God in relation to time

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I respect you ALOT Tam,, and dont want to bump heads with you cause I know you are far superior on Theology then Me,, but on this point about time,, I feel. Is right.

Anything to avoid simple truths.

If you believe in time, then answer this question:

Did God exist before he created the world?

Yes or no?

Don't beat around the bush.

EDIT: I've just seen that Tambora asked you exactly the same thing and your answer was:

what happens outside of the physical universe... happens in a way. what we cannot understand.
Well I can understand it. And Tambora can understand it. And so can many others. Your problem is not that you cannot understand it. Your problem is that your beliefs are illogical - and it is obvious that they are, inasmuch as you need to go down this route of 'we cannot understand' as if it condones or somehow negates that illogicality. You admit that things 'happen outside the physical universe' but some kind of false assumption that you have a vested interest in prevents you from acknowledging that anything that 'happens' is an event which can be preceded or followed by other events that also happen.

JosephR

Anything to avoid simple truths.

If you believe in time, then answer this question:

Did God exist before he created the world?

Yes or no?

Don't beat around the bush.

oh you want to say ,,before,,means time is absolute,,u make a trap,,and i fell?? no no.. lets really talk about it then

what is time?

how do we measure it?

can time ,,,run out??

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
oh you want to say ,,before,,means time is absolute,,u make a trap,,and i fell?? no no.. lets really talk about it then

what is time?

how do we measure it?

can time ,,,run out??

I already answered that. It isn't something out there that can be measured. It's just a term we use to describe the idea that we experience life in sequence.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
can time ,,,run out??
Since time is a title we use for the concept of separating one event from another, then as long as there is something going on, there is time.

What do you think "time" is?

JosephR

I already answered that. It isn't something out there that can be measured. It's just a term we use to describe the idea that we experience life in sequence.

its true it cannot be measured.. but we know the cause,,it is the vibration of atoms.. it is e=mc2.... the measuring stick we use against all matter in physics.. .

without the vibration of matter or atoms,,time cannot happen,,do we agree on this?

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
its true it cannot be measured.. but we know the cause,,it is the vibration of atoms.. it is e=mc2.... the measuring stick we use against all matter in physics.. .

without the vibration of matter or atoms,,time cannot happen,,do we agree on this?

I refer you to my previous posts.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
God can change the past.

Does not compute. The past is fixed in memory and unchangeable. The future is anticipatory, not yet, not fixed. The present alone is real/actual (presentism/A theory of time vs eternalism/B theory of time).

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Does not compute. The past is fixed in memory and unchangeable. The future is anticipatory, not yet, not fixed. The present alone is real/actual (presentism/A theory of time vs eternalism/B theory of time).
The past is a noun.

God is subject to no noun. Else, that noun is God. By definition.

God can change the past.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Time travel is sci-fi, not fact. It is impossible, even for God (time is unidirectional).

JosephR

Time travel is sci-fi, not fact. It is impossible, even for God (time is unidirectional).

ALL.. and I do mean ALL,,every thing your simple HUMAN mind can come up with and beyond,is possible with God..

Jesus Said... I tell you things of the Earth and ye do not believe me,How can I ell ye things about Heaven.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Paraphrase, I assume.

Saying this does not make incoherence coherent. Square circles, married bachelors, 2+2=4 and 5, etc. are not possible for God or us just because His ways/thoughts are higher/not ours (a context of redemption, not logic).

PureX

Time is a function of movement through space. If it's true that space can be folded back on itself, and shortcuts like worm holes can occur between the folds, then time on one side of the worm hole will be different than time on the other. Theoretically, a if human could pass through the worm hole, he would be leaving one time, and entering another. His timeline would be continuous, but the time-space he left and the time-space he entered would be different time-space.

"God", being defined as both eternal and omnipresent, would already exist in all places at all times. So God would not be bound by time, space, nor movement.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is clear throughout scripture that God is eternal, that He was not created and will never end. So my question doesn't relate to that, but if He experiences time sequentially like we do, or does He experience all of time all at once because He created time and is above it?

Begging the question is a logical fallacy. :)