Free will is simply....

Truster

"...there is no peace unto the wicked".

And there is no escape from perdition for the unrepentant, unregenerate unconverted.

Truster

"I will bless Yah Veh, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons".

Or as the wicked declare:I will bless the LORD, who hath given me free will...:

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
This message is hidden because Idolater is on your ignore list.

"The Lord preserveth all them that love Him: but all the wicked will He destroy"

The destruction of the wicked draws closer every moment.
I agree with each one of these statements.

Idolater

"I will bless Yah Veh, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons".

Or as the wicked declare:I will bless the LORD, who hath given me free will...:
Nobody thanks God for free will---we thank Him for what He did for us, and we freely believe in Christ's Resurrection. The only thing that can stop us from believing is free will.

Idolater

How can you, Truster, believe in God's sovereignty over His creation, and not believe that the Catholic Church is His doing? You think somehow, by accident, that half the world's professing Christians are Catholics? Come on man. Work harder. Focus. You're not wrong, you just haven't gone all the way to the end of the road yet.

genuineoriginal

"The Lord preserveth all them that love Him: but all the wicked will He destroy"

The destruction of the wicked draws closer every moment.
Since you are aware that YOUR destruction is drawing closer, you should repent now.
"Many sorrows shall come unto the wicked".

Either directly or indirectly upon their children and their children's children. Your behaviour will have an adverse effect.
Try changing "your" to "my" in your sentences to see what happens when you are judged by the same measure that you judge others.

Truster

Those who are deluded by and held captive in the doctrine of free will are allowed to carry on simply because their sin has not yet reached its full measure, but it will and destruction will follow.

"Yah Veh hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil".​

Truster

"But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters expel filth and mire. There is no shalom, saith my Elohim, to the wicked". Is 57: 20, 21.

Free will expels filth and mire.

Truster

Psalm 73: 18-19 Surely thou didst set them in smooth places: thou castest them down to ruins. How are they brought into desolation, as in a blink! In consuming, they are consumed with terrors.

Smooth places = doctrines that are favourable to man and that scratch his itching ears. The doctrine of free will, "Ye shall be as Elohim".

Truster

Psalm 23 as David and all the saints experience it:

Yah Veh Raah ….
I lack not
He reposeth me
in sprouting folds
He guideth me
beside waters of rest
He restoreth my soul.​

Or as the deluded experience it:

Free will is my shepherd
I am destitute
I lie down where I please
in dead grass
free will leads me
beside turbulent waters
It wearies my soul.​

Truster

The regenerate man lives by trust and this following statement applies to the life he has and lives:

Whatever my intentions, thoughts, words and deeds. I know for an absolute certainty that I am at the centre of the will of the Eternal Almighty. For my life, my salvation and all my needs in sanctification. My wanderings are purposed and my corrections are for my own good. The honour, power, wisdom and glory for my next breath and step are His and His alone

“We know that all things work together for the good of those who love Elohim, who are called according to his purpose”.

Truster

"who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshipped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God".

To fully understand this verse it is necessary to know what the word "God" is supposed to mean and convey. Elohim is translated as Almighty. The New Testament Temple is found in the will of the regenerate man. It is in the will of the regenerate man that Elohim rules and wills to do His good pleasure.

So the verse is describing the willfully ignorant man who exalts himself above all that is called Almighty so that he sits as Almighty in the temple (free will) showing himself to be Almighty.

Get a grip, get a firm grip.

