Genesis 1-3 / Imagery?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The Jewish calendar sets Creation at 3761 BC, while the 16th century notion is 4004 BC. That obviously means there is something missing either by Jews or Christians, and leaves a possibility that they may both be wrong.

As far as the location of Eden, the most reasonable and evidenced notion I've heard is that the garden exist along a peninsula where the rivers in Genesis meet. Because of the lavish land that it was, it inevitably sunk into the sea, if not inevitably by the Deluge.

6days

Rather what I'm suggesting is a question, that couldn't the earth itself have been formed and functioning - albeit very differently than we see today - prior to God creating?
No.... not if I understand your question. I think you asking about the possibility that day 1 was not the beginning of everything?
I attempted to answer this above with an explanation of cardinal /ordinal numbers in the Hebrew.

6days

The Jewish calendar sets Creation at 3761 BC, while the 16th century notion is 4004 BC. That obviously means there is something missing either by Jews or Christians, and leaves a possibility that they may both be wrong.
Yes, they might both be wrong. But virtually every scholar who is going from the text comes up with a date of about 4000 years from creation to Jesus.
As far as the location of Eden, the most reasonable and evidenced notion I've heard is that the garden exist along a peninsula where the rivers in Genesis meet. Because of the lavish land that it was, it inevitably sunk into the sea, if not inevitably by the Deluge.
"By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed." 2 Peter 3:6

Tattooed Theist

No.... not if I understand your question. I think you asking about the possibility that day 1 was not the beginning of everything?
I attempted to answer this above with an explanation of cardinal /ordinal numbers in the Hebrew.

How would you then account for what modern science says about the age of the earth?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Great post, thank you.
Rather what I'm suggesting is a question, that couldn't the earth itself have been formed and functioning - albeit very differently than we see today - prior to God creating?

Of course the initial creation of the universe would be God's creation also.
You are welcome.

There are no gaps in the opening account of Genesis, as if the universe was created and existed for billions of years prior to the creation of the earth. Genesis 1:1-5 comprise the very first day, else the "first day" is really not the first day, but merely some metaphor, along the lines of the expression "today is the first day of the rest of your life". If the first day is metaphorical, then all the days are metaphorical alike and nonsense abounds.

The earth was indeed functioning differently before the fall of Adam. What we see now is not what Adam saw when he walked in the Garden before his sin. ;)

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, they might both be wrong. But virtually every scholar who is going from the text comes up with a date of about 4000 years from creation to Jesus.

Another view hinges on how one interprets the genealogies in Genesis 5 and 11, which in some places clearly refer to the immediate son and in other cases those that do not necessarily refer to the immediate son (versus son of a son and so on). It may be that the word "begat"—versus "called his name" (qara shem)—may not always refer to an immediate father-son relationship.

Using this view would yield something a little more than 11,000 years
from creation to the of the birth of Our Lord.

AMR

Tattooed Theist

You are welcome.

There are no gaps in the opening account of Genesis, as if the universe was created and existed for billions of years prior to the creation of the earth. Genesis 1:1-5 comprise the very first day, else the "first day" is really not the first day, but merely some metaphor, along the lines of the expression "today is the first day of the rest of your life". If the first day is metaphorical, then all the days are metaphorical alike and nonsense abounds.

The earth was indeed functioning differently before the fall of Adam. What we see now is not what Adam saw when he walked in the Garden before his sin. ;)

AMR

Why could it not be metaphor?

Jesus spoke a hyperbole when he said to pluck out your own eye, he surely didn't mean that literally.
Just because He spoke in a hyperbole that time doesn't mean the rest of what he taught also is such?

But I do see your point, I'm simply curious as to how and why people account for their view on the topic.

Last question, how do you respond to modern science claiming a billion + year old earth?

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why could it not be metaphor?
Literary markers for metaphors (figures of speech) are not present in the narrative text of the creation account in Genesis.

In order to approach the text aright, it will be important to see how the rest of the biblical witness approaches it. The fourth commandment takes the whole of it as an historical and literal event, Exodus 20. The apostle Paul understood the work of the first day to be an historical and literal event, 2 Cor. 4. The apostle Peter understood the work of the second day to be an historical and literal event, 2 Peter 3. The Lord Jesus understood the creation of male and female on the sixth day to be an historical and literal event, Matthew 19. Our Lord also understood the institution of the Sabbath to be an historical and literal event, including the order in which Genesis 1-2 describes the events as having happened, Mark 2. If the biblical witness as a whole is important to us, it will not be possible to ignore the way the text has been understood, as well as doctrinally and morally applied, on the basis that the things related were actual events which happened in time and space according to the literal meaning of the words.

Jesus spoke a hyperbole when he said to pluck out your own eye, he surely didn't mean that literally.
The figures of speech used by Our Lord were well understood by the hearer.

Last question, how do you respond to modern science claiming a billion + year old earth?
The believer need not assume the burden here. Scientific theories are moving targets. To say that science must have the final word is to make an unscientific statement. Science is an open canon, therefore contradiction is to be expected. We expect no contradiction in Scripture because it is a closed canon. What Scripture says it has always said and will always say. Science is an open canon. It has said things which it no longer says and what it says today may yet be changed. The believer must allow the Bible to say what it says. Whatever one thinks about physics, astronomy, or any other science, he has no right to impose his unproven, ever advancing scientific explanations on Scripture and make it say something other than what Scripture says.

Some may ask, "So what is the epistemic limitation of scientific discovery?"

We should answer, that first, it is limited to natural phenomena. Secondly, it is bound to observable fact. Thirdly, is only ever descriptive, never explanatory. Fourthly, deals with probability. Fifthly, is always open to re-evaluation. With these limitations we can accept everything natural science teaches. The fact that it conflicts with the plain teaching of God's word does not require us to adopt a pseudo-science or to re-evaluate God's word in the light of it. Sarah's womb was dead and Sarah had a child in her old age. The two facts conflict with each other. Both are legitimately maintained in the belief that God calleth those things which be not as though they were.

AMR

Last edited:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
There's a location a few hundred miles from Mt. Ararat that was dug up and dated to about 12000 BC. The entire site was rock shaped as boat supports with animals carved at their bases.

I think that the rigid, literal notion is more of a stigma than an explanation to Genesis to be honest.

Rondonmonson

#1 evidence is God's Word. The wold around us is the supporting evidence.
The Holy Bible uses the word YOM........#3117 יוֹם yowm {yome} from an unused root meaning to be hot;

1) day, time, year 1b1) as defined by evening and morning in Genesis 1. 1b2) as a division of time
1b2a) a working day, a day's journey
1c) days, lifetime (pl.)
1d) time, period (general)
1e) year

yom (398a); a prim. root; day:—
NASB - afternoon*(1), age(8), age*(1), all(1), always*(14), amount*(2), battle(1), birthday*(1), Chronicles*(38), completely*(1), continually*(14), course*(1), daily(22), daily the days(1), day(1115), day of the days(1), day that the period(1), day's(6), day's every day(1), daylight*(1), days(635), days on the day(1), days to day(1), days you shall daily(1), days ago(1), days'(11), each(1), each day(4), entire(2), eternity(1), evening*(1), ever in your life*(1), every day(2), fate(1), first(5), forever*(11), forevermore*(1), full(5), full year(1), future*(1), holiday*(3), later*(2), length(1), life(12), life*(1), lifetime(2), lifetime*(1), live(1), long(2), long as i live(1), long*(11), midday*(1), now(5), older*(1), once(2), period(3), perpetually*(2), present(1), recently(1), reigns(1), ripe*(1), short-lived*(1), so long*(1), some time(1), survived*(2), time(45), time*(1), times*(2), today(172), today*(1), usual(1), very old*(1), when(10), when the days(1), whenever(1), while(3), whole(2), year(10), yearly(5), years(13), yesterday*(1).

AV - day 2008, time 64, chronicles + H1697 37, daily 32, ever 17,
year 14, continually 10, when 10, as 10, while 8, full 8
always 4, whole 4, alway 4, misc 44; 2274
===================================================================================

Pretty clear to me that the Holy Word of God which you all say makes it VERY CLEAR, the facts are, YOM or YOWM can be many things, and since we know the universe is 13.7 Billion years old, we should understand that the word YOM must not mean a 24 hour day, especially since the sun was not created for the first 9 billion years the universe existed. We see many interpretations that would match above an interpretation of a LONG PERIOD OF TIME !! I highlighted some. So you saying God says its a 24 hour day, is just not a fact, the Holy Word says YOM. Which has many meanings.

