Fun, mans chief end.

Truster

What are the most highly regarded, necessary and desired objectives in life that are continually at the forefront people's minds?
Mankind’s aim in life is to have fun, enjoy and be happy. These achievements would be collectively described as fulfilment. Fulfilment must not only be achieved it must been seen to be so. Look at me, look at what I’m doing, look at where I am, look at what I’ve got, me, me, me, mine, mine, mine…

This is what people labour for, spend time and money on trying to achieve, but most fail. Lets take a look at fun and see what it truly holds and delivers in the arena of our expectations.

Fun, in and of itself, is transitory or fleeting and is an expectation that often fails. How many times have you blamed someone, or been blamed for spoiling the fun? How many plans that you have made, to have fun, have failed due to circumstances beyond your control? How many times have you “put on a brave face” and pretended to have fun for the sake of others? How often have you insisted that people loosen up and enjoy the fun?
The biggest disaster where fun is concerned is trying to relive the moment at a future date while the great spoiler is waiting in the wings. Let’s not plan they say it’s better when it’s spontaneous! Lets not make arrangements because someone always drops out! Lets not go back, because it’s never the same!
If any adult is true to their own experience they must agree with these statements. However they pass on the objective to their offspring and cultivate an unhealthy desire for fun. It’s not long before children are bored with the fun and start making demands for MORE FUN! Mother must go back to work to supply the demands. They make statements like, “I’m doing it for the children”! Unfortunately the children end up feeling neglected

The pursuit of fun makes extortionate demands and requires lots of energy. Fun does not make room for or require patience. People who are seeking fun are always in a rush, because they don't want to miss "the fun".
The pursuit of fun has envy as an attendant. Is someone having more fun? Jealousy must also attend as is a bitter pill to swallow.
People are often lured by what they see as being fun and are blissfully ignorant of the painful repercussions or obstacles that surround their idea of fun.
Marriage, relationships and even children promise to be fun, but how soon does the brightness fade?

There are many fabrications in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of Yah Veh, that shall rise. Prov 19:21