MennoSota

The majority of Christians are synergists. They believe that God is Sovereign and foreknows whom will believe, but the individual must choose to believe. This, in my mind, is a subtle area of rebellion in the Christian heart that wants to be in control. God, in their view, is a consultant, but they are the decision makers.
Strict pelagian, free-will, thinking makes God just an object on the shelf of gods that people can choose. If you're wise enough, you will choose YHWH. This is pure heresy that St Augustine repudiated, yet it still persists due to the rebellion of the human heart.
The monergist believes that God ordains all things (says yes or no) according to His prescribed will. Even the evil rebellious behaviors of man are ordained by God to work out His perfect plan.
The monergist believes that God chose whom He would adopt from before the foundation of the world. God elects to save whom He wills because spiritually dead persons cannot choose. God must do the work of saving rebels because they are hopelessly and helplessly lost. They cannot choose a path to freedom. Their doom is certain without God choosing to reach in and save.
I believe the Bible fully supports the monergist position. I understand the synergistic thinking and believe many truly adopted believers struggle to let go of control, yet God is gracious. I consider pelagian thinking to be straight from hell and in complete rebellion to God.

Truster

"The majority of Christians are synergists. They believe that God is Sovereign and foreknows whom will believe, but the individual must choose to believe".

This is all I need to read to understand the degree of your blind heresies.

There is nothing that you have to say that I want to read. Do me a favour and scroll past when you see my name.

popsthebuilder

"The majority of Christians are synergists. They believe that God is Sovereign and foreknows whom will believe, but the individual must choose to believe".

This is all I need to read to understand the degree of your blind heresies.

There is nothing that you have to say that I want to read. Do me a favour and scroll past when you see my name.

You are both Calvinists.

You would think you might out to focus on common foundation instead of ostracizing one another.
[MENTION=20836]MennoSota[/MENTION]; not saying you did anything wrong.....just that you are a Calvinist of some sort, and so is he.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

MennoSota

You are both Calvinists.

You would think you might out to focus on common foundation instead of ostracizing one another.
[MENTION=20836]MennoSota[/MENTION]; not saying you did anything wrong.....just that you are a Calvinist of some sort, and so is he.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk
There is no ostracizing. I am clarifying. Also, not Calvinist since what we believe is clearly taught in the Bible. Christians long before Calvin believed this truth. It's better to call it what it is...Christianist. [emoji41]

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The majority of Christians are synergists. They believe that God is Sovereign

Was God always sovereign?

and foreknows whom will believe, but the individual must choose to believe.

So when God says, "Choose you this day whom you will serve," He really means, "Make the decision I have already determined that you will make"?

I caution you to avoid confirmation bias.

This, in my mind, is a subtle area of rebellion in the Christian heart that wants to be in control. God, in their view, is a consultant, but they are the decision makers.

"Choose you this day whom you will serve" speaks for itself.

Strict pelagian, free-will, thinking makes God

... a living, loving, personal, relational, and good God.

just an object on the shelf of gods that people can choose.

Here's what the God of the Bible says about false gods:

Spoiler
“Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel, And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; Besides Me there is no God.And who can proclaim as I do? Then let him declare it and set it in order for Me, Since I appointed the ancient people. And the things that are coming and shall come, Let them show these to them.Do not fear, nor be afraid; Have I not told you from that time, and declared it? You are My witnesses. Is there a God besides Me? Indeed there is no other Rock; I know not one.’ ”Those who make an image, all of them are useless, And their precious things shall not profit; They are their own witnesses; They neither see nor know, that they may be ashamed.Who would form a god or mold an image That profits him nothing?Surely all his companions would be ashamed; And the workmen, they are mere men. Let them all be gathered together, Let them stand up; Yet they shall fear, They shall be ashamed together.The blacksmith with the tongs works one in the coals, Fashions it with hammers, And works it with the strength of his arms. Even so, he is hungry, and his strength fails; He drinks no water and is faint.The craftsman stretches out his rule, He marks one out with chalk; He fashions it with a plane, He marks it out with the compass, And makes it like the figure of a man, According to the beauty of a man, that it may remain in the house.He cuts down cedars for himself, And takes the cypress and the oak; He secures it for himself among the trees of the forest. He plants a pine, and the rain nourishes it.Then it shall be for a man to burn, For he will take some of it and warm himself; Yes, he kindles it and bakes bread; Indeed he makes a god and worships it; He makes it a carved image, and falls down to it.He burns half of it in the fire; With this half he eats meat; He roasts a roast, and is satisfied. He even warms himself and says, “Ah! I am warm, I have seen the fire.”And the rest of it he makes into a god, His carved image. He falls down before it and worships it, Prays to it and says, “Deliver me, for you are my god!”They do not know nor understand; For He has shut their eyes, so that they cannot see, And their hearts, so that they cannot understand.And no one considers in his heart, Nor is there knowledge nor understanding to say, “I have burned half of it in the fire, Yes, I have also baked bread on its coals; I have roasted meat and eaten it; And shall I make the rest of it an abomination? Shall I fall down before a block of wood?”He feeds on ashes; A deceived heart has turned him aside; And he cannot deliver his soul, Nor say, “ Is there not a lie in my right hand?” - Isaiah 44:6-20 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah44:6-20&version=NKJV

