Free Will

Nanja

Jesus didn't preach the gospel to only those who were born of God, he preached the gospel to all the hope of saving as many as he could. And he told his disciples to go and preach the gospel to every creature, not only to those who were born of the spirit. So everyone who hears the gospel has a chance to know the living God.

Only those who are born of the God hear the things of the spirit, but those who hear Gods word have a chance to believe and then through faith and by the grace of God they can be born anew, we must be born anew, our old life gone and born again in God. Then God guides and teaches us directly in our hearts by his Spirit within, and we will hear his spirit in others.

Preaching the Gospel has a twofold purpose according to God's Will.

2 Cor. 2:14-16
14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place. 15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: 16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

Is. 55:11
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

marhig

Jesus tells us who it is that hears God's words right here Jn 8:47

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

And who is Jesus talking to? The pharasees. They think that they are born of God, and he is letting them know that if they were, then they would know that he is speaking the truth, but they are not of God, so they cannot hear his words.

That doesn't mean that those who have never heard the word of God can't believe it when they do hear. They have a choice, believe or not.

Jesus tells us who it is that hears God's words right here Jn 8:47

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Nanja

Did Jesus preach the gospel because of anything we had done? No he didn't, he preached it because he loved God and God loves the world so he wants as many back as will listen. And if when we hear and we believe then we are to follow him. We are filthy rags, but we should be being cleansed daily by the washing of the word delivered to our hearts by the spirit.

So what do you believe? That only those in your church belong to God?

God only Loves His Elect, Christ's Church He gave His Life for Eph. 5:25.

That's the only Church I belong to!

beloved57

And who is Jesus talking to? The pharasees. They think that they are born of God, and he is letting them know that if they were, then they would know that he is speaking the truth, but they are not of God, so they cannot hear his words.

That doesn't mean that those who have never heard the word of God can't believe it when they do hear. They have a choice, believe or not.

Jesus is speaking to the jews. Now who does He say it is that hears the words of God according to Jn 8:47 ?

marhig

Preaching the Gospel has a twofold purpose according to God's Will.

2 Cor. 2:14-16
14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place. 15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: 16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

Is. 55:11
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Yes and we have a choice, believe and be saved from distruction or believe not and perish.

John 3

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God

When men love darkness more than light, then they can't be saved. But those who are in darkness and don't know God and hear the word and believe, have a chance to walk in the light.

I must go to make my daughter lunch. I will answer any more later

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Free will" is a tautology. If it is not free, it is not a will.
In the time of Adam and Eve, when Eve was instructed to eat the apple.
Eve was not "instructed" to eat.
Did that mean the devil gave her the free will to do it?
No. Why would you think that? :AMR:
Or does it mean he was opening eves awareness to do things she wasn't instructed to do, like disobeying God (much like he did), and in a way exercising her free will?
Eve was well aware that she could do other than instructed.
All in all, who gave us free will, God who created us with that capacity, or the devil who let the early humans understand we had that capacity?
God, who "let the early humans understand we had that capacity."

marhig

Jesus is speaking to the jews. Now who does He say it is that hears the words of God according to Jn 8:47 ?
That doesn't mean that people don't have a chance to hear, I'm going to make my daughter lunch I'll be back later.

Jamie Gigliotti

That's a LIE!

Mat. 13:38-39
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

God never loved the children of the devil, they were never chosen or loved by the Father, so they are cursed right from the beginning;

As opposed to those He did Love and chose in Christ from the foundation of the world to have forgiveness of sins and an eternal inheritance
Eph. 1:3-11

Mat. 25:41
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

What a pride inciting theology. The chosen few... A theology designed to lower the name of God... Its a travesty!

Ben Masada

I didn't know where else to put this, but in the time of Adam and Eve, when Eve was instructed to eat the Apple, did that mean the devil gave her the free will to do it? Or does it mean he was opening eves awareness to do things she wasn't instructed to do, like disobeying God (much like he did), and in a way exercising her free will? All in all, who gave us free will, God who created us with that capacity , or the devil who let the early humans understand we had that capacity?

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

HaShem created man with Freewill. The Devil as a being has nothing to do with any thing that's done on earth. The Devil is only a concept to illustrate the evil inclination in man. The admittance of a Devil as a being only distorts the nature of men into having something else to blame for his or her wrongdoings.

beloved57

HaShem created man with Freewill. The Devil as a being has nothing to do with any thing that's done on earth. The Devil is only a concept to illustrate the evil inclination in man. The admittance of a Devil as a being only distorts the nature of men into having something else to blame for his or her wrongdoings. Man himself is responsible for the sinful acts we blame the devil with.
Did that golden calf you worshipped have a freewill?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Nanja

"He is patient with you not wanting anyone to perish. But everyone to come repentance. " 2 Peter 3:9

That verse is not saying that God wills all of humanity to come to repentance.

That's not a possible exegesis of that scripture because He has already condemned some, they are being reserved for punishment.

Rev. 22:11
He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

2 Peter 2:9
The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

Jude 1:4
For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ben Masada

Addition to post #593 - Ben Masada to Aetherym

Ignorance is an abomination in the Lord's sight. When Adam and Eve were forbidden to eat of the tree of knowledge, it was the Lord's catch-22 to rather enhance man's appetite for the tree of knowledge. If the prohibition were to be observed, the fruit of that tree would not have been so enticing and the tree would not have been planted in the center of the garden to call the attention of all. And the Lord would not have employed the services of the serpent to explain that they had misunderstood the command which had been meant to be rather the opposite. As Adam and Eve realized what the Lord really meant, the abomination of ignorance had been neutralized.