God tells us He created light before He created the atmosphere.
This is TRUE because the first stars started forming at the 400 Million year mark, but the Sun was created on the Second Day, thus before the Grasses and Trees came forth.
Not a problem for the God of the Bible. He tells us He created the sun on the 4th day.
No he does not say He created the Sun on the 4th Day, people just misconceive what God's Holy Word says, and please explain why God would create a world in 6 Days which would take breaking ALL THE LAWS OF NATURE, just to hurry the process up ? There is no time with God, as soon as He commands something, its Done !! He lives in the past, present and Future at all times. So please, please explain why God would change the laws of Nature just to "HURRY UP THE PROCESS" when God is not subject to time, He commands it, and it is finished as soon as He commands it. It makes absolutely no sense that God would get in a HURRY TO FINISH His creation, God Created the Universe in 6 YOMS (Time Periods) and has now CEASED from Creating, even though Stars are still forming, because the stars that come into existence now, were commanded to come into existence on the First Day. So in essence, we need to say the Earth and the Sun were created on the First Day but came forth on the Second Day, thus Gods point of Emphasis changed from DAY ONE to DAY TWO after the Earth and Sun came forth. It says the Earth was without form and VOID which means non existence yet.

That's what you say... Lets see what God says...Gen. 1:16 "God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars."

Lets look at the full passage in depth instead of just one verse taken out of context.

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. 17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. 19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

The way thing are told today has nothing to do with the way things were written and told 4000 - 5000 years ago etc. etc. Just like Genesis 2 is only an enhanced, retelling of the Creation of Man, in much further depth, and just like Rev. 17 and 18 is only a retelling of events that have already happened between Rev. 6 and 16, this telling of the way we got our lights has nothing to do with when the Stars were created or the Earth, Moon and Sun, it is about when God divided the Light from the Dark, in other words the Moon has to be in just the proper place, else we would have a WEIRD WOBBLE to our planet, and there would be no consistent sunrise and sunset, just like some places today is light all summer, if the Axis was not where it is at then the weather would be much more violent in many cases, and there would be parts of the earth with hardly no sunlight, maybe 2 or 3 hours a day etc. etc. Might want to look that up, I have studied it in depth. This is what God or His Holy Word was referring to, HE SET THE SEASONS....Just what the very first Verse in this passage IMPLIES. He divided the Days from the Nights and created the SEASONS !!

The moon was much closer then, and each day was only 6 Hours long. When the Dinos lived each day was 21 Hours long. As a matter of fact I can prove my point by quoting a science article on National Post by Joseph Brean called Earth's Bad Day: A collision 4.5 Billion years ago nearly destroyed our planet.

“It would have been a very, very bad day for the Earth,” said Sujoy Mukhopadhyay, associate professor in the Earth and Planetary sciences Department at Harvard University. “One potential outcome could have been complete destruction.”

It came close. The cataclysmic meeting of the proto-Earth and the smaller, Mars-sized planet Theia — known as the Big Splash — set the Earth spinning faster than ever, tilted its axis by 23 degrees, and created the moon from the debris that was blasted into orbit.

Instead of planetary destruction, however, all these calamities were crucial to the eventual formation of the Earth’s protective atmosphere, the cycles of the seasons, the preservation of the polar ice caps, the movement of the moon-driven tides and the emergence of life.

“Subsequent to that bad day, it was a good thing,” Prof. Mukhopadhyay said.

So as you can see, the FOURTH DAY Brought forth the Seasons, I am CONVINCED this was brought about by the MOON and the EARTH'S Collision.

God is not still creating Gen. 2:2 "By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work."
You misunderstood my point...Even though there are STILL STARS FORMING, God gave the command to create the Universe on the very First Day. The Command was the Creation point, the Creation is still coming to pass because of the Command. Stars are still being formed, you can not deny that.