He mocks the gods of men that can't do anything at all, because they don't even exist.

If you're wise enough, you will choose YHWH.

Solomon was the wisest man to have ever lived, and look where that got him.

Wisdom isn't what gets one to heaven, and that's coming from an "Open Theist."

When a man asks a woman to marry him, and she says yes, and on their wedding day, they say "I do" to each other, are they doing anything at all? No, they are simply accepting the other person as their spouse.

In the same way, according to open theism, when a person accepts Christ as their Savior, it's not that they did something to acquire the free gift of salvation, he's simply accepting Him into his life.

This is pure heresy that St Augustine repudiated, yet it still persists due to the rebellion of the human heart.

You wanna talk 'bout heresy? Augustine used the pagan teachings of Plato and "Fate" to form the basis of his theology. The Bible doesn't teach fate. In fact, Christ Himself taught that things happen by chance, that they don't always happen for a reason:

But he, wanting to justify himself, said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”Then Jesus answered and said: [JESUS]“A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, who stripped him of his clothing, wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.Now by chance a certain priest came down that road. And when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.Likewise a Levite, when he arrived at the place, came and looked, and passed by on the other side.But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was. And when he saw him, he had compassion.So he went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine; and he set him on his own animal, brought him to an inn, and took care of him.On the next day, when he departed, he took out two denarii, gave them to the innkeeper, and said to him, ‘Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, when I come again, I will repay you.’So which of these three do you think was neighbor to him who fell among the thieves?”[/JESUS]And he said, “He who showed mercy on him.” Then Jesus said to him, [JESUS]“Go and do likewise.”[/JESUS] - Luke 10:29-37 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke10:29-37&version=NKJV

and

There were present at that season some who told Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.And Jesus answered and said to them, [JESUS]“Do you suppose that these Galileans were worse sinners than all other Galileans, because they suffered such things?I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem?I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.”[/JESUS] - Luke 13:1-5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke13:1-5&version=NKJV

The monergist believes that God ordains all things (says yes or no) according to His prescribed will. Even the evil rebellious behaviors of man are ordained by God to work out His perfect plan.

So you're saying that evil originated in the mind of God?

That, sir, is heresy.

When God created light, did He create darkness? In a sense yes, but only in that He created the possibility for there to be an absence of light. In the same way, when He created man, He gave man the ability to choose between God and absence of God.

The monergist believes that God chose whom He would adopt from before the foundation of the world.

So when Jesus (in an OT Christophany) told Abraham, "Now I know that you fear God"

And He said, “Do not lay your hand on the lad, or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.” - Genesis 22:12 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis22:12&version=NKJV

God elects to save whom He wills because spiritually dead persons cannot choose. God must do the work of saving rebels because they are hopelessly and helplessly lost. They cannot choose a path to freedom. Their doom is certain without God choosing to reach in and save.

Hopelessly and helplessly lost? So not even God could save them?

And Calvinists accuse Open Theists of putting God in a box...

We teach that God CAN save them, if they just accept His free gift which requires no works or action on their part.

