Free will is simply....

MennoSota

I am Romans 10:9 KJV.
You tell me.
Do you imagine that a magical "sinners prayer" makes you alive in Christ?
How can a spiritually dead person pray and demand that the Sovereign God does what the human demands?
Could it be that God must first make the person alive in Christ before there is a confession from the mouth?
I once heard Duncan Littlefair (former pastor of fountain street church) give the gospel and say the prayer in his sermon. He then turned his back on the audience and threw the Bible against the wall and called down curses on anyone whom he said "preached such lies." Idolater, anyone can read off a script. It doesn't mean they have been redeemed.
Idolater, what does the Bible mean when it says "you were dead" in your trespasses and sins?
What does the Bible mean when it says "But, God made you alive in Christ Jesus"?
Have you forgot that Romans 3, 5, 8 and 9 come before 10? The progression will show you that Paul is not referring to a magic prayer confession that saves in chapter 10.

popsthebuilder

You blame God. You accept Islam. You attempt to add free-will to the Bible when it isn't there. You deny that Jesus is God.
Pops...you speak against God at nearly every turn while you attempt to lift up your self.
What do I blame GOD for?

If I did; which I do not; then how does that justify you lying about me or taking away from scripture. You can attempt to side step the fact that you are proven wrong and a liar, but none of that shows you as a Christian to any.

You can attack my beliefs all you want. You can pretend like I am adding to scripture all you want.

None of that affects the truth of the matter though.

You might ought to watch yourself. I know you think you are elect and cannot loose salvation, but what you espouse coupled with your obvious lack of scriptural familiarity coupled with your gross assumption, lack of study, failure to see when you are wrong, and your monumental pride all show you to be very far from the Truth indeed.

I wish you the best regardless.

peace

please forward study and learn that I have not added to scripture, but it is you who have removed from scripture with your claiming free will isn't in the Bible.

Pretty odd how someone who believes the Quran to be inspired by GOD has to show a Bible only proponent what is actually in the book they believe in.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

MennoSota

What do I blame GOD for?

If I did; which I do not; then how does that justify you lying about me or taking away from scripture. You can attempt to side step the fact that you are proven wrong and a liar, but none of that shows you as a Christian to any.

You can attack my beliefs all you want. You can pretend like I am adding to scripture all you want.

None of that affects the truth of the matter though.

You might ought to watch yourself. I know you think you are elect and cannot loose salvation, but what you espouse coupled with your obvious lack of scriptural familiarity coupled with your gross assumption, lack of study, failure to see when you are wrong, and your monumental pride all show you to be very far from the Truth indeed.

I wish you the best regardless.

peace

please forward study and learn that I have not added to scripture, but it is you who have removed from scripture with your claiming free will isn't in the Bible.

Pretty odd how someone who believes the Quran to be inspired by GOD has to show a Bible only proponent what is actually in the book they believe in.

Pops, I talk of what I saw. In each verse you quoted, you then added the words, free-will. Go back and look.
You state that God caused sin. Even though he didn't. He did ordain it and say yes to its existence. That is not cause.
I'm sorry you struggle to accept God's Sovereignty over all things and actions in creation. I'm sorry you deny Jesus is God. I'm sorry you cannot see the demonic writing of the Quran. I'm sorry you have no part in the body of Christ. May God take your dead spirit and give it life.

popsthebuilder

Pops, I talk of what I saw. In each verse you quoted, you then added the words, free-will. Go back and look.
You state that God caused sin. Even though he didn't. He did ordain it and say yes to its existence. That is not cause.
I'm sorry you struggle to accept God's Sovereignty over all things and actions in creation. I'm sorry you deny Jesus is God. I'm sorry you cannot see the demonic writing of the Quran. I'm sorry you have no part in the body of Christ. May God take your dead spirit and give it life.

Say whatever you want to divert attention away from what you continue to knowingly do. By now you have surely verified your mistake; yet instead of accepting such you rather make other false claims about me personally. I was speaking of your doctrine, not mine. I believe all evil is of man, due to the gift of relative freedom and astounding potential. We've gone over this before as well. You know I do not ascribe evil to GOD. What you cannot grasp (seemingly, though we are in agreement) is that if GOD is sovereign (1.

possessing supreme or ultimate power.