That is a common argument but PEW research showed your argument was false. About 10 years ago PEW interviewed thousands of young adults who grew up in Christian homes, but had drifted from faith. There was multiple reasons, but one of the major reasons was they had mostly grown up in homes where they were taught that the Bibles historical accounts were not necessarily true. This caused them to have doubts throughout scripture. For example, why believe in the virgin birth since science shows you need two to tango.

PEW also interviewed young adults who were strong in the faith, finding this group for the most part grew up in homes (and churches) where there was good apologetic teaching. BTW.... apologetic teaching starts from the time kids are very young with questions such as "Why did God let my dog die?" and "How come God isn't making Gramma get better?"

To me that's gobbledegook, the reason they fall away from the faith is they believe the lies of the professors over their parents, but in many cases it is because their parents just are not good examples of "Christians" I would surmise.

Good discussion. I have researched this in depth, so as a Christian I have put in due diligence on this subject, because I WAS CURIOUS about this subject matter.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There are no gaps in the opening account of Genesis, as if the universe was created and existed for billions of years prior to the creation of the earth.

Genesis 1 was written in the context of humanity.

John 1:1 is the beginning, Genesis 1:1 is a beginning, not necessarily the beginning.

6days

How would you then account for what modern science says about the age of the earth?
Modern science says nothing. Scientists interpret data and they say something. All scientists are taught to interpret data to fit the biased belief in naturalism. However there are thousands of scientists who reject that worldview and say that the data best fits the young earth interpretation.

6days

Pretty clear to me that the Holy Word of God which you all say makes it VERY CLEAR, the facts are, YOM or YOWM can be many things
Yes,,, and always easily understood by context and rules of grammar (The word and how it is used is the same in Hebrew and English). See Post 34 in this thread for rief explanation.
and since we know the universe is 13.7 Billion years old, we should understand that the word YOM must not mean a 24 hour day, especially since the sun was not created for the first 9 billion years the universe existed.
Perhaps we should agree on what the word YOM means in Genesis 1 before we start discussing beliefs in billions of years?
The way thing are told today has nothing to do with the way things were written and told 4000 - 5000 years ago etc. etc.
God tells us He spoke plainly to Moses...And, scripture was not just for people thousands of years ago but also for you and me in 2016.
Numbers 12:7"Not so, with My servant Moses, He is faithful in all My household; 8With him I speak mouth to mouth, Even openly, and not in dark sayings, And he beholds the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid To speak against My servant, against Moses?" 9So the anger of the LORD burned against them and He departed"
Jesus asks, "But since you do not believe what he (Moses) wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?"
Good discussion. I have researched this in depth, so as a Christian I have put in due diligence on this subject, because I WAS CURIOUS about this subject matter.
I would suggest you have things backwards. It seems you are taking secular beliefs involving evolutionism (chemical, stellar, biological) and then trying to fit that worldview into scripture. We should trust God's Word as the absolute truth, and then see how neatly the data supports God's Word.

Tattooed Theist

Modern science says nothing. Scientists interpret data and they say something. All scientists are taught to interpret data to fit the biased belief in naturalism. However there are thousands of scientists who reject that worldview and say that the data best fits the young earth interpretation.

If what they're basing their studies off of explains properly other things we observe in our world why would you then reject that which relates to your faith?

Science has created medications that kill people, but also that heal people.
Science explains the atmosphere, weather, etc.
So why then reject what they determine to be true of creation?

Again I would just like to reiterate that I do not hold an opinion from either side, I'm simply very curious of the differing opinions. :)

Rondonmonson

Yes,,, and always easily understood by context and rules of grammar (The word and how it is used is the same in Hebrew and English). See Post 34 in this thread for rief explanation.
We know the earth and universe is not 6000 years old and was not created in 6 days, this is not even up for debate in all reality. I am stunned that people still believe in this.

