Girls just want to have fun, with other girls? YUCK!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
red77 said:
I reckon Cyndi would prob have been just as bemused as I am to think that her remarks would somehow infer that she could have been advocating paedophilia somewhere along the line...
We know she's not. But she shouldn't make a generalizartion like that, to make her point, because it is invalid in light of the fact that straight and queer are not the only sexual "orientations" to exist.

red77

Lighthouse said:
We know she's not. But she shouldn't make a generalizartion like that, to make her point, because it is invalid in light of the fact that straight and queer are not the only sexual "orientations" to exist.

Well, i think given the context of her remarks it was pretty clear that she wasnt condoning paedophilia/undreage sex/bestiality or whatnot, she was clearly talking about gay rights as far as I could ascertain going by the article, if she could have rephrased it better then I guess she prob would, maybe she should take a leaf out of Ann Coulter's book..... ;)

Punisher1984

Knight said:
I notice you avoided polygamy and incest.

Where do you draw the line and why?

I see no reason to oppose either polygamy or incest:

1. Polygamy was perhaps the first form of marraige ever concieved of (before that, our ancesters were likely promiscuous like autralpithicenes we descended from), so I don't why you're so uptight about it. Besides, didn't a number of your biblical "heros" engage in polygamy as well and were still considered "righteous?"

While I myself wouldn't be a polygamist, I see no reason to stop others from doing so.

2. While I admit that what we call "incest" is certainly taboo in our culture, it's considered normal in others. While I find it awkward, others are quite comfortable with the idea and I no reason why they should be denied.

And before you start with the "it's an abomination" speech, remember this: if your Book of Genesis is indeed literally true (I see no reason to believe that, but I'll assume for argument's sake), all of mankind is the product of an incestuous relationship. The mates for Adam's sons could only come from their sisters, thus making all mankind a bunch of inbred hicks.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Punisher1984 said:
2. While I admit that what we call "incest" is certainly taboo in our culture, it's considered normal in others. While I find it awkward, others are quite comfortable with the idea and I no reason why they should be denied.

And before you start with the "it's an abomination" speech, remember this: if your Book of Genesis is indeed literally true (I see no reason to believe that, but I'll assume for argument's sake), all of mankind is the product of an incestuous relationship. The mates for Adam's sons could only come from their sisters, thus making all mankind a bunch of inbred hicks.
You do realize that continuous inbreeding, especially if kept close, eventually leads to impotence and multiple birth defects including, but not limited to, mental retardation and what is mistakenly called mental illness, don't you?

And before you leap to conclusions, I don't think all instances of either, or other birth defects, are the results of inbreeding.

fool

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
I would have thought the harem concept would have gained popular acceptance way before two dudes could get married.

A man can service ten wives, what does a guy need a husband for?

Punisher1984

Lighthouse said:
You do realize that continuous inbreeding, especially if kept close, eventually leads to impotence and multiple birth defects including, but not limited to, mental retardation and what is mistakenly called mental illness, don't you?

And before you leap to conclusions, I don't think all instances of either, or other birth defects, are the results of inbreeding.

Actually, that's a myth. Inbreeding doesn't create genetic problems, but it can pass on existing ones and amplify their effects over time (some examples of this are the polydactyl mutation seen in the Amish community and the hemophilia of the royal families of Europe).

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
fool said:
I would have thought the harem concept would have gained popular acceptance way before two dudes could get married.

A man can service ten wives, what does a guy need a husband for?
To double his wardrobe?