"in modern democracies the people's will is in theory sovereign"

synonyms:supreme, absolute, unlimited, unrestricted, boundless, ultimate, total, unconditional, full;

principal, chief,dominant, predominant,ruling;

royal, regal,monarchical

"sovereign control") then the sin we do is by HIS leave. You actually agree on this though you say you don't. It must be the case if GOD is wholly omnipotent/ sovereign. Still again though; that in no way means that it is not the will of GOD that we have freedom of choice, or that said freedom (and as such; sin) will not ultimately glorify GOD alone.

I didn't add anything. I pressed enter between the words "free will". That is it. Please do not falsly accuse even one you deem an enemy. It will not be towards your benefit. Being so proud you most likely do for your benefit quite often; hence my informing you.

I was literally personally shown the sovereign nature/ power of GOD as it relates to my own existence; so again, please do not falsly accuse me as it will be to your detriment alone.

Christ is GOD. The body of Christ is not. Your doctrine will no doubt lead to atrocity.

I'm sorry you cannot show demonic writing from the Quran; but I am much more sorry that you make such claims against a Holy book of GOD, without being able to rightly substantiate such claims (not that you can). It is a relatively genuine sorrow; but I know GOD to be merciful; and that there is more than hope for you if you but set asside your pride/ fear.

You saying I have no part in the body of Christ is your opinion. I know I would never boast of such if it were the case by the mercy and to the glorification of GOD alone.

Funny thing; GOD already raised me up to life. That isn't to say that I think myself unable to die the second death though. The race isn't over and I do not count myself dead.

You don't have to let others see your mistake or even take credit for it outwardly; but I really hope you do privately both see your mistake, and adjust your blinders accordingly.

MennoSota

Say whatever you want to divert attention away from what you continue to knowingly do. By now you have surely verified your mistake; yet instead of accepting such you rather make other false claims about me personally. I was speaking of your doctrine, not mine. I believe all evil is of man, due to the gift of relative freedom and astounding potential. We've gone over this before as well. You know I do not ascribe evil to GOD. What you cannot grasp (seemingly, though we are in agreement) is that if GOD is sovereign (1.

possessing supreme or ultimate power.

"in modern democracies the people's will is in theory sovereign"

synonyms:supreme, absolute, unlimited, unrestricted, boundless, ultimate, total, unconditional, full;

principal, chief,dominant, predominant,ruling;

royal, regal,monarchical

"sovereign control") then the sin we do is by HIS leave. You actually agree on this though you say you don't. It must be the case if GOD is wholly omnipotent/ sovereign. Still again though; that in no way means that it is not the will of GOD that we have freedom of choice, or that said freedom (and as such; sin) will not ultimately glorify GOD alone.

I didn't add anything. I pressed enter between the words "free will". That is it. Please do not falsly accuse even one you deem an enemy. It will not be towards your benefit. Being so proud you most likely do for your benefit quite often; hence my informing you.

I was literally personally shown the sovereign nature/ power of GOD as it relates to my own existence; so again, please do not falsly accuse me as it will be to your detriment alone.

Christ is GOD. The body of Christ is not. Your doctrine will no doubt lead to atrocity.

I'm sorry you cannot show demonic writing from the Quran; but I am much more sorry that you make such claims against a Holy book of GOD, without being able to rightly substantiate such claims (not that you can). It is a relatively genuine sorrow; but I know GOD to be merciful; and that there is more than hope for you if you but set asside your pride/ fear.

You saying I have no part in the body of Christ is your opinion. I know I would never boast of such if it were the case by the mercy and to the glorification of GOD alone.

Funny thing; GOD already raised me up to life. That isn't to say that I think myself unable to die the second death though. The race isn't over and I do not count myself dead.

You don't have to let others see your mistake or even take credit for it outwardly; but I really hope you do privately both see your mistake, and adjust your blinders accordingly.

You believe something the Bible doesn't teach. You ignore Romans 5.
Second your personal experience is obviously demonic based upon the false beliefs you exhibit regarding Jesus.
The sins that humans commit are allowed by God's Sovereign will. He does not cause people to sin. People are born in sin. This is all elementary stuff taught by God in the Bible. Unfortunately you don't accept God's word as authoritative.

popsthebuilder

You believe something the Bible doesn't teach. You ignore Romans 5.
Second your personal experience is obviously demonic based upon the false beliefs you exhibit regarding Jesus.
The sins that humans commit are allowed by God's Sovereign will. He does not cause people to sin. People are born in sin. This is all elementary stuff taught by God in the Bible. Unfortunately you don't accept God's word as authoritative.

Nothing but false unsubstantiatable claims. Try sticking to the topic

What do I believe the Bible doesn't teach?

Do you believe free will is in the Bible?

I'm still waiting on those demonic writings too.

What false belief do I hold regarding our Lord Jesus?

"The sins that humans commit are allowed by God's Sovereign will. He does not cause people to sin."

Thanks for restating what we have both already affirmed.

If GOD is sovereign and man is born in sin then it is due to GOD as all is if GOD is sovereign. That doesn't mean GOD is the author of sin, or that it is expressly HIS will that we sin, but that it is obviously an inevitability given our freedom and potential. If we aren't free then how did Adam turn from the will of GOD. If free will isn't in the Bible then why is free will in the Bible? You want to post scripture about election and destiny, all while ignoring all the scripture about choosing and free will.

Both are in the Bible; both are true. Neither need you to affirm them or understand them in order for them to be true.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Question: Has God made YOU alive in Christ Jesus? How would YOU know that?

Because I believe in Christ's Resurrection.

Has God made you alive in Christ?

I am Romans 10:9 KJV.
You tell me.

Do you imagine that a magical "sinners prayer" makes you alive in Christ?
No I believe that believing in His Resurrection 'makes you alive in Christ,' which I equate with 'makes you a bona fide Christian.'
How can a spiritually dead person pray and demand that the Sovereign God does what the human demands?
Believing in Christ's Resurrection is not demanding 'that the Sovereign God does what the human demands.' It's just believing, it's just faith; faith alone.
Could it be that God must first make the person alive in Christ before there is a confession from the mouth?
Sure.
I once heard Duncan Littlefair (former pastor of fountain street church) give the gospel and say the prayer in his sermon. He then turned his back on the audience and threw the Bible against the wall and called down curses on anyone whom he said "preached such lies."
I'm confused---what 'lies' was he talking about?
Idolater, anyone can read off a script. It doesn't mean they have been redeemed.
I know. You have to really believe, that He is risen; for real. He died, He was buried . . . and then on the third day He wasn't dead anymore. It's categorically different from reading 'off a script.' It's for real.
Idolater, what does the Bible mean when it says "you were dead" in your trespasses and sins?
What does the Bible mean when it says "But, God made you alive in Christ Jesus"?
Have you forgot that Romans 3, 5, 8 and 9 come before 10? The progression will show you that Paul is not referring to a magic prayer confession that saves in chapter 10.
Jesus Christ, God's 'only begotten Son' (Jn3:16KJV Jn3:18KJV), our Lord, is risen from the dead (Mt28:6KJV Mk16:6KJV Lk24:6KJV). Romans 10:9 KJV links believing in His Resurrection with bona fide Christian faith. And we can choose to not believe in Christ, if we want to not believe in Him, that's free will; it's a truly free and voluntary choice---nothing could stop us from not believing, if that's what we want to do.

marhig

You blame God. You accept Islam. You attempt to add free-will to the Bible when it isn't there. You deny that Jesus is God.
Pops...you speak against God at nearly every turn while you attempt to lift up your self.

What do you mean free will isn't in the Bible? There is freewill right through the Bible!

Joshua said, choose you this day whom you will serve, they had a choice, freewill!

Joshua 24

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

And Jesus said this

Mark 16

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

They have a choice, believe the gospel or not, freewill.

And he said

Matthew 10

And when ye come into an house, salute it. And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you. And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

They have a choice, receive the disciples and hear their words, or not, again freewill.

Jesus said to his disciples to go out and preach the gospel to every creature in every nation. So every person has a choice to make, believe or not, but not every person will believe! They all have freewill!

