Genesis. Before Moses. Or did Moses write Genesis?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Sheni, 10-14. It is Yom, Day. The Jewish Calendar Day ends with and at sundown.

What do you know about The Book of Genesis? Did Moses write The Book of Genesis? Was it written before Moses? The events of Genesis are before Moses' time.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
God's name Yahveh appears in Genesis. God's name Yahveh was first revealed to Moses. This is what I understand. Are there any objections to this that you have?

Shalom.

Jacob

daqq

God's name Yahveh appears in Genesis. God's name Yahveh was first revealed to Moses. This is what I understand. Are there any objections to this that you have?

Shalom.

Jacob

Yeah, my objection is that the Name is not properly separated in the Masoretic text in many places. This can be seen in how those who rendered the Septuagint were reading the Hebrew text in their day: for in their day the Hebrew text was not separated but written in "scriptura continua" much like the Koine Greek Uncial texts. The waw-vav was not only used in the construction of words and as a particle but also was used as a word separator. When the Masoretes separated the text they switched over to the sofits or final form letters, (thus eliminating the need for a word separator in many places), but when it came to the earliest portion of the Torah, such as Genesis, they did not follow the Septuagint way of reading the Hebrew text: how therefore do you know they properly separated the text?

You must realize that this has been separated for you in the Masoretic Text: יהוהאלהים

Possibilities:
1) יהוה אלהים
2) יה והאלהים
3) יה ו האלהים

1) YHWH Elohim (יהוה אלהים)
2) Yah and the Elohim (יה והאלהים)
3) Yah the Elohim (יה ו האלהים)

All things were created through Yah Elohim, (who is ever in the bosom of the Father).

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yeah, my objection is that the Name is not properly separated in the Masoretic text in many places. This can be seen in how those who rendered the Septuagint were reading the Hebrew text in their day: for in their day the Hebrew text was not separated but written in "scriptura continua" much like the Koine Greek Uncial texts. The waw-vav was not only used in the construction of words and as a particle but also was used as a word separator. When the Masoretes separated the text they switched over to the sofits or final form letters, (thus eliminating the need for a word separator in many places), but when it came to the earliest portion of the Torah, such as Genesis, they did not follow the Septuagint way of reading the Hebrew text: how therefore do you know they properly separated the text?

You must realize that this has been separated for you in the Masoretic Text: יהוהאלהים

Possibilities:
1) יהוה אלהים
2) יה והאלהים
3) יה ו האלהים

1) YHWH Elohim (יהוה אלהים)
2) Yah and the Elohim (יה והאלהים)
3) Yah the Elohim (יה ו האלהים)

All things were created through Yah Elohim, (who is ever in the bosom of the Father).

Shalom.

I am sorry but you are incorrect. God's name is Yahveh.

Yahveh Eloheinu means Yahveh our God.

Shalom.

Jacob

daqq

Shalom.

I am sorry but you are incorrect. God's name is Yahveh.

Yahveh Eloheinu means Yahveh our God.

Shalom.

Jacob

I am sorry but you are disrespectfully adding Masorete-pointed vowel sounds and a Germanic-Yiddish "V" sound to the Name of the Father even after you have been shown elsewhere that what you are doing is error. You are teaching blasphemy while imagining in the machinations of your vain imagination that you are studying to become a Rabbi and can also become the President of the United States of America one day. Happy New Year, Mr. Rabbi President. :doh:

Wick Stick

Moses is the author of the Book of Genesis. Jesus referred to Moses as the author. Moses quite likely used history that had been recorded by Adam or others.
Wouldn't that make him the editor, rather than the author?

I find it unlikely that Moses authored any of Genesis. The Torah are the books of Moses, because they are about Moses, not because he personally wrote them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I am sorry but you are disrespectfully adding Masorete-pointed vowel sounds and a Germanic-Yiddish "V" sound to the Name of the Father even after you have been shown elsewhere that what you are doing is error. You are teaching blasphemy while imagining in the machinations of your vain imagination that you are studying to become a Rabbi and can also become the President of the United States of America one day. Happy New Year, Mr. Rabbi President. :doh:

Shalom.

I do not observe the New Year. I have been called a Rabbi. I am not the President.

I am not German.

Hebrew does not have vowels for letters. However, though God's name does not have vowels, it can be pronounced as Yahveh. The Vav is from the Torah and is in Modern Hebrew as well. I have no idea what you mean by blasphemy, nor how to help you with these kinds of thoughts that you have.

Anyone who was born in the United States of America as a citizen can become The President of the United States of America. So far this has only been men. I believe it makes sense that a man would become The President of the United States of America, and not a woman. Can we understand this from the Constitution? Was this understood in the day or time in which the Constitution was written?

My Rabbi gave me an assignment toward becoming a Rabbi.

I do not know what you mean by to the Name of the Father.

I do not know what a Masorete- pointed vowel sound is. I do not know what a Germanic-Yiddish "V" sound is.

