightly falls upon those who practice such things. 3 But do you suppose this, O man, when you pass judgment on those who practice such things and do the same yourself, that you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who WILL RENDER TO EACH PERSON ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS: 7 to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life; 8 but to those who are selfishly ambitious and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, wrath and indignation. 9 There will be tribulation and distress for every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek, 10 but glory and honor and peace to everyone who does good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with God. 12 For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law; 13 for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified. 14 For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, 15 in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, 16 on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.

The Bible is man-made. Underneath our dependence on scripture is the fact that we are dependent on being dependent. God is one with infinite, eternal and unconditional liberation.

csuguy

People often have trouble reconciling love and justice when it comes to God. They tend to go to one extreme or the other - either becoming extremely judgmental of anything and everything, or else viewing any justice/judgment as somehow wrong and not with God's love.

Both perspectives fall short due to a lack of understanding of love and justice - namely that Justice is a form of love. It is not the ideal, but is necessary and good. For example - what if someone goes around and steals from their neighbors constantly. They are confronted, but they do not repent - they merely continue doing it. You can say "I forgive you" - but what good does it do? They never repented and so your forgiving them means nothing to them; they will continue doing what they've done, and know that you won't stop them. And this need not be stealing - this could be raping, murdering, adultery, etc. Forgiveness does no good for people when they refuse to acknowledge the sinfulness of their actions.

What then is to be done? Do you allow them to continue harming others? If so, then where is your love for those people being harmed? Are you loving them? No - you have abandoned them. This isn't what God wants, this isn't righteous behavior. Rather, individually and as a society it is our responsibility to put a stop to their misdeeds, stop them from harming others, and hold them accountable for the damage they have inflicted. Their punishment may even be fatal if their deeds have been bad enough.

But I stress that this is a last recourse; it is not ideal. If we know anything it is that God does not desire that we should perish in our sins, but rather that we should turn from our sins, be reconciled back to him, and be saved. In the same way, we should first seek reconciliation with our fellowman - seeking to mend relations with one another. Even when Justice is employed this should hold true - seeking not to exile a criminal, but to rehabilitate them and restore them back to society as fellow citizens. In such a case, Justice is a form of discipline - which we know is itself a form of love.

Unfortunately, the ideal is not always achievable; and so the lesser but still good and righteous approach of Justice is employed.

What would be evil, and not at all in line with God's love, is to let all those who go around harming others for their own pleasure and profit be let off the hook though they never so much as batted an eye at the horrible things they have done to God's children.

Prizebeatz1

People often have trouble reconciling love and justice when it comes to God. They tend to go to one extreme or the other - either becoming extremely judgmental of anything and everything, or else viewing any justice/judgment as somehow wrong and not with God's love.

Both perspectives fall short due to a lack of understanding of love and justice - namely that Justice is a form of love. It is not the ideal, but is necessary and good. For example - what if someone goes around and steals from their neighbors constantly. They are confronted, but they do not repent - they merely continue doing it. You can say "I forgive you" - but what good does it do? They never repented and so your forgiving them means nothing to them; they will continue doing what they've done, and know that you won't stop them. And this need not be stealing - this could be raping, murdering, adultery, etc. Forgiveness does no good for people when they refuse to acknowledge the sinfulness of their actions.

What then is to be done? Do you allow them to continue harming others? If so, then where is your love for those people being harmed? Are you loving them? No - you have abandoned them. This isn't what God wants, this isn't righteous behavior. Rather, individually and as a society it is our responsibility to put a stop to their misdeeds, stop them from harming others, and hold them accountable for the damage they have inflicted. Their punishment may even be fatal if their deeds have been bad enough.

But I stress that this is a last recourse; it is not ideal. If we know anything it is that God does not desire that we should perish in our sins, but rather that we should turn from our sins, be reconciled back to him, and be saved. In the same way, we should first seek reconciliation with our fellowman - seeking to mend relations with one another. Even when Justice is employed this should hold true - seeking not to exile a criminal, but to rehabilitate them and restore them back to society as fellow citizens. In such a case, Justice is a form of discipline - which we know is itself a form of love.

Unfortunately, the ideal is not always achievable; and so the lesser but still good and righteous approach of Justice is employed.

What would be evil, and not at all in line with God's love, is to let all those who go around harming others for their own pleasure and profit be let off the hook though they never so much as batted an eye at the horrible things they have done to God's children.

Great post. I agree. I think the personality's ideals of love and justice fall short of the true unconditional versions found in God, however. The qualities are of such a purity that there is no comparison. Perhaps perfect justice would be the absence of judgment altogether which is not very practical. We do have to do the best we can with what we know and have in the meantime but I think it's important and helpful to distinguish between love and justice coming from the personality and love and justice coming from God.

Bradley D

The Bible is man-made. Underneath our dependence on scripture is the fact that we are dependent on being dependent. God is one with infinite, eternal and unconditional liberation.

Either one believes that scripture is God given or they do not. I do.

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" (2 Timothy 3:16)

6days

Homosexuals are afflicted with a disorder that is not their fault. They see in someone from their own sex, a potential spouse, which is as disordered as having six toes.
Perhaps.
If so, same sex attraction is not sin. However lust is a sin, as is homosexual behaviour.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Homosexuals are afflicted with a disorder that is not their fault. They see in someone from their own sex, a potential spouse, which is as disordered as having six toes.

Some say the same about psychopaths and pedophiles.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

The men who wrote or penned the words of the Bible were inspired by God. That is how we can call the Bible God's word.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
2 Timothy 3:16-17 NASB - 16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 NLT - 16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. 17 God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Homosexuality is a sin that needs to be repented of, like all sins.

Prizebeatz1

Either one believes that scripture is God given or they do not. I do.

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" (2 Timothy 3:16)

It is inspired by God but it's clearly man-made. That's not to say anything negative or bad it just means the Bible is not the be all, end all. In fact it is just the beginning. The enemy makes it seem the Bible is the only divinely inspired text in the entire history of mankind. I think that's naive. Then we are so dependent on it that we don't realize it unconsciously controls us. It's the same principle with the Sabbath is made for man and not man for the Sabbath.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Prizebeatz1

God is opposed to homosexuality.

The men who wrote or penned the words of the Bible were inspired by God. That is how we can call the Bible God's word.

Yes but there is a difference between being inspired by God and being God's Word. Did not a council of men come together in the 4th century to decide which books would be in it and which would not? How do we know those decisions were coming from God and not men? I'm not trying to bash the Bible but in my experience God speaks to each of us through the heart and if we are not listening to the infinite silence and stillness then how can we discern what comes from the personality and what comes from God? Also why would the Bible be the only inspired book in history? And then we must consider there are multiple interpretations. Depending on the Bible is part of the way the personality unconsciously avoids its core of worthless emptiness. I'd like to suggest that facing this emptiness is the beginning to awakening to the infinite eternal part of us and this is what the Bible points to.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Last edited: