gather in His name

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Praise the Lord oh my soul. And all that is within me praise. His Holy Name.

God bless you everyone.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
gather in His name

hallelujah brothers and sisters this is where we gather in His name

today is Sunday

we put away our differences

we give thanks
we give praise

we ask for forgiveness
we ask for guidance
we ask for help

we do it together

good night charity

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
gather in His name

today is Sunday

we give thanks
we give praise

we ask for forgiveness
we ask for guidance
we ask for help

we do it together

good night charity

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
We leaves our cudgels and swords at the door and gather to sing a hymn or two together.

Praise my soul the King of heaven

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
gather in His name

today is Sunday

we give thanks
we give praise

we ask for forgiveness
we ask for guidance
we ask for help

we do it together

good night charity

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

today is Sunday

we give thanks

we give praise

we ask for forgiveness

we ask for guidance

we ask for help

we do it together

good night charity

Nope

Charity

List of Anti-Popes

217-235 St. Hippolytus. One of the Fathers of the Church and the only anti-pope to be venerated as a saint. Elected "Pope" in opposition to St. Callistus I (r. 217-222) whom he accused of being a Monarchian heretic. Continued the schism in opposition to Urban I (r. 222-230) and St. Pontian (r. 230-235). The Imperial gov't, during the persecution of Emp. Maximin Thrax, exiled both Hippolytus and Pontian to Sardinia, where they were reconciled. Apparently, to end the schism they both abdicated.

251-258 Novatian. Consecrated bishop in opposition to St. Cornelius (r. 251-253). The major point in dispute (besides disappointed ambition on Novatian's part) was his opposition to the policy St. Cornelius pursued as regarded those Christians who lapsed during the persecution of Emperor Decius. The Pope insisted on restoring the "lapsi" to communion after doing suitable penance. Novatian demanded permanent excommunication from the Church.

309 Heraclius
355-365 Felix II
366-367 Ursinus
418-419 Eulalius
498-505 Laurentius
687 Theodore
687 Paschal
767-769 Constantine
768 Philip
844 John

855 Anastasius the Librarian. One of the more interesting anti-popes. A scholar learned in both Greek and Latin. After the death of St. Leo IV in 855, Anastasius, with Frankish support, tried to make himself Pope in rivalry to the lawful Pope Benedict III (r. 855-858). The violent hostility of the Romans thwarted him. Anastasius was treated leniently by Benedict and rehabilitated by Nicholas I (r. 858-867), whom he served faithfully.

903-904 Christopher

984-985 Boniface VII. One of the more disgusting anti-popes. Actually, twice anti-pope. In 974, supported by the Roman clan of the Crescentii, Boniface was "elected" Pope. He soon had the lawful Pope Benedict VI (r. 973-974) murdered. The outraged Romans expelled Boniface, who fled to the Eastern Roman Empire. In 980, while Benedict VII (r. 974-983) was absent, the usurper briefly seized Rome. Again expelled. In 984, with Byzantine support, Boniface again seized Rome, had John XIV (r. 983-984) murdered, and installed himself as "pope" until he died in 985.

997-998 John XVI
1012 Gregory
1045 Sylvester III. Scholars debate over whether or not he was truly an anti-pope.
1058-1059 Benedict X
1061-1072 Honorius II
1084-1100 Clement III
1100 Theodoric
1102 Albert
1105-1111 Sylvester IV
1118-1121 Gregory VIII
1124 Celestine II
1130-1138 Anacletus II
1138 Victor IV

1159-1164 Victor IV. The anti-popes of the years 1159-1180 were the creatures of the Holy Roman Emperor Frederick I during his long quarrel with Pope Alexander III (r. 1159-1181).

1164-1168 Paschal III
1168-1178 Callistus III
1179-1180 Innocent III

1328-1330 Nicholas V. Set up as anti-pope by the Holy Roman Emperor Louis IV during the latter's quarrel with Pope John XXII (r. 1316-1334).

1378-1394 Clement VII. The "election" of this anti-pope in opposition to the lawful Pope Urban VI (r. 1378-1389) precipitated the Western Schism of 1378-1415.

1394-1423 Benedict XIII
1049-1410 Alexander V
1410-1415 John XXIII
1423-1429 Clement VIII
1425-1430 Benedict XIV

1439-1449 Felix V. After "deposing" Eugene IV (r. 1431-1447) in 1439, the schismatic Council of Basle "elected" as "Pope" Amadeus VIII, Duke of Savoy (r. 1391-1440. Largely because the "council" desired as Pope a man of piety, wealth, and international standing. Amadeus accepted "election" only with hesitation and was soon disillusioned. In 1449, with Charles VII of France acting as mediator, Felix V submitted to the lawful Pope Nicholas V. Appointed cardinal bishop of St. Sabina, he died in 1451.

2015- Intojoy

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
gather in His name

today is Sunday

we give thanks
we give praise

we ask for forgiveness
we ask for guidance
we ask for help

we do it together

good night charity

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
gather in His name

today is Sunday

we give thanks
we give praise

we ask for forgiveness
we ask for guidance
we ask for help

we do it together

good night charity

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear chrysostom and Totton, and everyone!

This is the day that the Lord made! Let us marvel at all of the beautiful, incredible, awesome things that God's Imagination has brought to us. And let us reflect on each other and share our love for one another by being good children to Him, Our Wonderful Father, and Boss. And of course, our Big Brother, Jesus. And of course our Love for the Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit. Praise God for how thoughtful He has been to mankind!! Oh how wonderful can a Father be!! We are so lucky and blessed that there truly, really is a God. What a disappointment if there wasn't. I hope that no one ever has to live a life not knowing about God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost!!

Enjoy the Coming Week, chrysostom and Totton!! God Shower You Both With Many Blessings!!

Michael

P.S. Totton, you still do not know how much you helped me. I will never forget it!! God's Best Towards You Always!!
mc

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
gather in His name

today is Sunday

we give thanks
we give praise

we ask for forgiveness
we ask for guidance
we ask for help

we do it together

good night charity

wordsponge

BANNED
Banned
R.C. are not gathered by any God.
Well dressed FAKERS...

The Jews could not pull it off on GOD
BUT the GOD defying R.C. did not catch a clue.

Charity

R.C. are not gathered by any God.
Well dressed FAKERS...

The Jews could not pull it off on GOD
BUT the GOD defying R.C. did not catch a clue.

A Little fine white Line, an to visualize the roller coaster ride of foreign marriage. jump out if you want, okay jump out now, this whole towns weird an my mother didn't want me too, its her idea that i stay, but everyone thinks dads going to be the winner. just everything, Jesus is my kind of guy!

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi Totton,

Thank you for the smiley face you left on my User CP. You're a little treasure!! I do hope that God watches over you always!!!

Jesus' Best For You,

Michael