I believe the Bible fully supports the monergist position.

I'm glad you said "I believe...", because the Bible doesn't support your beliefs.

I understand the synergistic thinking and believe many truly adopted believers struggle to let go of control, yet God is gracious. I consider pelagian thinking to be straight from hell and in complete rebellion to God.

That's funny, because for the first 300 years after Christianity, open theism was unanimously accepted as truth (not appealing to popularity, just stating facts). It wasn't until Augustine came along with his Platonic thinking that that changed.

In their expanded edition (2000) of their book God's Strategy in Human History. Marston and Forster show that early Christian leaders taught free will and rejected heresies that denied genuine free will. Scripture, and not church history, should be our final authorty in a debate over predestination and free will, and not church history; however, Marston & Forster's observations, as well as others, that the early Christian leaders taught free will, can help to show people like yourself that you are wrongly taught that the early Christian leaders opposed libertarian free will.

In addition to that, as he was struggling to understand the nature of sin, Augustine himself wrote: “Whatever [the cause of evil] I saw that no explanation would do which would force me to believe the immutable God mutable." (Confessions of Augustine) In other words: Augustine was prepared to sacrifice any teaching, including on God’s righteousness, to preserve utter immutability.

In summation, your beliefs are wrong because you fail to rightly divide God's word.

MennoSota

Was God always sovereign?

So when God says, "Choose you this day whom you will serve," He really means, "Make the decision I have already determined that you will make"?

I caution you to avoid confirmation bias.

"Choose you this day whom you will serve" speaks for itself.

... a living, loving, personal, relational, and good God.

Here's what the God of the Bible says about false gods:

Spoiler
“Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel, And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; Besides Me there is no God.And who can proclaim as I do? Then let him declare it and set it in order for Me, Since I appointed the ancient people. And the things that are coming and shall come, Let them show these to them.Do not fear, nor be afraid; Have I not told you from that time, and declared it? You are My witnesses. Is there a God besides Me? Indeed there is no other Rock; I know not one.’ ”Those who make an image, all of them are useless, And their precious things shall not profit; They are their own witnesses; They neither see nor know, that they may be ashamed.Who would form a god or mold an image That profits him nothing?Surely all his companions would be ashamed; And the workmen, they are mere men. Let them all be gathered together, Let them stand up; Yet they shall fear, They shall be ashamed together.The blacksmith with the tongs works one in the coals, Fashions it with hammers, And works it with the strength of his arms. Even so, he is hungry, and his strength fails; He drinks no water and is faint.The craftsman stretches out his rule, He marks one out with chalk; He fashions it with a plane, He marks it out with the compass, And makes it like the figure of a man, According to the beauty of a man, that it may remain in the house.He cuts down cedars for himself, And takes the cypress and the oak; He secures it for himself among the trees of the forest. He plants a pine, and the rain nourishes it.Then it shall be for a man to burn, For he will take some of it and warm himself; Yes, he kindles it and bakes bread; Indeed he makes a god and worships it; He makes it a carved image, and falls down to it.He burns half of it in the fire; With this half he eats meat; He roasts a roast, and is satisfied. He even warms himself and says, “Ah! I am warm, I have seen the fire.”And the rest of it he makes into a god, His carved image. He falls down before it and worships it, Prays to it and says, “Deliver me, for you are my god!”They do not know nor understand; For He has shut their eyes, so that they cannot see, And their hearts, so that they cannot understand.And no one considers in his heart, Nor is there knowledge nor understanding to say, “I have burned half of it in the fire, Yes, I have also baked bread on its coals; I have roasted meat and eaten it; And shall I make the rest of it an abomination? Shall I fall down before a block of wood?”He feeds on ashes; A deceived heart has turned him aside; And he cannot deliver his soul, Nor say, “ Is there not a lie in my right hand?” - Isaiah 44:6-20 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah44:6-20&version=NKJV

He mocks the gods of men that can't do anything at all, because they don't even exist.

