God is Jesus vs. Jesus is God

Status
Not open for further replies.

2003cobra

Why would the Father be lower than the angels?

What are you referring to, Jamie?

If it is Psalm 8, as I expect, that verse is about man in general, and the best manuscripts say a little lower than Elohim (God)

See:
KJ21 For Thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honor.
ASV For thou hast made him but little lower than God, And crownest him with glory and honor.
AMP Yet You have made him a little lower than God, And You have crowned him with glory and honor.
AMPC Yet You have made him but a little lower than God [or heavenly beings], and You have crowned him with glory and honor.
BRG For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
CSB You made him little less than God and crowned him with glory and honor.
CEB You’ve made them only slightly less than divine, crowning them with glory and grandeur.
CJB what are mere mortals, that you concern yourself with them; humans, that you watch over them with such care?
CEV You made us a little lower than you yourself, and you have crowned us with glory and honor.
DARBY Thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and splendour.
DRA What is man that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man that thou visitest him?
ERV But you made them almost like gods and crowned them with glory and honor.
EHV Nevertheless, you make him suffer need, apart from God for a while, but you crown him with glory and honor.
ESV Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor.
ESVUK Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honour.
EXB You made them a little lower than ·the angels [or God] and crowned them with glory and honor [Gen. 1:26–27].
GNV For thou hast made him a little lower than God, and crowned him with glory and worship.
GW You have made him a little lower than yourself. You have crowned him with glory and honor.
GNT Yet you made them inferior only to yourself; you crowned them with glory and honor.
HCSB You made him little less than God and crowned him with glory and honor.
ICB You made man a little lower than the angels. And you crowned him with glory and honor.
ISV You made him a little less than divine, but you crowned him with glory and honor.
JUB For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels and hast crowned him with glory and beauty.
KJV For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
AKJV For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
LEB And you made him a little lower than heavenly beings, and with glory and with majesty you crowned him.
TLB And yet you have made him only a little lower than the angels and placed a crown of glory and honor upon his head.
MSG Yet we’ve so narrowly missed being gods, bright with Eden’s dawn light. You put us in charge of your handcrafted world, repeated to us your Genesis-charge, Made us lords of sheep and cattle, even animals out in the wild, Birds flying and fish swimming, whales singing in the ocean deeps.
MEV For You have made him a little lower than the angels, and crowned him with glory and honor.
NOG You have made him a little lower than yourself. You have crowned him with glory and honor.
NABRE What is man that you are mindful of him, and a son of man that you care for him?
NASB Yet You have made him a little lower than God, And You crown him with glory and majesty!
NCV You made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor.
NET and make them a little less than the heavenly beings? You grant mankind honor and majesty;
NIRV You have made them a little lower than the angels. You placed on them a crown of glory and honor.
NIV You have made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor.
NIVUK You have made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honour.
NKJV For You have made him a little lower than the angels, And You have crowned him with glory and honor.
NLV You made him a little less than the angels and gave him a crown of greatness and honor.
NLT Yet you made them only a little lower than God and crowned them with glory and honor.
NRSV Yet you have made them a little lower than God, and crowned them with glory and honor.
NRSVA Yet you have made them a little lower than God, and crowned them with glory and honour.
NRSVACE Yet you have made them a little lower than God, and crowned them with glory and honour.
NRSVCE Yet you have made them a little lower than God, and crowned them with glory and honor.
OJB For Thou hast made him a little lower than elohim [or Elohim, Gn 1:27], and hast crowned him with kavod and hadar.
TPT Yet what honor you have given to men, created only a little lower than Elohim, crowned like kings and queens with glory and magnificence.
RSV Yet thou hast made him little less than God, and dost crown him with glory and honor.
RSVCE Yet thou hast made him little less than God, and dost crown him with glory and honor.
TLV what is man, that You are mindful of him? And the son of man, that You care for him?
VOICE But You placed the son of man just beneath God and honored him like royalty, crowning him with glory and honor.
WEB For you have made him a little lower than God, and crowned him with glory and honor.
WYC Thou hast made him a little less than (the) angels; (but) thou hast crowned him with glory and honour,
YLT And causest him to lack a little of Godhead, And with honour and majesty compassest him.

God's Truth

Jesus is not the Father. Jesus is the Son of the Father. You have no scripture to say differently.

Matthew 3:17
King James Version (KJV)

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Is it true or is it false.

Humans are flesh and have a spirit that gives life to their body. We are our spirit. Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of His Father.

God the Father came as a man in the flesh.

God's Truth

Why would the Father be lower than the angels?

There are three. God the Father is Spirit and invisible and lives in unapproachable light; He also came as a Son in the flesh; and, His Spirit goes forth without limit, and even is Him and lives n the saved.

2003cobra

I'm referring to Jesus.

"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels..." (Hebrews 2:9)

Thanks for clarifying.

I think your point is that it is difficult to consider that God the Father could ever be made a little lower than the angels. I agree. This is why “God is Jesus” struck me wrong.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Anyone else have discomfort with the statement “God is Jesus.”
Yes. Because I would always expect that the conversation from that point would have to go into the Trinity teaching, so I'd be more comfortable being upfront about that, instead of have it look like I tried to trick someone. "Jesus is God, and the Son is Jesus, and the Father is God, and the Holy Spirit is God." I'd get :AMR: back looking at me, but that would be more comfortable to say than "God is Jesus," without qualification.

2003cobra

Jesus is not the Father. Jesus is the Son of the Father. You have no scripture to say differently.

Matthew 3:17
King James Version (KJV)

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Is it true or is it false.

Are you equally comfortable with the two sentences below:
1) Jesus is God
2) God is Jesus
?

2003cobra

One Spirit revealed as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

You can use the word three 'titles' if you would like.

You are three are you not? Are you a human, a father, and a son? Would you like to say three 'titles'?

The one entity known the three titles “human,” “father,” and “son” is certainly one.

But there is a flaw in the analogy, I think.

The human knows everything the father knows, and the son knows everything the father and human know.

Yet Jesus said there was something He did not know that the Father did know.

And the human is not greater than the father who is not greater than the son, yet Jesus said the Father was greater than He.

Are you equally comfortable with the two sentences below:
1) Jesus is God
2) God is Jesus
?

2003cobra

Yes. Because I would always expect that the conversation from that point would have to go into the Trinity teaching, so I'd be more comfortable being upfront about that, instead of have it look like I tried to trick someone. "Jesus is God, and the Son is Jesus, and the Father is God, and the Holy Spirit is God." I'd get :AMR: back looking at me, but that would be more comfortable to say than "God is Jesus," without qualification.
Thanks.

I think my source of discomfort with “God is Jesus”is that the name God may be, for lack of better terms, “more inclusive” or “broader” than the name Jesus.

Could we say that Jesus is the mirror in which we see the Father?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
One person who is God is the Father.
Another person who is currently God is the Son.
The holy Spirit is God the Father and God the Son.

The Father and Son are united in spirit and purpose as a holy Spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.