Perhaps we should agree on what the word YOM means in Genesis 1 before we start discussing beliefs in billions of years?
It means what it means a applied to the situation. In this situation, since the universe is 13.7 Billion years old, it means an Era or a Period of Time.
God tells us He spoke plainly to Moses...And, scripture was not just for people thousands of years ago but also for you and me in 2016.
Numbers 12:7"Not so, with My servant Moses, He is faithful in all My household; 8With him I speak mouth to mouth, Even openly, and not in dark sayings, And he beholds the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid To speak against My servant, against Moses?" 9So the anger of the LORD burned against them and He departed"
Jesus asks, "But since you do not believe what he (Moses) wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?"
That has nothing to do with what I was referring to, my point was about the way things were written and how stories were told. This is why we have Genesis 1 and 2. They came back and emphasized a point already made in Genesis 1, mans Creation. Likewise, on the fourth day, the SEASONS WERE SET, it clearly tells us this is what happened on the FOURTH DAY, but instead you think the Sun and Stars were created on the Fourth Day, just because they go over it again. The Earth Sun and Moon all appeared at about the same time, the Earth and Moon collided, thus our Axis was set, and our Seasons were set, by God, by crashing the moon into the Earth. It had nothing to to with a Sun being created on the fourth day, PERIOD.
I would suggest you have things backwards. It seems you are taking secular beliefs involving evolutionism (chemical, stellar, biological) and then trying to fit that worldview into scripture. We should trust God's Word as the absolute truth, and then see how neatly the data supports God's Word.
Wrong, I do not believe in evolution, its a lie from hell, but people who say the universe is 6000 years old and was created in 6 earth days is just the opposite side of the coin to me. Its fantasy land. They actually think God wants to change up all the Laws of His Nature just t get the Universe created in 6 DAYS even though when Gd commands something, He never has to wait, because He lives in all times at once, please tell me why God would need to RUSH events ? It did not happen, the universe s 13.7 billion years old, God created every creature on earth at its appointed time.

6days

Tattoed Theist said:
Science has created medications that kill people, but also that heal people.
Science explains the atmosphere, weather, etc.
So why then reject what they determine to be true of creation?
Medications are developed using the scientific method of repeatable experiments and observation.
Evolutionism and creationism are beliefs about the past, *that are not repeatable and not observable. We examine things in the present like distant galaxies, fossils, mutation rates etc then interpret the data to fit our beliefs about the past.
And...if you are curious the data best fits the Biblical creation model. :)

6days

Rondonmonson said:
We know the earth and universe is not 6000 years old and was not created in 6 days
We know God created everything in six days. We know there are about 4000 years of geneaologies from what Jesus called the "beginning of creation" to the time of Christ.
Rondonmonson said:
It means what it means a applied to the situation. In this situation, since the universe is 13.7 Billion years old, it means an Era or a Period of Time.
It is that type of compromise with secular opinions that has ended up putting the Vatican on the wrong side of science in the past.
Rondonmonson said:
The Earth Sun and Moon all appeared at about the same time, the Earth and Moon collided...
That is what you believe but God tells us He made the earth on the first day. On the 4th day He 'made the sun and the moon'. "He made the stars also"
Rondonmonson said:
Wrong, I do not believe in evolution, its a lie from hell
Sorry if I'm wrong, but it seems you have bought into stellar evolution which adds deep time to scripture.
Rondonmonson said:
but people who say the universe is 6000 years old and was created in 6 earth days is just the opposite side of the coin to me. Its fantasy land.
To you its fantasy.
Rondonmonson said:
They actually think God wants to change up all the Laws of His Nature just t get the Universe created in 6 DAYS
God tells us His creation was a supernatural event. He spoke ...and it happened. He could have created everything in an instant, or He could have created over billions of years. He tells us He created in six days.
Rondonmonson said:
please tell me why God would need to RUSH events ?
He didn't rush. He created over the course of six days. Ex. 20:11 explains why He took that 'long'.

