ECT Free will

revpete

I am sure that was not your intention.

Surely we want to conduct our lives focussing on God and His word as Isaiah 26:3, Joshua 1:6-9 and many other passages exhort us to do.

But God cannot do that for us, we must decide to do that. He gives us plenty to focus on and believe, but it is we that must focus and believe.

God's word is another act of God's grace. He did not leave us without instructions for living. But we must exert the effort to learn and live (not live and learn, then expect God to bail us out everytime)

God's grace cannot be made good use of until we believe and act on God's word

I agree but I would say that a person cannot believe or act on God's Word without His grace because: the natural man receives not the things of The Spirit of God because they're foolishness to Him.

oatmeal

I agree but I would say that a person cannot believe or act on God's Word without His grace because: the natural man receives not the things of The Spirit of God because they're foolishness to Him.

Since life itself is a gift of God's grace, who could argue?

The natural man is limited, as a natural man, to how much of God's grace he will experience in his life. When that natural man decides to receive the gift of salvation, Romans 10:9-10, then God is able to really pour it on.

oatmeal

So if God controls everything, and doesn't allow freewill and wants all men to come to the knowledge of the truth; why don't they?

"Who desires all people to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth." 1Timothy 2:4

That is a good question that doubters have to avoid

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
That is a good question that doubters have to avoid

That would be you.

It is Jesus who desires all men to be saved.

The mediator is not God.

Galatians 3:20 KJV

20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

1 Timothy 2:5 KJV

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

You contradict yer own theology.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

The natural man is limited, as a natural man, to how much of God's grace he will experience in his life. When that natural man decides to receive the gift of salvation, Romans 10:9-10, then God is able to really pour it on.

Then God is able to really pour it on?

So you control God's ability now?

You have much to learn.

oatmeal

That would be you.

It is Jesus who desires all men to be saved.

The mediator is not God.

Galatians 3:20 KJV

20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

1 Timothy 2:5 KJV

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

You contradict yer own theology.

So how does your post fit within the framework of the idea of freewill?

Since it does not, you might want to start a thread on this, if not, I could do it for you.

What does your post have to do with this post on freewill?

oatmeal

Then God is able to really pour it on?

So you control God's ability now?

You have much to learn.

Evidently, your ability to teach what you say I do not know is non existent or simply not utilized. So teach me.

Salvation is a gift of God's grace.

That gracious gift is available to receive by anyone who meets the conditions of Romans 10:9-10.

If you wish to receive anything from God, one of the essential requirements is that you believe God's promises.

Ie, Matthew 21:20 you could pray till you are blue in face, but unless you believe you are wasting God's and your time.

Believing is major key to receiving anything from God, including the gracious gift of salvation and all the benefits that come with it.

Then when we believe to utilize that gift of God's grace, God's grace can be received even more.

When someone gives you a gift, (not wages for work done, but a gift) do you hold out your hands to receive it or not? Or do you let your hands hang down at your sides and pretend to be thankful?

If you actually hold out your hands to receive it, do you take the wrapping off and open the box to find out what is inside or do you throw it in the closet or in the garbage?

If you actually open it up, do you read any instructions on how to use it? or do you ignore it?

Until you receive God's grace, God's grace is useless to you. You must be a willing recipient of God's grace to make use of it. It is always available, but you must believe to receive it and use it.

revpete

Paul teaches in Ephesians that before salvation all are dead in trespasses and sins. So how can a spiritually dead person decide to receive the gift of salvation when it's a spiritual decision? The point is that without God making the first move a person remains spiritually dead. I think that you make man the insigater of his salvation, whereas I believe it to be God. Unless I misunderstood you, in which case I apologise.

Pete 👤

oatmeal

Paul teaches in Ephesians that before salvation all are dead in trespasses and sins. So how can a spiritually dead person decide to receive the gift of salvation when it's a spiritual decision? The point is that without God making the first move a person remains spiritually dead. I think that you make man the insigater of his salvation, whereas I believe it to be God. Unless I misunderstood you, in which case I apologise.

Pete 👤

It is not a spiritual decision. It is a mental decision from the heart. Romans 10:9-10 says nothing about it being a spiritual decision.

It is a decision to confess and it is a decision to believe from the heart.