MennoSota

No I believe that believing in His Resurrection 'makes you alive in Christ,' which I equate with 'makes you a bona fide Christian.'
Believing in Christ's Resurrection is not demanding 'that the Sovereign God does what the human demands.' It's just believing, it's just faith; faith alone.
Sure.
I'm confused---what 'lies' was he talking about?
I know. You have to really believe, that He is risen; for real. He died, He was buried . . . and then on the third day He wasn't dead anymore. It's categorically different from reading 'off a script.' It's for real.
Jesus Christ, God's 'only begotten Son' (Jn3:16KJV Jn3:18KJV), our Lord, is risen from the dead (Mt28:6KJV Mk16:6KJV Lk24:6KJV). Romans 10:9 KJV links believing in His Resurrection with bona fide Christian faith. And we can choose to not believe in Christ, if we want to not believe in Him, that's free will; it's a truly free and voluntary choice---nothing could stop us from not believing, if that's what we want to do.
If you have a brain injury and stop believing does that mean you have lost your salvation?
If you have Alzheimers and forget God exists does that mean you're doomed?
The gospel in the first creed:
1 Corinthians 15:3-4
I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me. Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said. He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said.

God is responsible for making you alive, for saving you (redeeming you), for adopting you, for sanctifying you, for sealing you. Whatever response you have to the gospel is by God's ordinance. Whatever befalls you in this life is by God's ordinance. When God has chosen, he does not unchoose, no matter what befalls.
Your relationship with God is between you and God. Merely stating that you mentally agree to Jesus resurrection may or may not mean that God has chosen to redeem you.

MennoSota

What do you mean free will isn't in the Bible? There is freewill right through the Bible!

Joshua said, choose you this day whom you will serve, they had a choice, freewill!

Joshua 24

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Joshua was talking about obeying the Mosaic law. Here's what Joshua also says in chapter 24.
Joshua 24:19-20
[19]Then Joshua warned the people, “You are not able to serve the lord, for he is a holy and jealous God. He will not forgive your rebellion and your sins.
[20]If you abandon the lord and serve other gods, he will turn against you and destroy you, even though he has been so good to you.”

And Jesus said this

Mark 16

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

They have a choice, believe the gospel or not, freewill.
Where is free-will?
Only those whom God chooses will believe.
John 6:35-40
[35]Jesus replied, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.
[36]But you haven’t believed in me even though you have seen me.
[37]However, those the Father has given me will come to me, and I will never reject them.
[38]For I have come down from heaven to do the will of God who sent me, not to do my own will.
[39]And this is the will of God, that I should not lose even one of all those he has given me, but that I should raise them up at the last day.
[40]For it is my Father’s will that all who see his Son and believe in him should have eternal life. I will raise them up at the last day.”
And he said

Matthew 10

And when ye come into an house, salute it. And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you. And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

They have a choice, receive the disciples and hear their words, or not, again freewill.

Jesus said to his disciples to go out and preach the gospel to every creature in every nation. So every person has a choice to make, believe or not, but not every person will believe! They all have freewill!

Not one of those verses says humans have free-will.
In each case you, like pops, add your own commentary and declare free-will.
Free-will is a man-made philosophy built on the premise that humans are neither a slave to sin nor a slave to righteousness, but instead are autonomous creatures whose will is greater than God's will. God must bow to the will of man and passively slink away if a human tells him to bug off. Or, God must come running like a dog to its master if a human tells him to come in to his heart.
What a sick and perverse philosophy is the philosophy of free-will.

popsthebuilder

Joshua was talking about obeying the Mosaic law. Here's what Joshua also says in chapter 24.
[19]Then Joshua warned the people, “You are not able to serve the lord, for he is a holy and jealous God. He will not forgive your rebellion and your sins.
[20]If you abandon the lord and serve other gods, he will turn against you and destroy you, even though he has been so good to you.”

Where is free-will?
[35]Jesus replied, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.
[37]However, those the Father has given me will come to me, and I will never reject them.
[38]For I have come down from heaven to do the will of God who sent me, not to do my own will.
[39]And this is the will of God, that I should not lose even one of all those he has given me, but that I should raise them up at the last day.
[40]For it is my Father’s will that all who see his Son and believe in him should have eternal life. I will raise them up at the last day.”

Free-will is a man-made philosophy built on the premise that humans are neither a slave to sin nor a slave to righteousness, but instead are autonomous creatures whose will is greater than God's will. God must bow to the will of man and passively slink away if a human tells him to bug off. Or, God must come running like a dog to its master if a human tells him to come in to his heart.
Below is a lie.

"will is greater than God's will."

We have a choice to either follow the Christ or reject the Christ.

That is free will and in no way places man over GOD, but shows that thoughts words and deeds have consequences.

None of that would even be in the Bible if we couldn't choose.

MennoSota

Below is a lie.

"will is greater than God's will."

We have a choice to either follow the Christ or reject the Christ.

That is free will and in no way places man over GOD, but shows that thoughts words and deeds have consequences.

None of that would even be in the Bible if we couldn't choose.

The Bible disagrees with you.
1 Corinthians 1:18-21
[18]The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God.
[19]As the Scriptures say, “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and discard the intelligence of the intelligent.”
[20]So where does this leave the philosophers, the scholars, and the world’s brilliant debaters? God has made the wisdom of this world look foolish.
[21]Since God in his wisdom saw to it that the world would never know him through human wisdom, he has used our foolish preaching to save those who believe.
Now, take your foolish philosophy of free-will away. Those who are being saved (by whom...by God's will) are believing because God so chooses.

popsthebuilder

The Bible disagrees with you.
1 Corinthians 1:18-21
[18]The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God.
[19]As the Scriptures say, “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and discard the intelligence of the intelligent.”
[20]So where does this leave the philosophers, the scholars, and the world’s brilliant debaters? God has made the wisdom of this world look foolish.
[21]Since God in his wisdom saw to it that the world would never know him through human wisdom, he has used our foolish preaching to save those who believe.
Now, take your foolish philosophy of free-will away. Those who are being saved (by whom...by God's will) are believing because God so chooses.
No one who believes GOD gives us freedom of choice believes GOD must conform to said choice.

Such is utter foolishness indeed; not to mention wholly disingenuous.

marhig

Where is free-will?

Firstly Joshua is speaking about obeying and living by the will of God. And they had a choice, join Joshua in doing so or not, because they had free will. God doesn't change, so he didn't give those in the old testament free will but those who follow Christ no free will.

We have a choice when we hear the gospel, believe and follow Jesus or not. That is free will. God brings us to him through Christ by the gospel, it is called the ministry of reconciliation because it reconciles those who believe and repent to God through Christ. No one is made to believe, we are not robots, every single one of us choose whether we believe or not.

There would be no need for preachers if there was no free will, because those God has chosen would already be saved. There would be no need to for the gospel to be preached to every creature in every nation because again God would already have his saved. But Jesus clearly said, preach to everyone everywhere and those who believe will be saved and those who don't will be damned, so everyone who hears the truth has a choice, believe or not!

We all have a choice whom we are to serve when we hear the gospel, the living God and living by his will, truly following Jesus. Or, living by the lusts of our flesh, loving this world, being under the influence of Satan and putting ourselves and our flesh before the living God!

We choose who we serve because we have free will!

MennoSota

Firstly Joshua is speaking about obeying and living by the will of God. And they had a choice, join Joshua in doing so or not, because they had free will. God doesn't change, so he didn't give those in the old testament free will but those who follow Christ no free will.

We have a choice when we hear the gospel, believe and follow Jesus or not. That is free will. God brings us to him through Christ by the gospel, it is called the ministry of reconciliation because it reconciles those who believe and repent to God through Christ. No one is made to believe, we are not robots, every single one of us choose whether we believe or not.

There would be no need for preachers if there was no free will, because those God has chosen would already be saved. There would be no need to for the gospel to be preached to every creature in every nation because again God would already have his saved. But Jesus clearly said, preach to everyone everywhere and those who believe will be saved and those who don't will be damned, so everyone who hears the truth has a choice, believe or not!

We all have a choice whom we are to serve when we hear the gospel, the living God and living by his will, truly following Jesus. Or, living by the lusts of our flesh, loving this world, being under the influence of Satan and putting ourselves and our flesh before the living God!

We choose who we serve because we have free will!
Choice and free-will are not the same thing. Within the confines of being a slave, you can make choices. You cannot, however, will yourself to be free from the one who owns you.
Romans 6:17-18
[17]Thank God! Once you were slaves of sin, but now you wholeheartedly obey this teaching we have given you.
[18]Now you are free from your slavery to sin, and you have become slaves to righteous living.
Only God can free you from slavery to sin and bring you into his family as a slave to righteousness. No matter how much you imagine you have willed yourself to freedom...you haven't; you can't; you won't. You don't get the choice.
Free-will philosophy states that you are the sovereign ruler over your life. Your will is therefore greater than any other will so that no one and no thing can overrule your will. That is simply foolish and unrealistic thinking. Your will is subjected under other authorities all the time. You are not free. God is Sovereign. His will trumps all other attempts to act outside of His authority. You cannot do it. You are not free.
Whenever we see freedom in the Bible, it is freedom...in Christ. We are wrapped up and bound within Christ. We are not autonomous rulers, equal with God in authority. Our will is not free to do whatever it wishes.
Now, go back and read the vast amount of scripture that tells us God chooses, God elects and God predestines. I posted it here for you to read. Go and read in Romans 3 where God tells us that no one seeks after God, not even one.
Free-will is a man-made philosophy without biblical support.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
If you have a brain injury and stop believing does that mean you have lost your salvation?
I don't see how any injury would forfeit salvation.
If you have Alzheimers and forget God exists does that mean you're doomed?
See above.
The gospel in the first creed:
1 Corinthians 15:3-4
I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me. Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said. He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said.

God is responsible for making you alive, for saving you (redeeming you), for adopting you, for sanctifying you, for sealing you.
Right.
Whatever response you have to the gospel is by God's ordinance. Whatever befalls you in this life is by God's ordinance. When God has chosen, he does not unchoose, no matter what befalls.
OK.
Your relationship with God is between you and God. Merely stating that you mentally agree to Jesus resurrection may or may not mean that God has chosen to redeem you.
It absolutely does mean that I am a Christian. As to whether that means your clavinist interpretation of the one Christian faith is correct or not, that's your problem.

popsthebuilder

Choice and free-will are not the same thing. Within the confines of being a slave, you can make choices. You cannot, however, will yourself to be free from the one who owns you.
Romans 6:17-18
[17]Thank God! Once you were slaves of sin, but now you wholeheartedly obey this teaching we have given you.
[18]Now you are free from your slavery to sin, and you have become slaves to righteous living.
Only God can free you from slavery to sin and bring you into his family as a slave to righteousness. No matter how much you imagine you have willed yourself to freedom...you haven't; you can't; you won't. You don't get the choice.
Free-will philosophy states that you are the sovereign ruler over your life. Your will is therefore greater than any other will so that no one and no thing can overrule your will. That is simply foolish and unrealistic thinking. Your will is subjected under other authorities all the time. You are not free. God is Sovereign. His will trumps all other attempts to act outside of His authority. You cannot do it. You are not free.
Whenever we see freedom in the Bible, it is freedom...in Christ. We are wrapped up and bound within Christ. We are not autonomous rulers, equal with God in authority. Our will is not free to do whatever it wishes.
Now, go back and read the vast amount of scripture that tells us God chooses, God elects and God predestines. I posted it here for you to read. Go and read in Romans 3 where God tells us that no one seeks after God, not even one.
Free-will is a man-made philosophy without biblical support.
...even though it is in the Bible.

popsthebuilder

It's in your dreams pops.
It is amazing. I possit that even upon direct repeated cut and paste of free will from the Bible you still will not believe the truth at this time though you already admit it. You seem to prefer to fight nothing at all.

Freedom of choice is free will. Why do you think that freedom is offered up as a sacrifice in the ot? This is rhetorical as per my preceding statement. I can still hope for you; I would be slow to pray for such against the instruction of our little book though.

MennoSota

It is amazing. I possit that even upon direct repeated cut and paste of free will from the Bible you still will not believe the truth at this time though you already admit it. You seem to prefer to fight nothing at all.

Freedom of choice is free will. Why do you think that freedom is offered up as a sacrifice in the ot? This is rhetorical as per my preceding statement. I can still hope for you; I would be slow to pray for such against the instruction of our little book though.

You're wrong and the Bible shows you. You ignore God's choice, God's election and God's predestination.