Rondonmonson

God has no time in His Realm. Causation came about with the Creation of our universe. My "TIME THEORY" is based on study not just guess work. Since the Universe was created, and Earth was Formed 9.2 billion years latter, then the first day had to be 9.2 billion years Old...BECAUSE

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and Darkness was on he face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

{{ Notice, the Earth was void and without form, that is because God only Spoke it into Creation, it actuality it took 9.2 Billion years to form. Notice it says there was darkness on the face of the deep ? Well the WMAP/NASA Project, which has mapped out the Universe with Microwaves, says there was darkness on the face of the deep. (Big Bang, followed by Inflation, followed by Cosmic Microwave background where after 380,000 years loose electrons cool enough to combine with protons. The Universe becomes Transparent to Light. The Microwave background begins to shine. Then the dark ages/clouds of dark hydrogen gas cool and coalesce. }}..............WMAP/NASA Microwave Map of the Universe

https://www.google.com/search?q=WMA...UICSgC&biw=1366&bih=638#imgrc=c793Pqta2sZ0HM:

{{The first stars appear..........Gas Clouds collapse, the fusion of Stars begin, the first of which appears at about 400 million years after the Big Bang. SO............When the Bible says Darkness was on the face of the deep, God knew exactly what was happening in the very beginning !!}}

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. {{ The First day was Darkness and Light. People have often confused this, but God is saying there was Darkness, then Light (Stars formed at 400 million years)...That was the first day. It lasted 9.2 Billion years, give or take a few million years. }}

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. 7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day. {{ How does a firmament (Heaven/Air) divide the waters from the waters ? Well, God placed waters on the Earth, and the Sky has water in the Air, that's why it Rains !! This was the Second Day, so it couldn't have Started any sooner than 4.5 Billion years ago. And the Grasses Tress and Herbs began to appear at about 900 Million years B.C. according to my study of Science books, so the Second Day lasted from 4.5 Billion years B.C. until about 900 Million years B.C. And as God stated, that was the 2ND DAY which lasted,imho, about 3.6 Billion years [/B}}

9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good. 11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

{{ So, since the Grasses and herb yielding fruits came about around 900 Million Years B.C. to 800 Million years B.C. that becomes the 3RD DAY.}}

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. 16 And God made two great lights; the greater light (SUN) to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the (MOON) night: he made the stars also. ( Which were, are and will still be created in the future, since it mentions the Stars, we know the LESSER LIGHT is the Moon, The Moon has more "Light" than all the stars combined in reality ) 17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

{{Seems God set the Seasons the Axis created the perfect Seasons, and that was the fourth day. Probably happened at about the same time as the 3rd day, fairly close imho. The Earth and Moon collided, thus the Seasons were set by God. The Earth can not exist without the Sun, anyone knows that, nor could our other 8 planets.}}

20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. 21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

{{Through a study of Science books and such it is determined that the Sea Creatures have been around much longer than the Land Creatures, and that jibes with Gods account here..............About 550-500 Million years ago the Sea Creatures and fowl came along, and that was the 5TH DAY. It lasted until about 300-250 million years B.C.}}

24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. 29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

{{{ Through studying Science again the land animals/creatures started showing up around 250-300 million years ago. So this was the 6TH day........From 250 million years B.C. until 6000 years B.C. when God created man and rested from His creation. }}}

We are now in Gods day of rest or the 7TH DAY............

This actually all fits together in Gods timeline. It can not be perfect by the numbers of course, but it is an approximation that makes more sense than an earth that is only 6000 years old. Or in believing a universe that magically appeared from nothing.

Many seem to think that man is much older than 6000 years old, I ask, why is it nor recorded in history ? Secondly, Man became man when God imparted him with a Soul, and put His Spirit in us. Any Animal created before this impartation that made us into human beings (or made us in the image of God) , was not a Human Being as we are known today. They would just be another animal, nothing more, nothing less.

The Universe was not created in 6 Days, that is just cra cra man. God is trying to show us how He actually created the Universe, the WMAP/NASA Map proves He was right when He said their was Darkness on the Face of the Deep, yet we want to pretend He created the universe in 6 Days. SMH.

Last edited:

Tattooed Theist

Medications are developed using the scientific method of repeatable experiments and observation.
Evolutionism and creationism are beliefs about the past, *that are not repeatable and not observable. We examine things in the present like distant galaxies, fossils, mutation rates etc then interpret the data to fit our beliefs about the past.
And...if you are curious the data best fits the Biblical creation model. :)

Do you have any good lecture sources (video/audio) on young earth?
My issue is that i've been able to study much of the naturalistic view of a billion some odd year old earth but I've only found rather unconvincing sources for young earth.