It does not say is it spiritual to confess and is the believing from the spirit. Confess with the spirit? No, confess with the mouth. Believe from the spirit? no, believe in your heart.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned

Pete ��

You got your theology right. Praise God for your wisdom . The arminians say if a corpse hears an ice cream truck drive by, the zombie crawls out of the grave due to desiring ice cream with free will. Now the the corpse is happy eating ice cream cause it was available to everyone. Don't listen to the arminians who have zombie brains. They don't have the ability to understand spiritual things of God nor the Bible.

oatmeal

You got your theology right. Praise God for your wisdom . The arminians say if a corpse hears an ice cream truck drive by, the zombie crawls out of the grave due to desiring ice cream with free will. Now the the corpse is happy eating ice cream cause it was available to everyone. Don't listen to the arminians who have zombie brains. They don't have the ability to understand spiritual things of God nor the Bible.

If someone sneaks up on you and hits you on the head with a bat and knocks you unconsciousness, but you didn't hear him or the thud, will you have a lump on your head?

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
If someone sneaks up on you and hits you on the head with a bat and knocks you unconsciousness, but you didn't hear him or the thud, will you have a lump on your head?

While doing deep prayers for many years, my Qi senses the batter's Qi and causes me to duck. Awareness and mindfullness is a must. If i duck, that means the Spirit is with me.

You have a LOT of ifs. I have a LOT of assurance. I'm sure I will not get the lumps cause Im watchfull and ready. Jesus will pass over you while you're always always sleeping

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
So how does your post fit within the framework of the idea of freewill?

Since it does not, you might want to start a thread on this, if not, I could do it for you.

What does your post have to do with this post on freewill?

Didn't I answer yer post O wise OP?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Evidently, your ability to teach what you say I do not know is non existent or simply not utilized. So teach me.

Salvation is a gift of God's grace.

That gracious gift is available to receive by anyone who meets the conditions of Romans 10:9-10.

If you wish to receive anything from God, one of the essential requirements is that you believe God's promises.

Ie, Matthew 21:20 you could pray till you are blue in face, but unless you believe you are wasting God's and your time.

Believing is major key to receiving anything from God, including the gracious gift of salvation and all the benefits that come with it.

Then when we believe to utilize that gift of God's grace, God's grace can be received even more.

When someone gives you a gift, (not wages for work done, but a gift) do you hold out your hands to receive it or not? Or do you let your hands hang down at your sides and pretend to be thankful?

If you actually hold out your hands to receive it, do you take the wrapping off and open the box to find out what is inside or do you throw it in the closet or in the garbage?

If you actually open it up, do you read any instructions on how to use it? or do you ignore it?

Until you receive God's grace, God's grace is useless to you. You must be a willing recipient of God's grace to make use of it. It is always available, but you must believe to receive it and use it.

God's grace is revealed to us through the measure of faith that He alone deals to every man who has some.

Romans 12:3 KJV

3 For I say , through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think ; but to think soberly , according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
While doing deep prayers for many years, my Qi senses the batter's Qi and causes me to duck. Awareness and mindfullness is a must. If i duck, that means the Spirit is with me.

You have a LOT of ifs. I have a LOT of assurance. I'm sure I will not get the lumps cause Im watchfull and ready. Jesus will pass over you while you're always always sleeping

Romans 1:17 KJV

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written , The just shall live by faith.

From the faith of Christ to our faith in Him.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Romans 1:17 KJV

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written , The just shall live by faith.

From the faith of Christ to our faith in Him.

Praise God! The elects live by faith just as God planned it

oatmeal

Whose puppet are you?

God does not have puppets, He nurtures disciples, those who freewillingly believe and follow His word.

There is a spirit that does use and manipulate people like a puppet, he is God's enemy. He is referred to as the Devil, Satan, the accuser, the dragon, that old serpent and many other monikers. He enjoys using his people puppets.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Whose puppet are you?

God does not have puppets, He nurtures disciples, those who freewillingly believe and follow His word.

There is a spirit that does use and manipulate people like a puppet, he is God's enemy. He is referred to as the Devil, Satan, the accuser, the dragon, that old serpent and many other monikers. He enjoys using his people puppets.

God's puppet cause if there is one single molecule in this universe running around loose, totally free of God’s sovereignty, then we have no guarantee that a single promise of God will ever be fulfilled.

revpete

Thank you marionette 🃏