God is Male and Female

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
Genesis 1:27New International Version (NIV)

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

There it is, page 1 of the bible. How then can it be considered blaspheme by TOL to say God is female too?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

There it is, page 1 of the bible. How then can it be considered blaspheme by TOL to say God is female too?

God is neither male nor female. Mary was impregnated by the holy Spirit, not by sex.

Humans were created male and female for the purpose of biological reproduction.

God uses spiritual reproduction, not biological reproduction.

The Father and the Son are referred to as male because they can impart spiritual life to those born of woman.

beloved57

Thats a picture of Christ and the Church.

God's Truth

God is called the Father. I believe what God says and will not add to it. God does not say He is also a She. God made Adam from dust and then took from Adam to make a suitable helper.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
God is neither male nor female. Mary was impregnated by the holy Spirit, not by sex.

The Father and the Son are referred to as male because they can impart spiritual life to those born of woman.

On Earth as in Heaven.

A major challenge on Earth is the animosity between the sexes which is mainly due to lack of understanding for the other sex. We have much to learn.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned

Thinking of God as male and female helps your understanding of your relationship to God. As you are a child of God, God is your Mummy and Daddy.

Lon

Because female comes 'out of' male (and "out of" God). Read the biblical definition of Fe-male or wo-man Genesis 2:23 and I think you'll get this (or should).
God isn't a 'man' either Numbers 23:19. "He" is rather the masculine and so God gets the primary pronouns. We all know He isn't a man, but we give Him the masculine pronouns lacking any other in our language and also showing that we also are 'from/ out of' Him "Male, female He created Him, male, female, He created them."

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
Because female comes 'out of' male (and "out of" God). Read the biblical definition of Fe-male or wo-man Genesis 2:23 and I think you'll get this (or should).
God isn't a 'man' either Numbers 23:19. "He" is rather the masculine and so God gets the primary pronouns. We all know He isn't a man, but we give Him the masculine pronouns lacking any other in our language and also showing that we also are 'from/ out of' Him "Male, female He created Him, male, female, He created them."

We could use the words masculine and feminine instead. We are very different but equal, your interpretation subjugates the feminine.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Didn't you read the first post, how much more scriptural can it get?

The Father is a Spirit person, he wasn't born and there is no scriptural basis for assuming he has DNA.

If he wasn't born there is no scriptural basis for believing he has parents.

Claiming the Father is intersexed is just wrong and disrespectful.

Why don’t you just go for broke and claim God is transgender? Between the Sabbath cults, Hebrew roots and what now seems to be like PBS show threads that try to philosophize faith and God into an encyclopedia entry by some politically correct, Harvard anthropology professor, that specializes in denying gender identity and other things liberal hip, TOL is becoming Trash On Line. Threads involving true theology, or even of any nexus with known reality, in the universe or DC Comics, for that matter, are becoming hard to find.

Lon

We could use the words masculine and feminine instead. We are very different but equal, your interpretation subjugates the feminine.
:nono: Lest you feminize, I subjugate the whole human race. The biblical directives are there for a reason. I won't be correcting God today. I will be learning from God today. I will follow wherever He leads, not according to my objections or feelings. -Lon

john w

Hall of Fame

People often refer to the scriptures as the word of God. It's not as though they believe God got a pen and started writing but that the writing was inspired by God. Inspired maybe but certainly not dictated and double checked by God!If your faith is in the book you will be disappointed. But if your faith is in God, that God is all loving, that God has everything in hand; then you will be rewarded instantly…………….As for the Bible; I believe God has ensured that enough Truth remains to corroborate the Truth available directly from God through feelings….I say this to all those relying on scripture; if you knew more about yourselves you would understand how it is possible to receive information without words………………Ok so God had used scripture for that purpose and likely many others. God is omnipotent and uses multiple methods to bring people to the Truth.Like Our logic and Our conscience.Like Our own lives, the results of decisions we made.Noticing the effect our belief system has on our lives.

Through my feelings,without words, through my logic, through my connscience, through my life, through the results of decisions, through having faith in God, who tapped me on the shoulder, and told me He is a male.... I have thus proven that God is a male.

QED.

EOT. RIP. CLOSED. DOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.