Gee, Ate all the Aid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Cast-a-Lot

Holly said:
Here's the quote, from the tenth chapter of the Gospel of Mark. Spin it any way you want. I certainly have not lived up to it in my life, but I don't try to pretend Jesus didn't mean what He said:

17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? 18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God. 19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother. 20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth. 21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me. 22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions. 23 And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God! 24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

i am quoting from post #12, it says you have not lived up to it, but do not state whether or not you strive to live up to it as a goal in your life. please explain if selling everything you have is a goal in your life and strive to accomplish it.

Holly

Sir Cast-a-Lot said:
i am quoting from post #12, it says you have not lived up to it, but do not state whether or not you strive to live up to it as a goal in your life. please explain if selling everything you have is a goal in your life and strive to accomplish it.

No, I don't strive to sell everything I own. I have a hard enough time managing to tithe. Anything else about my personal finances is none of your business. See? I wasn't being modest when I said I was a less than exemplary Christian. A model Christian would turn the other cheek in the face of a barrage of annoying, redundant, irrelevant questions, and go the second mile with you, cheerfully answering each inane intrusion while giving you his or her cloak. I will probably be doing that right around the time I sell everything I own. For now, though, I am exasperated with this manipulative, one-sided discourse. If you want to continue a dialogue with me, you will have to share an equivalent amount of information about yourself rather than doing your little control dance of "I'll ask all the questions around here." :idea:

Sir Cast-a-Lot

Holly said:
No, I don't strive to sell everything I own. I have a hard enough time managing to tithe. Anything else about my personal finances is none of your business. See? I wasn't being modest when I said I was a less than exemplary Christian. A model Christian would turn the other cheek in the face of a barrage of annoying, redundant, irrelevant questions, and go the second mile with you, cheerfully answering each inane intrusion while giving you his or her cloak. I will probably be doing that right around the time I sell everything I own. For now, though, I am exasperated with this manipulative, one-sided discourse. If you want to continue a dialogue with me, you will have to share an equivalent amount of information about yourself rather than doing your little control dance of "I'll ask all the questions around here." :idea:

ask away :sinapisN:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
drock said:
And they do work. And they do eat. The conditions, on the other hand, are the reason they need all this aid.

The aid is what is hurting them. They need a hand up, not another hand out.

People who get money and aid for nothing are not inclined to work.

Sir Cast-a-Lot

Holly said:

So you tell others to strive to sell everything they own. yet you yourself do not strive for that very same thing. i think jesus addressed this in matthew 7. he called them hypocrites.

Holly

Sir Cast-a-Lot said:
So you tell others to strive to sell everything they own. yet you yourself do not strive for that very same thing. i think jesus addressed this in matthew 7. he called them hypocrites.

I did no such thing. Here is the original statement.
As to your point about voluntary aid, if we were living up to Jesus' mandate to sell all we own, give it to the poor, and follow Him, this would be moot.
Please note that it is in the subjunctive mood (note the "IF"). If you are unfamiliar with the conventions of English grammar, that means that it describes a condition contrary to what exists. It is not a command or exhortation. Please also note that by use of the second person plural ("we"), I am including myself in the statement as much as anyone else. You have deliberately lied about what I said, and have then gone on to slander me. Since you are on such a roll with quoting the bible, do you want to remind us what it says about slanderers?

Sir Cast-a-Lot

Holly said:
I did no such thing. Here is the original statement.

Please note that it is in the subjunctive mood (note the "IF"). If you are unfamiliar with the conventions of English grammar, that means that it describes a condition contrary to what exists. It is not a command or exhortation. Please also note that by use of the second person plural ("we"), I am including myself in the statement as much as anyone else. You have deliberately lied about what I said, and have then gone on to slander me. Since you are on such a roll with quoting the bible, do you want to remind us what it says about slanderers?

do you or do you not, exhort jesus's mandate to sell everything you own?

Holly

Sir Cast-a-Lot said:
do you or do you not, exhort jesus's mandate to sell everything you own?
I let God's Word speak for itself.
p.s. Where do you get off with all of this "do you or do you not" business? Sounds like you've been watching too much Court TV! :alien:

Sir Cast-a-Lot

Holly said:
I let God's Word speak for itself.
p.s. Where do you get off with all of this "do you or do you not" business? Sounds like you've been watching too much Court TV! :alien:

yes but by quoting it do you not exhort it? and yes you got me, my mother watches alot of court tv, and probably has rubbed off on me. :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.