Solomon was the wisest man to have ever lived, and look where that got him.

Wisdom isn't what gets one to heaven, and that's coming from an "Open Theist."

When a man asks a woman to marry him, and she says yes, and on their wedding day, they say "I do" to each other, are they doing anything at all? No, they are simply accepting the other person as their spouse.

In the same way, according to open theism, when a person accepts Christ as their Savior, it's not that they did something to acquire the free gift of salvation, he's simply accepting Him into his life.

You wanna talk 'bout heresy? Augustine used the pagan teachings of Plato and "Fate" to form the basis of his theology. The Bible doesn't teach fate. In fact, Christ Himself taught that things happen by chance, that they don't always happen for a reason:

But he, wanting to justify himself, said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”Then Jesus answered and said: [JESUS]“A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, who stripped him of his clothing, wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.Now by chance a certain priest came down that road. And when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.Likewise a Levite, when he arrived at the place, came and looked, and passed by on the other side.But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was. And when he saw him, he had compassion.So he went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine; and he set him on his own animal, brought him to an inn, and took care of him.On the next day, when he departed, he took out two denarii, gave them to the innkeeper, and said to him, ‘Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, when I come again, I will repay you.’So which of these three do you think was neighbor to him who fell among the thieves?”[/JESUS]And he said, “He who showed mercy on him.” Then Jesus said to him, [JESUS]“Go and do likewise.”[/JESUS] - Luke 10:29-37 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke10:29-37&version=NKJV

and

There were present at that season some who told Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.And Jesus answered and said to them, [JESUS]“Do you suppose that these Galileans were worse sinners than all other Galileans, because they suffered such things?I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem?I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.”[/JESUS] - Luke 13:1-5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke13:1-5&version=NKJV

So you're saying that evil originated in the mind of God?

That, sir, is heresy.

When God created light, did He create darkness? In a sense yes, but only in that He created the possibility for there to be an absence of light. In the same way, when He created man, He gave man the ability to choose between God and absence of God.

So when Jesus (in an OT Christophany) told Abraham, "Now I know that you fear God"

And He said, “Do not lay your hand on the lad, or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.” - Genesis 22:12 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis22:12&version=NKJV

Hopelessly and helplessly lost? So not even God could save them?

And Calvinists accuse Open Theists of putting God in a box...

We teach that God CAN save them, if they just accept His free gift which requires no works or action on their part.

I'm glad you said "I believe...", because the Bible doesn't support your beliefs.

That's funny, because for the first 300 years after Christianity, open theism was unanimously accepted as truth (not appealing to popularity, just stating facts). It wasn't until Augustine came along with his Platonic thinking that that changed.

In their expanded edition (2000) of their book God's Strategy in Human History. Marston and Forster show that early Christian leaders taught free will and rejected heresies that denied genuine free will. Scripture, and not church history, should be our final authorty in a debate over predestination and free will, and not church history; however, Marston & Forster's observations, as well as others, that the early Christian leaders taught free will, can help to show people like yourself that you are wrongly taught that the early Christian leaders opposed libertarian free will.

In addition to that, as he was struggling to understand the nature of sin, Augustine himself wrote: “Whatever [the cause of evil] I saw that no explanation would do which would force me to believe the immutable God mutable." (Confessions of Augustine) In other words: Augustine was prepared to sacrifice any teaching, including on God’s righteousness, to preserve utter immutability.

In summation, your beliefs are wrong because you fail to rightly divide God's word.
LOL, a tome...
1) Re-read Joshua 29 cause it ain't say in what you think it's sayin.
2) From before the foundation of the world is from before time was created.
3) God is always Sovereign (past, present, future, out-of-time) and yes...humans are helpless and hopeless without God choosing to save them.
As for the rest of what you wrote, I have no reply because I don't have the time or the care to read it...so I suggest you learn how to edit. [emoji56]