Shalom.

Jacob

daqq

Shalom.

I do not observe the New Year. I have been called a Rabbi. I am not the President.

I am not German.

Hebrew does not have vowels for letters. However, though God's name does not have vowels, it can be pronounced as Yahveh. The Vav is from the Torah and is in Modern Hebrew as well. I have no idea what you mean by blasphemy, nor how to help you with these kinds of thoughts that you have.

Anyone who was born in the United States of America as a citizen can become The President of the United States of America. So far this has only been men. I believe it makes sense that a man would become The President of the United States of America, and not a woman. Can we understand this from the Constitution? Was this understood in the day or time in which the Constitution was written?

My Rabbi gave me an assignment toward becoming a Rabbi.

I do not know what you mean by to the Name of the Father.

I do not know what a Masorete- pointed vowel sound is. I do not know what a Germanic-Yiddish "V" sound is.

Shalom.

Jacob

You have stated that you have a Rabbi. No doubt he teaches you what you have posted here concerning the name of the Father. No doubt the "V" sound did not exist in ancient times the way it is pronounced in Yiddish, (which is a mixture of languages including Germanic dialects). Moreover you have indeed added vowel sounds to the name of the Father: it is right there in what you post all day every day, and it is error because you and your Rabbi do not understand the name of the Father from the texts in which it is expounded.

EXODUS 3:14 - EHYAH ESHER EHYAH (אהיה אשר אהיה)

1) "I AM WHO I AM"
2) "I SHALL BE WHO I SHALL BE"
3) "I AM WHO I SHALL BE" (because He does not change)
4) "I SHALL BE WHO I AM" (because He does not change)

Hey-Yod-Hey (היה)
1) "to be", "to exist" - present
2) "shall be", "will be", "to come (come to be, come to pass)" - future

Hey-Waw-Hey (הוה)
2) "to have existed", "came(to pass, came to be)", "was" - past

YHWH (יהוה) - "He who was [and] who is [and] who is to come"
Rev 1:4, Rev 1:8, Rev 4:8, Rev 11:17

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You have stated that you have a Rabbi. No doubt he teaches you what you have posted here concerning the name of the Father. No doubt the "V" sound did not exist in ancient times the way it is pronounced in Yiddish, (which is a mixture of languages including Germanic dialects). Moreover you have indeed added vowel sounds to the name of the Father: it is right there in what you post all day every day, and it is error because you and your Rabbi do not understand the name of the Father from the texts in which it is expounded.

EXODUS 3:14 - EHYAH ESHER EHYAH (אהיה אשר אהיה)

1) "I AM WHO I AM"
2) "I SHALL BE WHO I SHALL BE"
3) "I AM WHO I SHALL BE" (because He does not change)
4) "I SHALL BE WHO I AM" (because He does not change)

Hey-Yod-Hey (היה)
2) "shall be", "will be", "to come (come to be, come to pass)" - future

Hey-Waw-Hey (הוה)
2) "to have existed", "came(to pass, came to be)", "was" - past

YHWH (יהוה) - "He who was [and] who is [and] who is to come"
Rev 1:4, Rev 1:8, Rev 4:8, Rev 11:17

What you are saying is not anything that I have heard from my Rabbi. Sorry. You are making assumptions that should not be made.

You can say Yod Hey Vav Hey if you prefer instead of Yahveh, but I believe that I have the correct pronunciation.

I do not know why you refer to a name of a Father.

Shalom.

Jacob

daqq

God certainly has a name. It is Yahveh. And God is our Father. God is the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ, His Only Begotten Son.

Shalom.

Jacob

Then why did you say that you did not understand what I meant when I said "the name of the Father"? Howbeit you and I obviously disagree on that name, (the Tetragrammaton). Neither you nor your Rabbi have any real evidence for a "V" sound in first century Temple Hebrew or any time before that.

genuineoriginal

Shalom.

Today is Sheni, 10-14. It is Yom, Day. The Jewish Calendar Day ends with and at sundown.

What do you know about The Book of Genesis? Did Moses write The Book of Genesis? Was it written before Moses? The events of Genesis are before Moses' time.

Shalom.

Jacob
Was the account of Genesis through the flood told to Abram by Noah and Shem?

Noah died when Abraham was 39 years old.
Shem, Noah's son, died 33 years after Abraham died.
The book of Jasher states that Abram went to Noah and Shem for instruction of Elohim and His ways (Jasher 9:5).

daqq

Well I do take these actors as literal men play acting, no shame in that.

What I did on the previous page is stoning according to the Torah:
See? I did no physical harm, ("You shall not murder-kill").

Stonings go on here day in and day out, and most do not even realize that they do what they do: sharp words like jagged stones that cut not only the "skin" but sometimes deep into the heart. I try not to cut that deep but sometimes it is unavoidable, (for the Word is more like a rhomphaiah-sword than a stone). :chuckle: